U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 AM

25 posts, read 143,235 times

Advertisements

there is a pill that can assist with weight loss, I have recieved it from my doctor and my dad was given it to him when he went to weight watchers. It's called Adipex it basically stops the part of your brain that tells you your hungry and rev's up your system to want to exercise or just get up and get going. Nothing like those stackers or other scary pills. This pill also makes you extremely thirsty to help you flush out the fat. It works incredible well and if you do it right and learn how to eat the right foods when you are hungry instead of reaching for the sodas and candybars you end up losing weight, learning to eat correctly and start to enjoy drinking water and exercising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 08:41 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,983,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grow taller View Post
that's terrible...why would one take a pill instead of trying to benefit from exercises and other good things that come with that? and how natural that kind of a pill could be?

well, for everyone interested, there is something pretty interested i firstly herad about, then got closer to it, and now i recommend it. but one needs to still have that desire to exercise...

it's a system that helps you make more out of your exercises with a proper nutrition and supplements (amino-acids) neccesary to keep our bodies in the overall shape. this is not just about muscels!!! it helps your organs grow and, eventually you grow taller. i am not talking growing 20 inches or more, but a few aditional inches will come if applying this sistem Growth-FlexV.

anyway, growing taller is an unexpected - and how lovely!!! - benefit of this system that is actually based on exercises and interest in keeping our body healthy.

if you have ever wanted to have a few inches more if your height, consider checking this web site Grow taller Growth-FlexV official site – approved height increase system.

i am sure you'll find some interesting detailes you didn't think about before.
WOW....You mean i can grow to 6 foot 6 tall taking and paying your magical system .

Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,322,085 times
I would never take such a pill because there will be serious side effects down the line. Just what America needs is to become even more lazy when it comes to our health. Exercise feels great after your done. You can set personal goals for yourself and acheive them. Its one of the few things that most of us have total control over.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:27 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,983,245 times
Well not all people are lazy and could use an ''exercise pill'' as for example those who are old aged like people in their 90's and 100's and older in nursing homes and also the disabled as many people are paralysed from accidents and neuro diseases who cannot exercise who possibly could benefit if the science is sound.

That being said the endorphin rush from exercise is a great feeling.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 AM

25 posts, read 143,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grow taller View Post
that's terrible...why would one take a pill instead of trying to benefit from exercises and other good things that come with that? and how natural that kind of a pill could be?

well, for everyone interested, there is something pretty interested i firstly herad about, then got closer to it, and now i recommend it. but one needs to still have that desire to exercise...

it's a system that helps you make more out of your exercises with a proper nutrition and supplements (amino-acids) neccesary to keep our bodies in the overall shape. this is not just about muscels!!! it helps your organs grow and, eventually you grow taller. i am not talking growing 20 inches or more, but a few aditional inches will come if applying this sistem Growth-FlexV.

anyway, growing taller is an unexpected - and how lovely!!! - benefit of this system that is actually based on exercises and interest in keeping our body healthy.

if you have ever wanted to have a few inches more if your height, consider checking this web site Grow taller Growth-FlexV official site – approved height increase system.

i am sure you'll find some interesting detailes you didn't think about before.
i didn't say you wouldn't need to exercise but there are people in the world due to other health conditions that are unable to get their metabolism going with just exercise alone. I personally tried slim fast, curves, planet fitness, and just good old fashion eating healthier unfortunately my body needed a kick start and that is what some medicines out there are able to provide. You shouldn't judge anything that is able to help someone get healthier and if you are doing this along with your doctor and being monitored it can be very beneficial.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:51 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,322,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Well not all people are lazy and could use an ''exercise pill'' as for example those who are old aged like people in their 90's and 100's and older in nursing homes and also the disabled as many people are paralysed from accidents and neuro diseases who cannot exercise who possibly could benefit if the science is sound.

That being said the endorphin rush from exercise is a great feeling.
True, but the side effects from such a drug would still be an issue.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,148,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrochick1 View Post
i didn't say you wouldn't need to exercise but there are people in the world due to other health conditions that are unable to get their metabolism going with just exercise alone. I personally tried slim fast, curves, planet fitness, and just good old fashion eating healthier unfortunately my body needed a kick start and that is what some medicines out there are able to provide. You shouldn't judge anything that is able to help someone get healthier and if you are doing this along with your doctor and being monitored it can be very beneficial.
If you didn't lose weight doing all those things you claim you were doing, then you were still eating too much. *shrug* Simple proper exercise will increase your metabolism, and unless you are a very rare medical case, you'll lose weight. People who actually have medical conditions that prevent weight loss are a lot more rare than most overweight people claim they are. Problem is, so many people go to the gym and exercise, then come back home and eat things they shouldn't, justifying it by the fact that they exercised.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,569,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post

Would you take such a pill?

Absolutely. I'm for anything that allows me to sit on my butt and lose weight at the same time.

Actually, the use of these pills for people who physically less mobile, like in wheelchairs or other ailments, could turn out to be a life saver. If people stuck in bed for extended periods of time could take a pill like this to trick their heart into thinking they were being active....it could be a miracle drug.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 13,562,403 times
This kind of pill sounds like it could be dangerous in the long run. It might alter metabolism in unintended ways--like causing cancer or diabetes or other metabolic diseases.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM

917 posts, read 2,049,104 times
I'd for sure take it, where can I get it? I don't care what it does to me in 20 years as I'm 58 already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness