U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
3,689 posts, read 9,250,335 times
Reputation: 944

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Yeap the knowledge of MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and other neuro diseases is progressing fast as that's great for us humans. Since i'm an MTV Boomer in my early 40's maybe when i'm 80 all these will be a thing of the past .
I personally hope sooner lol.... MS sucks, it just plain sucks. Thank the lord I have not progressed fast at all.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I personally hope sooner lol.... MS sucks, it just plain sucks. Thank the lord I have not progressed fast at all.
I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal with Multiple Sclerosis Noahma. I assume you know of the National MS Society's web site that always has info on clinical drug trials.

Home : National MS Society

Also there are 2 biotech companies Neuralstem and Geron that have already applied to the FDA for human clinical trials in 2009 of Stem Cell use in ALS and MS.

Neuralstem site
Stem Cell Research at Neuralstem

Geron site
human embryonic stem cell-based therapeutics | biopharmaceuticals | cancer | telomerase | human embryonic stem cell | vaccine | Geron
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
3,689 posts, read 9,250,335 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal with Multiple Sclerosis Noahma. I assume you know of the National MS Society's web site that always has info on clinical drug trials.

Home : National MS Society

Also there are 2 biotech companies Neuralstem and Geron that have already applied to the FDA for human clinical trials in 2009 of Stem Cell use in ALS and MS.

Neuralstem site
Stem Cell Research at Neuralstem

Geron site
human embryonic stem cell-based therapeutics | biopharmaceuticals | cancer | telomerase | human embryonic stem cell | vaccine | Geron
I follow the trials quite frequently, and am a member of the NMSS. I am very looking forward to the new oral meds that should be out within the next year. It would mean 77% efficacy (my current med Copaxone is only 35% effective) and NO MORE SHOTS!!!!! I am a human pin cushion at the moment lol. The Stem cell stuff has me a little skeptical. The previous trials left some actualy passing away from the treatments. I have a 3 year old daughter and need to make sure that anything I do does not cause me more harm than this disease.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 01:38 PM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I follow the trials quite frequently, and am a member of the NMSS. I am very looking forward to the new oral meds that should be out within the next year. It would mean 77% efficacy (my current med Copaxone is only 35% effective) and NO MORE SHOTS!!!!! I am a human pin cushion at the moment lol. The Stem cell stuff has me a little skeptical. The previous trials left some actualy passing away from the treatments. I have a 3 year old daughter and need to make sure that anything I do does not cause me more harm than this disease.
This just out today on Sciencedaily.com.

Multiple Sclerosis Research Charges Ahead With New Mouse Model Of Disease-Science Daily


(I should ask YAC if he can place these MS posts on a separate thread.)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,289,698 times
Moved from the science forum.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
3,689 posts, read 9,250,335 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Moved from the science forum.
Yac.
great wonderfull, thank you Yac. I do know that there are some others with MS that frequent the health and wellness forum that might like to chime in.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top