Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 11:04 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times

Advertisements

I have found out that I have developed severe asthma in Yuma, AZ. There is a lot of agriculture here and when they spray the fields I have an asthma attack. I can't even drive anywhere near the fields without having an asthma attack. There are a lot of roads that run next to fields here. I have learned that if I just stay inside all the time or leave Yuma, that my asthma symptoms get A LOT better. I don't know what to do because my job is here and it is difficult to find teaching jobs in other parts of the country. Plus I have a lease on my apartment that doesn't end until September 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Maybe your doctor can write something up to the effect that the environment is causing your symptoms and it's a great hardship to live here w/ asthma. Health related note of some kind.That might help you break the lease for medical reasons. As far as jobs, try sending out your resume and see what happens. Good luck.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:22 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,497 times
Have you considered seeing a naturopath? Perhaps they can help with some ideas or methods differing from the main stream of medications advertised?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have found out that I have developed severe asthma in Yuma, AZ. There is a lot of agriculture here and when they spray the fields I have an asthma attack. I can't even drive anywhere near the fields without having an asthma attack. There are a lot of roads that run next to fields here. I have learned that if I just stay inside all the time or leave Yuma, that my asthma symptoms get A LOT better. I don't know what to do because my job is here and it is difficult to find teaching jobs in other parts of the country. Plus I have a lease on my apartment that doesn't end until September 30.

Forget about all the other things, they can be worked out, if you've had an allergic reaction here to the crops/crop dusters, or whatever environmental allergy it may be, you cannot afford risking a shutdown of your lungs;
Get the physician to write something, you can't teach on a ventilator or much worse , dead from acute asthma exacerbation.
This is serious business here, life or breath"
and BTW, this is not the time to go fooling around wih naturopathy either, especially when you can't get any air into your lungs; take your inhalers , allergy meds, and steroids until you can get away from the trigger; It's an severe allergic reaction; please assume that this is serious and let the Pulmonologists and allergists take care of you
God bless You
hope you feel better, and can find a job somewhere else
in my prayers

Old 11-23-2008, 06:21 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Forget about all the other things, they can be worked out, if you've had an allergic reaction here to the crops/crop dusters, or whatever environmental allergy it may be, you cannot afford risking a shutdown of your lungs;
Get the physician to write something, you can't teach on a ventilator or much worse , dead from acute asthma exacerbation.
This is serious business here, life or breath"
and BTW, this is not the time to go fooling around wih naturopathy either, especially when you can't get any air into your lungs; take your inhalers , allergy meds, and steroids until you can get away from the trigger; It's an severe allergic reaction; please assume that this is serious and let the Pulmonologists and allergists take care of you
God bless You
hope you feel better, and can find a job somewhere else
in my prayers
I am going to just start sending out resumes to see what happens. I have to go back to the pulmonologist on Tuesday. I have already had to use my rescue inhaler twice just today. Yesterday, I used it 3 times. I am also taking Advair and it is not stopping the attacks. My asthma is so severe from the crops that I am using my inhaler about 14 times a week. Although before taking Advair I was using it a lot more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness