Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:03 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times

Advertisements

Heredity component with ezcema I think. Exacerbated in fall? Maybe an allergen connection that should be looked at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Heredity component with ezcema I think. Exacerbated in fall? Maybe an allergen connection that should be looked at.
Or a humidification unit to compensate for the drying air from heat.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:51 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times
Have you eliminated all dairy from his diet or just obvious sources? If you haven't already I would try eliminating all dairy, including small amounts in processed foods in both his diet and yours to see if it makes a difference. Good luck to you, I hope you can figure it out.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 AM

9 posts, read 43,821 times
I have two daughters 2 and 5 . My 5 years old had severe eczema when she was 2 - 3 now she is kind of getting over with that. W e tried everything you mentioned we have changed our floor to wood, centralized water filter system, air purifier. It was very hard to see the trouble she used to have at night while sleeping very itchy and scratchy some times bloody too.
I am a Dentist and originally form India, we have tried all kind of natural products and Homeopathy for long time. I don’t see any result with Homeo, I would say if at all, very little. We tried many natural product one can imagine from India I think nothing really helped. My daughter is 5 now, she is kind of okay she gets itchy on and off. We are in Richmond, VA, have lots of allergies related problem in this small town. We are planning to move out from here may be to west? Last year my daughter had to admit to emergencies two times due to breathing problems, last spring we gave pulmicort and some days albuterol both of my kids are on zertec everyday…. We had been to Florida for a week and kids were fine….
My little one is also getting the same problem but not as bad as older one. Any way my personal opinion Homeo doesn’t work for eczema. Is CA better for allergies??

Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 AM

193 posts, read 842,733 times
Hi my husband has had a huge patch of excema on on both his legs for 2 years. We went to the derm and got a cortizone cream that didnt do anything at all (we thought it was destined to just stay). We went to another doctor about 2 years later and she gave us a steroid cream for it and told us to put cereva cream on it. It has to be cereva, not auquafer or any other kind. We then found some emu oil which has tons of skin healing power. So here is how we have gotten rid of his excema. every morning and night its the same routine. Bath with dove fragrance free hypoallergenic soap. Then put the steroid cream on it. Next we coat it with emu oil then lather the cereva cream on there. His leg looks a million times better and this is the only thing that has helped at all. Emu oil has cured alot of excema and other skin conditions so I highly recommend it in conjuction with whatever you moisterize with. The cereva cream has been the best moisterizer we have used it really is awesome stuff. Good luck

Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Definitely have allergy testing done, don't just assume it's a "skin issue". I had the most severe eczema when I was a young child and have battled some form of it or another for 50 years. Allergy testing when I was a teen revealed a few triggers that caused the worst of it and by taking shots to desensitize my system and practicing avoidance it cleared up 90% of it. I still have contact dermatitis issues and really bad flair ups from time to time (once it effected my lips, once my eyes, and my ears are a frequent target) but mostly they are manageable with cortisone creams and antihistamines. It's a condition I have learned to live with. I feel lucky that I never suffered from asthma or breathing difficulties, just skin and sinus.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM

3 posts, read 10,571 times
I can relate to your son, I too had a severe case of "the itch" nothing helped externally, I had to make changes eternally, if your still nursing, it probably something you're eating that's affecting him.
For me, during winter/colder months, depending on where I am, I can not have, or have to reduce, eggs, chocolate, milk, and even potatoes/no fried food.

Cortisone was a joke, tea tree is too strong it burned, and the other lotions, did not cure the itch underneath the skin, I took a trip to Caribbean and discovered, antiseptic carbolic soap, you should be able to find something of the sort in your local health food store, this helped tremendously.

Oregano is excellent for skin ailments.... Ginger too, as a tea, and acid cider vinegar , teaspoon with a little honey.

If your son is nursing, than maybe you need to do a little detox of your body/blood, as it maybe your diet that's affecting him.

First step, increase your water intake, decrease your sugar.
2nd step, increase his veggie intake, decrease his dairy/sugar.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
It is very tough to control, my son was in the same situation when he was little.
As other posters have noted, if it is a dairy allergy, you need to eliminate everything that contains milk - that includes things with whey and casein listed as ingredients. Also, chances are that if he has one food allergy, he has several. We also had to eliminate bananas, chocolate, wheat and eggs before my son's skin cleared up and since I nursed him, I couldn't eat those things either.

Also, we used Arm & Hammer exclusively on his clothes, linens, etc., kept him out of the grass and off of carpeting since that caused a contact reaction and didn't let the dog lick him. He did also, unfortunately develop asthma as well. Both are under control now, but it took a long time to get there.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 AM

466 posts, read 928,229 times
I had excema as a kid and when I started taking e, a, and zinc it went away fast. It came back when I started eating bagels and milk everyday.

I'm almost positive that eczema is an allergy to food. BUT !

ten years ago I discovered when a dog licked me my skin developed a rash much like eczema.

I am sure that wheat and milk causes eczema.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:28 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Doc. View Post
Any way my personal opinion Homeo doesn’t work for eczema. Is CA better for allergies??
Any dry climate is better for eczema. That's why humidifiers are AWFUL for it (someone posted that here). Dry, warm climates are better for eczema; wet and cold climates will exacerbate it. Sun and salt water (ocean) will help clear it up as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness