U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,987,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Actually, the use of these pills for people who physically less mobile, like in wheelchairs or other ailments, could turn out to be a life saver. If people stuck in bed for extended periods of time could take a pill like this to trick their heart into thinking they were being active....it could be a miracle drug.
That's my thought as those with spinal cord paralyses or with ALS in wheelchairs or those 90 or 100 year olds in bed 24/7 in elderly nursing homes could possibly benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,988,662 times
Whats the name of it?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 PM

25 posts, read 143,267 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by grow taller View Post
well, you are right...i guess that not everyone can do it the same way...but i didn't refer to that scenario...i just read a comment or two from people obviously liking their own laziness so this kind of pill could help be one fo those magic nothings...
still, i am curious and have to ask - if that pill provided that kick start, how long ago was it, and was it really and only a kick start and helped you switch to something else afterwards?
I took it back in 06 for maybe 6 months if that, I excercised right along with it because it helped with my low energy level and as the months went by I lost weight and actually hit the goal weight I set with my doctor. It was wonderful and has lasted just fine, with a little bit of fluctuation. I now have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue which explains a little why I could lose the weight in the first place and some of my new medications have caused some weight gain but overall I am extremely please with my results with adipex and I am happy my doctor was willing to give me a chance that a lot of less open minded people wouldn't have suggested.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 PM

25 posts, read 143,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrochick1 View Post
I took it back in 06 for maybe 6 months if that, I excercised right along with it because it helped with my low energy level and as the months went by I lost weight and actually hit the goal weight I set with my doctor. It was wonderful and has lasted just fine, with a little bit of fluctuation. I now have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue which explains a little why I could lose the weight in the first place and some of my new medications have caused some weight gain but overall I am extremely please with my results with adipex and I am happy my doctor was willing to give me a chance that a lot of less open minded people wouldn't have suggested.
It's now been a year since my orginal quote about adipex and I am still at my goal weight. I am by no means someone that exercises everyday but it really did seem to help whatever was going on with my system that wouldn't let me lose weight all those years i kept trying.

So all in all..I vote yes for a pill like that. Sure some people are going to abuse it, but there are people that abuse everything. Helping just one person feel what society calls "normal" is such a big thing to me, I think everyone should have that chance, no matter age, weight, sex, or health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness