U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:05 PM

13,634 posts, read 21,494,218 times

Advertisements

I used to get acid reflux and had heartburn quite often.

A coworker of mine used to drink Braggs apple cider vinegar mixed with honey and hot water every morning before work so I started that.

Then I went on a diet heavy in green veggies and practically no grain, bread, etc. and that coughing or gagging after meals and in the morning went away too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,109 times
Oh my I can't take it any more, the coughing and gagging is over the top now. What happens is that every mourning when I get up I feel a itch or something in my throat and then start coughing and gagging mucus up, which then causes my sinus to fill up that I have to blow out. The gagging is pretty intense like I have to clear something out deep in my lungs. All this brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel like I am so close to bringing up every mourning. My throat does hurt just below the Adam's apple and while on vacation had a hard time to put food down and even saliva but this only happens a few times. But the gagging, coughing and then excessive sinus mucus has been going on for many years but is getting worst now. And now it happens during the day at times when I get up from my recliner.

I believe it could be acid reflex or maybe I sit around to much, maybe being to lazy for so long and not enough exercise?? Went to the doctor and she prescribe me a spray for the sinus along with a sinus rinse. Will give that a try. Also will be joining the gym soon.

Hope something works as it is so annoying and embarrassing. All advice appreciated.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 831 times
I have experienced this exact thing every morning. I wake up with bad stomach aches, then go outside usually to not wake my roommate, I cough hard then I gag and sometimes throw up. Happens often that some foam comes out. I have no idea what is up with my stomach. Anyone have a clue?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:35 AM

13,363 posts, read 7,128,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk A View Post
Oh my I can't take it any more, the coughing and gagging is over the top now. What happens is that every mourning when I get up I feel a itch or something in my throat and then start coughing and gagging mucus up, which then causes my sinus to fill up that I have to blow out. The gagging is pretty intense like I have to clear something out deep in my lungs. All this brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel like I am so close to bringing up every mourning. My throat does hurt just below the Adam's apple and while on vacation had a hard time to put food down and even saliva but this only happens a few times. But the gagging, coughing and then excessive sinus mucus has been going on for many years but is getting worst now. And now it happens during the day at times when I get up from my recliner.

I believe it could be acid reflex or maybe I sit around to much, maybe being to lazy for so long and not enough exercise?? Went to the doctor and she prescribe me a spray for the sinus along with a sinus rinse. Will give that a try. Also will be joining the gym soon.

Hope something works as it is so annoying and embarrassing. All advice appreciated.
I had not quite the same issue - but I started waking up every night coughing...like I had to cough something up but never could....I could be up for an hour or more. My doctor said it was allergies causing post nasal drip and that irritated my throat. I'd never had any allergies before but she said its not uncommon to develop later in life as our immune system ages. Anyway for me, a daily generic zyrtec, generic flonase and very occasional use of an inhaler and I'm sleeping just fine!

Get yourself checked out - my doc also suggested acid reflux as a possible cause but we ruled that out.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 456 times
Oh my god!!! MOLD was my problem!!! My damn Brita filter has been collecting mold even before the suggested change date (3 months). Been drinking moldy water that caused me to have increase in phlegm, mucus buildup, morning gag, blood cyst, joint pains, indigestion, dizziness, weight loss, and slight vomiting. Mold MOLD MOLD!!! Ewww

Old 07-11-2017, 03:23 PM

1,283 posts, read 826,836 times
I have this problem a bit in the morning too. Only for me, it's mostly when I'm brushing my teeth. My gag reflex is much stronger first thing in the morning than at any other time of the day. Sometimes to the point of having to dry heave into the sink. I think for me it is a result of post nasal drip, which is worse after having been horizontal all night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness