U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
 
809 posts, read 2,550,456 times
Reputation: 489

Advertisements

Ok, I need some other womens opinions........

I started taking birth control when I was like 18 (I'm 25 now) This past january I went off because my skin was going crazy and I wanted to make sure the BC wasn't the culprit. SO I went back on (to a diff kind, onto Seasonique) in June and about a month later I started to notice I was depressed feeling a LOT and I was crying a LOT more....... So I switched from Seasonique to Ocella (generic form of Yasmin) and while I definitely am not SAD feeling all the time like I was on seasonique, I DO notice I tend to still feel more emotional then when I'm NOT on BC.

The crazy thing is I DON'T remember being so crazy emotional from age 18- to this past Jan....... so why am I going CRAZY once I restarted????

I'm about to say SCREW BC altogether! My boyfriend has been getting on my case and telling me to be "stronger" cuz I'm always crying or upset about something. I don't want to feel like such a debbie downer anymore.......


Has anyone else ever experienced severe mood swings and depression and then QUIT Birth control and suddenly they were ok?????

My only FEAR is getting pregnant. My boyfriend and I will need some other form of contraceptive except CONDOMS because we both hate them (they hurt me)........ what else can we possibly use if I go off birth control???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
2,868 posts, read 8,446,896 times
Reputation: 1500
Get an IUD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
 
809 posts, read 2,550,456 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Get an IUD.

see but that's the SAME thing as regular birth control in that it is HORMONES which is what is causing me to be so emotional...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
5,120 posts, read 12,725,202 times
Reputation: 7221
IUD's don't have hormones--it's placed into the uterus to interrupt the embreyo from implanting, should you fertilize an egg.

Perhaps you should try the exact pill you were taking the first time--why did you change? You can have fewer periods with ANY pill, just don't take the "placebo" pills! Continue taking your active BCs for the entire 4 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:31 PM
 
7,099 posts, read 23,897,226 times
Reputation: 7248
No, not all IUDs work by having hormones. Check with your gynecologist. He may be able to suggest something else. There are also diaphragms, but if you don't like condoms, you will HATE a diaphragm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
 
809 posts, read 2,550,456 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
IUD's don't have hormones--it's placed into the uterus to interrupt the embreyo from implanting, should you fertilize an egg.

Perhaps you should try the exact pill you were taking the first time--why did you change? You can have fewer periods with ANY pill, just don't take the "placebo" pills! Continue taking your active BCs for the entire 4 months.

I've been on all kinds of diff pills before I went off of them. And I NEVER felt this emotional until I had like a 6 month break and then restarted. it is driving me NUTS!!!!!

and hmmmmmmmm........ I was under the impression IUD's just released hormones like the pill/patch. I'll have to look into that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Some place very cold
5,500 posts, read 19,516,824 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
My only FEAR is getting pregnant. My boyfriend and I will need some other form of contraceptive except CONDOMS because we both hate them (they hurt me)........ what else can we possibly use if I go off birth control???????
Get an engagement ring.

Stop having sex with him until he decides he's serious about you. And then you won't have to worry about turning into a preggie peggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM
 
2,838 posts, read 8,846,159 times
Reputation: 2857
If you're monagamous, you can do Natural Family Planning. Toni Weschler wrote a great book about it: Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's charting your basal body temperature and cervical mucus throughout your cycle and knowing when you are fertile and when you are not. When you're fertile you either need to use a barrier method (diaphragm, condom, etc) or abstain. If you ever decide you want to get pregnant, you can also use the same method to know exactly when to have sex for the best chance at getting pregnant. Don't confuse this with the rhythm method... that is totally unreliable for many women. NFP is very effective... as effective as the birth control you choose to use during fertile times, so it's nearly 100% if you choose to abstain during your fertile days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
 
809 posts, read 2,550,456 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Get an engagement ring.

Stop having sex with him until he decides he's serious about you. And then you won't have to worry about turning into a preggie peggy.

He got me a promise ring AND one of those "journey" necklaces :P This is after he broke down and apologized and said I'm the only one for him and I'm the only one that will ever make him this happy..... :P

So ya....... I've got the "Pre-engagement" ring :P


OH, and HIS a$S said that I SHOULD go off birth control and just get pregnant.......... I think he's NUTS!!!!!!!! I don't want kids yet.......... sometimes men really cease to amaze me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 PM
 
72 posts, read 206,587 times
Reputation: 85
You are NOT supposed to be having sex unless you intend to have children. Period. End of discussion. Sex is for procreation according to the scriptures and then it is to be done hastily, in dark and with as little fanfare as possible.
If you are having sex for any reason other than to procreate, then you need to rededicate yourself to the word and experience a spiritual renewal.
If you have thoughts of intimacy at other times, then you should outline the book of Leviticus and empathise with the character traits shown therein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Ok, I need some other womens opinions........

I started taking birth control when I was like 18 (I'm 25 now) This past january I went off because my skin was going crazy and I wanted to make sure the BC wasn't the culprit. SO I went back on (to a diff kind, onto Seasonique) in June and about a month later I started to notice I was depressed feeling a LOT and I was crying a LOT more....... So I switched from Seasonique to Ocella (generic form of Yasmin) and while I definitely am not SAD feeling all the time like I was on seasonique, I DO notice I tend to still feel more emotional then when I'm NOT on BC.

The crazy thing is I DON'T remember being so crazy emotional from age 18- to this past Jan....... so why am I going CRAZY once I restarted????

I'm about to say SCREW BC altogether! My boyfriend has been getting on my case and telling me to be "stronger" cuz I'm always crying or upset about something. I don't want to feel like such a debbie downer anymore.......


Has anyone else ever experienced severe mood swings and depression and then QUIT Birth control and suddenly they were ok?????

My only FEAR is getting pregnant. My boyfriend and I will need some other form of contraceptive except CONDOMS because we both hate them (they hurt me)........ what else can we possibly use if I go off birth control???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top