Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:58 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,216,284 times

Advertisements

Brief history:

Parents smoked. Always sick. Strep throat. Horrible ear infections my whole life, including swimmers and vertigo/middle ear.

Ever since I went "all natural" and stopped using antibiotics and started taking vitamin D suppliments, I have never felt better. (this of course is the last two years, I am 26 now)

I do not smoke. I use ear plugs when I swim, yet, I get ear infections EVERY month. They peak when I ovulate.

The ones lately are not the pain to the touch kind, rather vertigo. I'm dizzy and they itch itch itch. Actually, it's the one. And it pops when I move.

Doctors are bull****, do not trust them, so please no advice on that. I tried putting some breastmilk in them, since I use it alot for cuts and stuff, but it only takes the pain away temporarily, then it flares up again.

Any advice? Advice must be compatable with breastfeeding (no drugs)..........Old remedies from grandma? Personal experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,713,622 times
Here's what my doc told me. She said to make up a solution of equal parts of vinegar and rubbing alcohol. It sounds harsh but she said that they cancel each other's negative effects. To bump up the healing effects, since you get infections, you could open up a capsule of oil of oregano to put in the drops--O of O is a great natural antibiotic, fungicide, and anti-viral, and is quite powerful too. As for the itching, it could be either fungal infections, which the O of O would treat, or you may not have enough earwax. You didn't say how much you clean out your ears, but a lack of earwax will cause your ears to itch unbearably, and will set you up for more infection, so keep the Q-tips out for a while--I know it's easier said than done, b/c the little beasts are addictive!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,490,488 times
Tilt your head and put a few drops of OTC Hydrogen Peroxide and let it stay in there for a while, when the buzzing or fizzing stops, which is the h2o2 doing it's thing, tilt your head back the other way and clean up. That will clear up the infection, alternatively, squirt or drop, some Colloidal Silver in there, this will also fix infections. Thers's two more ideas for you to ponder.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,607,060 times
You should see a chiropractor. I had some terrible bouts of vertigo last year and it really made a difference. I would not put any weird drops in for the vertigo. It might actually make things worse. There is also a homeopathic drop for ears by similisan. they help me when I have an earache.(pain).
also, your ear could be hurting because you are clenching your jaws while sleeping. You might want to get checked for TMJ. A chiropractor can adjust your jaw too!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:31 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Tilt your head and put a few drops of OTC Hydrogen Peroxide and let it stay in there for a while, when the buzzing or fizzing stops, which is the h2o2 doing it's thing, tilt your head back the other way and clean up. .
Exactly what I do. I LOVE how clean my ears feel after the Hydrogen Peroxide has done it's thing. The only problem the OP might have is it could cause a problem w/ the vertigo. Sometimes the Hydrogen Peroxide can give a "stopped up" feeling that quickly goes away.

We also use to use something called "Sweet Oil". I remember it being VERY GREASY/OILY. I mean so oily and you know how "oil and water don't mix" is........ you could mix regular crisco oil w/ water easier than you could this stuff. It was in a teeny tiny bottle but I don't know if I've even seen the stuff on store shelves in YEARS!

I am going to suggest a doctor though. Since you are experiencing problems w/ vertigo you should have your blood levels checked to make sure nothing is wrong there AND get a CT scan or MRI. You need to rule out the possibilities of things like cysts and tumors. My sister has a brain tumor (MUCH smaller than it was before her first operation) and it DOES effect your vertigo. Don't let something get worse that no amount of homeopathic can cure only because you think all doctors are quacks especially if you have a little one you want to be around for. There are some very good ones out there. The other thing is since it does increase when your ovulating some tumors ARE hormone related. Get that checked out by a professional. If those come back clean then you can try all kinds of homeopathic ear remedies to find the one that works.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,717,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Tilt your head and put a few drops of OTC Hydrogen Peroxide and let it stay in there for a while, when the buzzing or fizzing stops, which is the h2o2 doing it's thing, tilt your head back the other way and clean up. That will clear up the infection, alternatively, squirt or drop, some Colloidal Silver in there, this will also fix infections. Thers's two more ideas for you to ponder.
I would be careful with that. I use homeopathic medicines, but I have heard many warnings about that, I think it is something that should be used sparingly if at all.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 PM
ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I would be careful with that. I use homeopathic medicines, but I have heard many warnings about that, I think it is something that should be used sparingly if at all.
Sorry, not sure which one you're referring to, I suspect it's CS and if so I can assure you 99.9% of what you have heard or read can be discarded in the bin. The .1% is still out for judgement but I expect in time this will be placed in the bin also. The media, via the establishment, have done a good job, I know. If it's H2O2 then this is what my olds' used when I was a kid for infections of the ear, plus other injuries. I was only talking infections though, I can't say for vertigo or anything else.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,713,622 times
I have heard that you have to be careful what kind of colloidal silver you take, b/c you can literally turn blue if you use too much of a certain kind. sorry I don't know any more than that, though I have read bios of people who did turn blue from it, and they weren't propaganda designed to discredit the holistic med movement. I believe in using natural remedies myself and only going to the doc as a last resort or when it's an emergency, so I'm not dissing anything--i just believe that the buyer should beware, b/c there're as many quacks in one group as there are in the other. That is--natural vs. AMA

Old 12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I have heard that you have to be careful what kind of colloidal silver you take, b/c you can literally turn blue if you use too much of a certain kind. sorry I don't know any more than that, though I have read bios of people who did turn blue from it, and they weren't propaganda designed to discredit the holistic med movement. I believe in using natural remedies myself and only going to the doc as a last resort or when it's an emergency, so I'm not dissing anything--i just believe that the buyer should beware, b/c there're as many quacks in one group as there are in the other. That is--natural vs. AMA
Yep, no issue with me on anything you've said there stepka, perfectly valid points, could I just say though that you will find that any information you have found will not relate to *true* CS. As I said, the media have done a real good job on it. There is only *one* kind of CS stepka, and that's silver and distilled water...and nothing else. Re-read those articles if you want and see if anything had been added, I'll wager the answer to that will be 'yes' and you are absolutely correct in keeping well away from that stuff cos it's not true CS. Make no mistake, I know there are quacksters everywhere trying to turn over quick money at the publics' expense. There's a place for both natural and mainstream in my book, they should be complimenting each other instead of fighting each other.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:29 AM

330 posts, read 1,090,848 times
tea tree oil....

go to any health food shop (they usually give great, free advice)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness