Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,470 times

Advertisements

I Don't Know, but I believe it definitely,unassuredly,Might Be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
What is 'it'?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
What is 'it'?
Now that depends what is,is.........if you noticed the topic is WELLNESS. HEALTH so thats what it is.Pikantari thanks for tuning in.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Hmm. Is health or wellness all in the mind? I think it can be and may not be.

If you are sick you are sick. I have epilepsy. Is it all in my mind? Sort of. It is a Neurological Disorder. If I think I don't have it and allow myself to believe that does it work?

it actually does, until the next seizure dag nab it! lol

Can you talk yourself into feeling badly? I know I can. Maybe things are all in my head...

Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Someone I used to work with started having headaches and went to her doc a number of times, just to be told it was stress and it was 'all in her mind.' She finally went to the ER, where she died of a brain aneurism. I guess it was in her mind, just not quite the way the doc meant.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Hmm. Is health or wellness all in the mind? I think it can be and may not be.

If you are sick you are sick. I have epilepsy. Is it all in my mind? Sort of. It is a Neurological Disorder. If I think I don't have it and allow myself to believe that does it work?

it actually does, until the next seizure dag nab it! lol

Can you talk yourself into feeling badly? I know I can. Maybe things are all in my head...
boy , you have a great Spirit. I have a Family member who as a similar problem . Maybe if i said it did not start in the mind....like disease or somthing, and .it got in there some how,( if it is in the mind it is in the body) so maybe it is not all in our minds. People take medicine but there are some Good People who try to help through the mind.....how long have you had this condition?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Someone I used to work with started having headaches and went to her doc a number of times, just to be told it was stress and it was 'all in her mind.' She finally went to the ER, where she died of a brain aneurism. I guess it was in her mind, just not quite the way the doc meant.
that helps me think,what you said...thanks

Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
boy , you have a great Spirit. I have a Family member who as a similar problem . Maybe if i said it did not start in the mind....like disease or somthing, and .it got in there some how,( if it is in the mind it is in the body) so maybe it is not all in our minds. People take medicine but there are some Good People who try to help through the mind.....how long have you had this condition?
I am 35 now and I began having seizures when I was 11. So for the better part of my life.

You know, you take the medicine every day and really, you look like a normal, healthy person.

No biggie. Oh poor her, she has Epilepsy. LOL.. The thing is, you don't see it. not until you see a seizure. That is when the magnitude of the disease sets in for others. It is almost a silent disease...

I have different problems because of the epilepsy, loss of concentration, memory. Migraines... side effects of the medications. But after all of these years, it is normalcy. It is me. What are you gonna do?

I wish for my family and loved ones that I did not have it. it hurts them more to see it than it does for me to have it. thats how I feel, anyway.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I am 35 now and I began having seizures when I was 11. So for the better part of my life.

You know, you take the medicine every day and really, you look like a normal, healthy person.

No biggie. Oh poor her, she has Epilepsy. LOL.. The thing is, you don't see it. not until you see a seizure. That is when the magnitude of the disease sets in for others. It is almost a silent disease...

I have different problems because of the epilepsy, loss of concentration, memory. Migraines... side effects of the medications. But after all of these years, it is normalcy. It is me. What are you gonna do?

I wish for my family and loved ones that I did not have it. it hurts them more to see it than it does for me to have it. thats how I feel, anyway.
I hate to say much, you will not benefit from from my uninlightent rambeling, blabber........but I have experienced what happens to some when careful optimism comes to bare on a problem, it does not hurt to hope and look, and think. This I know POSITVE thoughts preceed Great Changes for the GOOD..........in my life. Problems Yes.....one guy says thats how we know we are still alive is the Problems.......don;t take anything i say negitively..Please

Old 01-03-2009, 04:53 PM

I don't, actually, I cannot make sense of what you just said, I tried and tried and I don't understand what you are saying..

My head hurts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness