U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:12 PM

15,541 posts, read 35,685,021 times

Advertisements

All you can really do when people ask is look around kind of sheepishly and mumble that you fell down the stairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Do it again with the other eye so they look the same.
wouldent that make her look like a rackoon lol

Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,368 times
i have a bruise on my arm from being punched and it is really ugly...it takes up like half of my arm which sucks. i want to make it go away faster but i cant find any good remedies that i think are worth trying. does anyone have any suggestions? because i want it gone as soon as possible.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,687,871 times
Essential oil of geranium promotes healing of bruises. Be sure you're getting undiluted Pelargonium graveolens or P. roseum (rose geranium), and not merely a "scented" oil. You apply it by adding a couple of drops to a cotton ball and *gently* wiping the moistened cotton over the skin. Caveat: it is an aromatherapy oil and as such, has a pretty strong smell. The rose geranium is slightly less "grassy" and slightly more "floral" but they're both pretty strong, as essential oils go.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,275 times
Default hey pinetreelover

i have a similar bruise, my son fell headon on my browbone , first day no black eye just swelling and then for the next 5 days my eye was black both under n over , the under looks terrible, just how bad was ur bruise??

Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,999,333 times
Arnica Gel or cream speeds up the healing of bruises.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,024 times
SORRY, but apart from cold compresses to reduce the swelling there is nothing that will get rid of the bruising.
I have done cold compresses. Pineapple compresses. Warm compresses. Witch hazel. Arnica. Loads of vitamin C.
14 days later and it is still there shining at me in the mirror.
Cheers Tony!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:16 AM

2,495 posts, read 3,455,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Great - that is what my husband said too. He is very sensitive about this because he thinks everyone we encounter thinks he is a wife beater now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
LOL....tell him you will look really sad or scared at him when you are out in public....maybe you can get some jewelry out of this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Do it again with the other eye so they look the same.
lol at the two responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness