U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM

5,893 posts, read 2,478,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlness View Post
I thought your gall bladder hurt on your right side, not left. All this time the pain I have thought was my gall bladder probably isn't? If you go straight down between your breasts to the bottom of your bra, then to the right is where it hurts. What is that? Your stomach? I know I have gall stones but am a large woman with alot of other problems and they don't really want to do surgery if they don't have to.. But I don't understand this pain now. I have read so many different things now too that I am not sure what not to eat. Can someone tell me who really knows? Thanks for any help.
That's the right-upper quadrant, where the gallbladder is. Is the pain somewhat along or under the ribcage on the right side?

An ultrasound of the area or a HIDA scan can help determine if there is gallbladder distention/enlargement or stones present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
My stomach is just ripped to shreds!
I have diarreah, bloating and gas at least 2 times a week.
Occasionaly my side will hurt.....but it just seems everything I
eat causes at least one of these symptoms and sometimes all!
I even cut alcohol out of my system, dont drink at all, not a drop
for more than 18 months.......but I am still getting these symptoms.
No spicy foods, dont use alot of butter or grease.
I am having pains in my left side and sometimes both sides, have had hard time with constipation, diarrhea, passing gas, and just now wondered if my digestive ills are due to my gallstones. Am 45 yr old mother of four children 12 and under. How were your symptoms?

This has gone on for six months but I have not had gall bladder attack outright like I used to last year.

I have never used a health forum before and feel awkward being so direct.

Hope you are well and thanks for your time!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:24 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,221,750 times
Make an appointment "today" to see your doctor. With 4 kids so young you don't need to let this turn into something worse. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,057 times
I am scheduled for gallbladder removal in two weeks, I am wondering whether to cancel, not due to last minute nerves or anything like that, I have had upteen surgery in the past, many months ago I had ultrasound tests to detect gallbladder stones, since then, I have seen the consultant at the hospital, who at the time, the pain I was getting on and off , I was told, was not connected to the gallbladder. So he sent me for a CT scan to rule out any kidney problems. These results came back clear thankfully. The consultant advised me that as results were clear. The pain I was getting, was likely to be the gallbladder or possible IBS. and has scheduled me in for surgery.. I have spoken to my own doctor about this, who has advised it would be in my best interest to go ahead with surgery, due to the gallstones. To be honest, I have not had any pain for weeks, of any kind, luckily!. I am feeling a bit up in the air with the whole thing. I have tried to read up on as much information as I can. But will re-speak with my doctor. If my gallbladder need not come out, then I do not want to obviously go through surgery, even speaking with my doctor the first time round has not eased the feeling. Even on some of these medical sights, advises that many people have stones and are not treated, if causing no problems.. I am really confused to say the least.. if anyone has any advice would be appreciated.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 985 times
Dival, I'm sure you've had the removal by now. How did it go?

Asymptomatic stones do go untreated, but when they start causing pain, it'a a sign they need attention. Why did you get your first ultrasound done? Were you experiencing pain, or did they just happen to find the stones during a different test?

Gallstones is not a fun diagnosis. If you have them, you run the risk of the problems, from chronic pain to serious complications, like a stone getting lodged in the common bile duct. If you have it out, you can end up with GERD and even bile reflux.

I held out for as long as I could, until the pain and danger from the stones became greater than the problems I might experience having it out. Not the greatest way to do things. I'm seeing the doc Thursday to determine the details of when it will come out.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 726 times
hai friends,
i have gall bladder stone for 1.4cm and it seems than my gall bladder wall is thickenend to 4.4mm. I have the gastric problem which cause chest and back pain only during night time.i have stopped eating oily items,butter,ghee even not much oil in my regular food. i take plenty of water atleast 3 to 4 ltrs a day. But iam getting this gastric problem atleast weekly twice. Please give me some solutions to get ridof this gastric problem.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 PM

9,251 posts, read 5,074,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnanapriya palanisamy View Post
hai friends,
i have gall bladder stone for 1.4cm and it seems than my gall bladder wall is thickenend to 4.4mm. I have the gastric problem which cause chest and back pain only during night time.i have stopped eating oily items,butter,ghee even not much oil in my regular food. i take plenty of water atleast 3 to 4 ltrs a day. But iam getting this gastric problem atleast weekly twice. Please give me some solutions to get ridof this gastric problem.
Surgery.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 AM

16,487 posts, read 12,048,851 times
Don't wait until you have a full-blown attack to do something about it. If you have gallstones you should have surgery.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:36 AM

1 posts, read 91 times
Here is the 1st thankgiving without my mom...she was having alot of abdominal pain..i took her to emergency room and after testing they discovered gaulstones.. Since it was weekend and doctors feeling that the surgery could wait till monday so they kept her in hospital for weekend. She was in good spirits knowing she was having surgery on monday and going home tuesday..well monday never came for her...her pulse stopped on sunday and she was pronounced dead..after reading up on this perhaps her sudden death was due to a stone passing into her system.. Ashame this fell on weekend when doctors claimed it did not warrant emergency surgery..i wonder if doctors would make same decision if this was their mom.......... If such pain comes on a person insist on surgery immediately so family does not have to get the call our family did...oh how i miss my mom..

Old 11-27-2014, 05:35 AM

50,150 posts, read 42,630,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, go see a doc. You never know what is causing your symptoms. May not be gb problems, and you will know after a visit to the medical men.

I had gall bladder probs and the doctors in the UK suggested I get it removed, but I have done some (quite a few, 10-12maybe) liver flushes and a few fasts and it seems to be under control without being removed.

From what I read, gall bladder removal does not appear to stop gall stones being made in the future.
The only thing is that you do not have the gb there for them to get stuck in. However, there are many tubes in the liver that bile can build up.

It seems that people who have their gb removed have to watch their diet ever after because their body cannot process as much oil/fat as it could with a gb which used to be a resevoir of bile for the body.

Liver flushes are prety scary and the doctors will tell you how dangerous it is if the stones get stuck. It IS dangerous if the stone gets stuck after the pancreatic duct because the pancreatic enzyme will digest the pancreas if it backs up because the tube is blocked. This can cause death.

On the other hand there are plenty of people who have got stones of over an inch in size (with photos to prove it) out of their gb by using liver flushes successfully. So it is an option for anyone with gb problems. It is not for everyone of course. curezone.com has forums on just about everything.
appartently the stories about what you can and can not eat after having your GB removed are just old wive's tails. I know a lot of people including my late mom in law who could actually eat more after surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness