U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM

37 posts, read 263,455 times

Advertisements

I swear I have cured mine. Just eat the chocolaterave chocolate! Eat the nuggets and take one 400mg magnesium tab. Everyone I know who has done this it's helped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:23 PM

515 posts, read 1,149,143 times
thanks everyone!
yes I get it in my ankles and legs, usually I sleep with a pillow between my knees. It used to work but i guess now it's still finding a way through, bcuz it has stopped working.

Has anyone tried those specially molded knee pillows?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:46 PM

462 posts, read 862,803 times
I have suffered for years with RLS and my doctor gave me Potassium supplements to take. It has stopped them all together.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM

25 posts, read 143,416 times
I have restless leg syndrome plus fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, i was given mirapex and it kinda worked. First I was started on .125 mg and the feelings and jerking calmed down. Then I was bumped up to .25 mg and that made everything much much worse. It was like my body couldn't calm down and I had horrible muscle jerking. The doctor just gave me neurotin and it has taken away my sleep problems, the restless feeling and the jerking. I do have to make sure not to do a ton of exercise in one day or the restless feeling comes back and i have to take the neurontin earlier then i normally would but otherwise the feeling is GONE.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
Hi there,
I've suffered with rls for some years now and it truly was becoming unbearable. Virtually every night after dinner and inevitably in bed. HOWEVER, I believe I have cured it. I had listened to a Doctor on a talk back radio show suggesting magnesium in tablet form to combat migraine, which I suffered with occasionally so I started taking one tablet every morning. One night when my rls kicked in I started thinking that maybe the magnesium which relaxed the tension in my neck, hence leaving me without a migraine for the past 8 months, may help my rls. So I took 2 magnesium tablets and I honestly can tell you that within 20 mins the rls was gone!!! I was absolutely over joyed, told my Doctor about it and asked how I could spread the word? He suggested look for a forum and so here I am. I now take 2 magnesium and 1 Valerian (to help me sleep) about 30mins before bed and I haven't had rls since. It's now been 4 months and I'd say that's a long enough trial period for me to be able to speak with absolute conviction that my rls is under control. Your dosage may vary - I am 189cm tall and weigh 100kg. So my regime is 2 Magnesium in the morning and 2 at night with 1 valerian before bed. My suggestion to you is that when you feel the rls take 2 magnesium immediately and you should feel the relief within app. 20 minutes. Magnesium is a natural supplement found in health food shops and Chemists.
All the Best!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,334,200 times
I take sinemet (carbidopa, levadopa) for it and it works pretty well. But I've only been prescribed this for night time and I get it during the day too, in fact, sometimes it feels like it's in my whole body. Have to do things to keep busy to take my mind off it then.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:54 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,162,475 times
My wife takes medication for it and it works fine for her.As I recall she tried several samples the doctor gave her until she decided which worked best for her'

Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 PM

563 posts, read 1,221,889 times
After suffering on coast to coast airline flights, I discovered taking 2 Tylenol tablets before taking off did the trick. I get RLS when riding as a passenger in the truck for hours on end and when we stop at a rest area or gas station, I take a brisk walk, do runner's stretches and jump around like an idiot.
It never occurred to me to see a doc or take any medication because until recently, I had no idea it was even a problem other people also had. I was cursed with flat feet and had horrible "growing pains" in my legs as a preadolescent and teenager. I was always insanely active, bike riding, horseback riding, running track in highschool and hiking.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,952 times
ive had it since i was 13yrs old (a longtime). i have it in my legs and arms. it happens any time day or night. at times it is so bad i cant stand it.i have tried most things out there but the only thing that works for me is ULTRAM. it helps 80% of the time, when not working i have to use liquid Rx. it is the best thing i have found so far. would love to compare stories. does anyone know any good chats for rls? need someone who knows what im talking about and feeling,.

Last edited by annmarie16; 04-25-2009 at 04:41 PM..

Old 04-25-2009, 04:39 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,320,417 times
The worst period of rls for me is after being physically active all day and tired I sit on the couch, rest the feet on the coffee table and my Jimminy jump up legs start jumping. My son has the same problem. For both of us we get up and take a short walk. Works for us.
At night I sleep on my back, legs bent with a pillow under each knee joint.
I try to avoid meds or pills of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness