U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
I started powerlifting to give my fighting skills more power. I loved that feeling of pushing myself beyond my limits, the endorphine rush, and the look and feel of my muscles pumped with blood.
That's why i would never take the pill unless i was paraylized as the endorphin rush i get when pumping iron or doing 30 minutes of high intensity on the exercise bike covered in sweat and breathing heavy and seeing my veins popping out of my arms ...lol...makes me feel powerful to conquer all challenges i may face today.

I really have a hard time believing they can create a pill that does what exercise does in the DNA/RNA expression in our genomes that have evolved for hundreds of thousands of years.

As for old people not being strong or being weak and needing this pill ......look at Jack Lalanne at 94 he still pumps iron and can do 500 pushups 6 days a week.

Here he is at 94 lifting weights. He's my idol .

http://www.proteinpower.com/ Jack Lalanne at 94 Lifting Weights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 AM
 
527 posts, read 838,029 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I really have a hard time believing they can create a pill that does what exercise does in the DNA/RNA expression in our genomes that have evolved for hundreds of thousands of years.
Our bodies are electro-chemical in nature. When you have a creative idea... that is just an electrical charge that triggers numerous chemicals and hormones to be released as it goes through your system. So is exercise... It is your body burning fats and sugars for energy. It is the hormones and natural chemicals being released by your body that produce the certain effects of that exercise. Exercise damages muscle fibers... when those fibers are repaired that gives you bigger and stronger muscles because it not only repairs those fibers it adds more mass to them. In order to accomplish that feat... your body has to produce a whole series of chemicals and hormones to achieve those results.

These people found two of the major chemicals that body produces naturally and synthesised them. The two hormones they found are primarily used for burning fat and using that energy to enhance the muscle's endurance and strength. It was so effective that the Sport Medicine Authority already can test for it, to prevent athletes from getting an unfair edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Jack Lalanne at 94 he still pumps iron and can do 500 pushups 6 days a week.


Not everbody can be Jack Lalanne!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 09:52 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
Our bodies are electro-chemical in nature. When you have a creative idea... that is just an electrical charge that triggers numerous chemicals and hormones to be released as it goes through your system. So is exercise... It is your body burning fats and sugars for energy. It is the hormones and natural chemicals being released by your body that produce the certain effects of that exercise. Exercise damages muscle fibers... when those fibers are repaired that gives you bigger and stronger muscles because it not only repairs those fibers it adds more mass to them. In order to accomplish that feat... your body has to produce a whole series of chemicals and hormones to achieve those results.

These people found two of the major chemicals that body produces naturally and synthesised them. The two hormones they found are primarily used for burning fat and using that energy to enhance the muscle's endurance and strength. It was so effective that the Sport Medicine Authority already can test for it, to prevent athletes from getting an unfair edge.



Not everbody can be Jack Lalanne!
Zed......

Yeap i understand all what your saying about how exercise effects hormones and chemical reactions in the human body as i myself have been in the bodybuilding field since 1985 when i was a tall and skinny 21 y/o and first joined the YMCA but there's still a Genomic component to it all. Don't get me wrong i'm glad scientists are creating this pill as people with Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, Parkinson's and Spinal Cord paraylises etc.. will benefit. I'm very pro ''anti aging'' research myself. But there has been research in the sports physiological sciences where scientists take a drop blood/saliva sample and run an analyses on a gene chip before and after exercise which shows expressions to the genome immediately after.

Exercise and it's effects on the genome even shows changes to the genes that control white blood cells and inflammatory markers i.e. IL-6, C- Reactive Protein, Tumor Necrosis Factor etc..in the body

Exercise and gene expression: physiological regulation of the human genome through physical activity -- Booth et al. 543 (2): 399 -- The Journal of Physiology Online

Exercise affects the gene expression profiles of h...[J Appl Physiol. 2007] - PubMed Result

http://***.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/4/1461 Effects of Exercise on Gene Expression

As for not everyone can be like jack lalanne......why not as he gave up all junk food forever at 15 and exercised and ate fruits, vege's, meat and eggs for the last 79 years of his life as he looks great. Hopefully i'll be the same at 94 as i'll be pumping iron and listening to Ratt and Blondie from the 1980's in the future 2058 when i'm 94 .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
 
527 posts, read 838,029 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
As for not everyone can be like jack lalanne......why not as he gave up all junk food forever at 15 and exercised and ate fruits, vege's, meat and eggs for the last 79 years of his life as he looks great.
I can learn martial arts and get very good at it... even great! But I am no Bruce Lee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
But there has been research in the sports physiological sciences where scientists take a drop blood/saliva sample and run an analyses on a gene chip before and after exercise which shows expressions to the genome immediately after.
I just gave you an example and you just gave yourself an example, why not everybody can be Jack Lalanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Yeap i understand all what your saying about how exercise effects hormones and chemical reactions in the human body
My break down of that process was due to your post about having a hard time believing it. You know there are various kinds of roids that either build you up, cut your fat, get rid of water, or aromatase inhibitors. There is HGH and insulin synthetics... why is this so hard to believe? I believe that exercise is better do not get me wrong. I was just curious what everybody else thought about it. I sometimes want to try it out and sometimes I do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
As for being Bruce Lee.....hey you and Natasha have me beat as that's why i love all those 70's chinese Kung Fu movies .

As for steroids sadly i do know about ''Dianabol'' and it's effect as it's killed many with Cancer and as for it growing muscles and strength.......you still have to pump iron etc for it to make your muscles grow or your liver and other organs will enlarge. Anyway i still need to feel the endorphins that ''High Intensity'' exercise gives me even if i didn't get muscles etc. as i hope a ''pill'' can recreate that in the future.

Like i said i hope this and other new age technology medicines (Anti Aging and Longevity etc.) come online as i'm a MTV Boomer as we are really into not being old and broken down like our WW2 grandparents became as it was sad to see them become so old and sickly after being bad asses in WW2.

You and i have the exact opposite problem and yet both of us need to exercise (weights, Cardio etc) as if you do not exercise you gain weight easy and if i don't exercise i become super skinny like a toothpick .

Anyway nice thread Zed Man !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
 
527 posts, read 838,029 times
Reputation: 366
Thanks for the Angela Mao link! She rocks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Reputation: 66975
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
N
I've been thinking we should invent a human "kibble". A perfectly balanced diet, sort of like dog food. You eat only that until you get to your desired weight and then maybe just a few days a week to maintain.
Wtf? I have been working for the last 2 years (mostly in my head) on this very concept. I call it the People Pellet. It is absolutely inspired by my dog's food, which when measured out in proper increments gives her all the nutrition she needs and keeps her lean and healthy.

Current 'magic pill' already on the market would be like NO Shotgun. One serving actually contains negative 81 calories. Pre-workout drink with nitric oxide, creatine, certain amino acids...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
Thanks for the Angela Mao link! She rocks!
LOL....I thought of that when i saw your photo's of Natasha doing her martial arts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 02:25 PM
 
527 posts, read 838,029 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
LOL....I thought of that when i saw your photo's of Natasha doing her martial arts.
Thank you sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 07:36 PM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Reputation: 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Current 'magic pill' already on the market would be like NO Shotgun. One serving actually contains negative 81 calories. Pre-workout drink with nitric oxide, creatine, certain amino acids...
That's the problem in that you still have to workout to get any benefit from the products you just mentioned but the OP is talking about a pill that you can take and never exercise and yet have a strong cardio output and also become muscular like pumping iron.

Maybe in 2112 .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top