U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM

5,624 posts, read 9,592,865 times

Advertisements

WHAT do you do if you are near-sighted but don't need glasses for reading or closer television watching, etc.? I used to wear contacts but then I had trouble reading (was told that aging eyes don't adjust as well), they tried one eye nothing or a very low prescription and the other for near-sightedness, but that just didn't work, they tried bifocals where the bottom is no prescription (for reading, etc.) but I still find I have to take them off in my line of work.

I wonder if Lasik would be a better option? Also, I do not look good in glasses, lol - not that I look that great w/o but no glasses look good on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 PM

2,597 posts, read 7,055,628 times
I wear glasses for driving and seeing long distances, but not for reading. I have astigmatism (sp!). So, I don't have to wear them except when I'm in a car. I have prescription sunglasses for daytime--no one even KNOWS they're Rx! I have a plain pair if I drive at night.
Go to an eye-doctor and get fitted for the right lenses. Glasses cost ALOT less than Lasik!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM

5,624 posts, read 9,592,865 times
I do need them though when I'm in a store, etc. so I can see the directory signs, people at a distance, etc. It's just a pain to do something with them when I take them off - I can't tell you how many times I've almost left them at a job (I do merchandising at stores and don't wear them in there).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness