U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM

809 posts, read 2,549,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertily View Post
You are NOT supposed to be having sex unless you intend to have children. Period. End of discussion. Sex is for procreation according to the scriptures and then it is to be done hastily, in dark and with as little fanfare as possible.
If you are having sex for any reason other than to procreate, then you need to rededicate yourself to the word and experience a spiritual renewal.
If you have thoughts of intimacy at other times, then you should outline the book of Leviticus and empathise with the character traits shown therein.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAH AHA HA HA HAHAHAH AH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA

Thank you so much for a GREAT laugh today. Trying to press your religious beliefs on me is SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be very bigoted towards people. SAD!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:49 PM

926 posts, read 2,400,357 times
Can you try a female condom? Or different material of condom? Or maybe a lubricant? I use the IUD and I have no mood swings. I was slightly moody ont he patch but when I used Allesse-23 (pill) I was fine AND lost weight

Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM

349 posts, read 777,092 times
don't get the mirena! i had it and had no sex drive at all! research everything thoroughly before you make a choice.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:18 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,509,642 times
Quote:
You are NOT supposed to be having sex unless you intend to have children. Period. End of discussion. Sex is for procreation according to the scriptures and then it is to be done hastily, in dark and with as little fanfare as possible.
If you are having sex for any reason other than to procreate, then you need to rededicate yourself to the word and experience a spiritual renewal.
If you have thoughts of intimacy at other times, then you should outline the book of Leviticus and empathise with the character traits shown therein.
Joking aside. I think you have a point. People turn to sex as a distraction now days, the same way they turn to alcohol and food and gambling. Mahatma Gandhi swore off sex at age 36. Gandhi believed that sex for pleasure was sinful and that husband and wife should live together as brother and sister and only have sex for procreation.

I don't think a woman does herself any favors by having sex with a man who has not promised to be her husband.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,132,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I've been on all kinds of diff pills before I went off of them. And I NEVER felt this emotional until I had like a 6 month break and then restarted. it is driving me NUTS!!!!!
Have you ruled out other causes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Stop having sex with him until he decides he's serious about you. And then you won't have to worry about turning into a preggie peggy.
A ring on a finger doesn't mean most people are ready for children, it means they're ready to be married.

All seriousness out the window -

Quote:
I'm really not interested in fanfare and sometimes hastily in the dark serves its immediate purpose.

Quote:
Joking aside. I think you have a point. People turn to sex as a distraction now days, the same way they turn to alcohol and food and gambling. Mahatma Gandhi swore off sex at age 36. Gandhi believed that sex for pleasure was sinful and that husband and wife should live together as brother and sister and only have sex for procreation.
That's the creepiest form of birth control I've heard of. It would work for me.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Some IUDs have hormones and some do not. Of the ones that do have hormones my understanding is that the hormone effect is not as strong because it is "localized" in the uterus and therefore not travelling all around the blood stream as the OCP does. So that might be worth investigating further.

There are also depo provera injections and implanon implants but those are hormonal, however they effect everyone differently.

If those options don't appeal there's also the Nuva ring which is a small 2" ring inserted into the vagina once a month that releases a low dose of hormone. You wear it for 3 weeks and then remove it for one, this is the week you would have your period but you are covered in this time from the cumalative effect of the hormone. Again this is a "localized" hormone so may not affect you quite as badly.

AND then there's always the diaphragm to consider which doesn't have hormones at all and is an alternative barrier method of contraception to condoms.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:

I don't think a woman does herself any favors by having sex with a man who has not promised to be her husband.

thats just disgusting. I'm really tired of people trying to press their beliefs onto others. Especially religious beliefs. YOU believe WHATEVER YOU want to believe, but don't try and push it on me. Because for YOU to push it on ME is a form of JUDGEMENT because you have decided that what I believe in is WRONG, and therefore you have JUDGED me. And as much as I know about the bible, YOU are not allowed to judge me, that is only for GOD to do. So STOP judging people and QUIT trying to push your beliefs on people who think differently then you!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:07 AM

5,500 posts, read 19,509,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
thats just disgusting. I'm really tired of people trying to press their beliefs onto others. Especially religious beliefs. YOU believe WHATEVER YOU want to believe, but don't try and push it on me. Because for YOU to push it on ME is a form of JUDGEMENT because you have decided that what I believe in is WRONG, and therefore you have JUDGED me. And as much as I know about the bible, YOU are not allowed to judge me, that is only for GOD to do. So STOP judging people and QUIT trying to push your beliefs on people who think differently then you!
I was referring to Gandhi, not the bible. I'm not a religious person.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I was referring to Gandhi, not the bible. I'm not a religious person.

either way your pushing judgement on me. Just because you believe in what ghandi did doesn't mean it's necessarily RIGHT. It's just what YOU believe in and what YOU believe is right. I have different beliefs. I have different views. I don't care to hear other peoples judgements.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM

2,838 posts, read 8,843,441 times
Quote:
Read Song of Songs (in some Bibles it's Song of Solomon) in your Bible and you might reconsider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness