Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 AM

317 posts, read 1,229,562 times

Advertisements

Ok guys. Here's a new thread for ya. Hope it will make you laugh today!

I successfully sold my home in November. Had to do it...I am currently unemployed . My realtor gave me a gift for the sale???? Guess this is standard practice. Anyhow....I guess she thought I needed "a little lift!"... , as she gave me a gift certificate to her plastic surgeon for botox and restyaline? (not sure of the spelling).

OK, so I finally went on Friday to have "it" done. AND....I look like a freak!!!!! My lips are purple (black and blue)...they just look stupid and swollen! My 10 year old son thinks I have VERY BAD CHAPPED LIPS , and keeps offering me his chapstick! LOL! The Botox was applied to my forehead. OMH, I can't frown!!!!!!!!!!

Love to hear your stories, if any!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,331 times
Hmm, if a realtor (or anyone for that matter) gave me a gift certifigate for plastic surgery, I would sell it.
Then smack them probably.
I am sorry for your horrible experience though.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 AM

331 posts, read 2,109,820 times
I don't think I could have any work done.... I don't like needles to begin with. My Dr. wants me to have surgery on my nose and "why not do it up, while we are there." (I broke it as a child, and it gives me trouble). But then since I have never had a challenge getting a date, I figured I was fine. The thought of letting someone cut on my face while I am asleep... and to wake up in so much pain that lasts and lasts... ummm PASS!

Then on the other side of things... ALL and I mean ALL of my good friends (women) have had "something" done at one point or another. And your lips should be fine shortly. As for the not frowning... I think expression helps show our personality.

And I am with Poprocksncoke... if someone gave me something like that for a gift I would "pop" them one!!! I like the way I look!!!

Now a question for the guys.... How come you all drool at the plastic double D's yet I hear you all say how you don't like fake ones?????

Old 01-08-2007, 12:29 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,837 times
I don't know the answer to that one, but all I can say is what the he!! happened to mine, I went from a c cup to a D cup, I am not prego, it is like it happend over night.

I would rather give some of mine up,I wouldn't have to pick them up, and carry all that extra weight around when I get older. Mine are the real things, no cheating here.

To me I would be happy with a b size any day. Just my thoughts. My Aunt always said to us: Some of us were blessed with the best and some of us were born with broken egg yolks, I will take the egg yolks, then you know the guy wants you for who you are and not because of your size.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:41 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
I get my eyelashes tinted and that's all I am ever going to do.
The lady who does the tinting recently got "permanent" makeup applied to her lips, and they were swollen and funny-looking for weeks and weeks.
A lot of the women around here have had "work" done, and I feel a bit envious, but even if I could afford it, I just don't think I'd ever follow through. My laugh lines are here to stay.
Surgery and anesthesia that are *necessary* are scary enough without getting cut up for other, less urgent reasons. Did anyone hear about what happened to Olivia Goldsmith, author of the First Wives Club? She died on the operating table while getting some sort of cosmetic surgery done. So sad.
Nancy I hope you'll be okay, at least you have a sense of humor about it.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,958 times
I would never have any "work" done. If you don't like me the way I am then don't look at me.
I have 2 family members, wait make that 3 that have had nose jobs. They were on the large size but not ugly. Anyways, my Great Grandad gave them that nose and I just think it is wrong to change it.
I just started seeing my birthdad after 28 years of not and the first thing I said to him was it was nice to see my nose.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:50 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
I'm not for plastic surgery in general. Those lips will calm down at some point I'm sure Nancy. Even so, when I see women with those huge puffy lips, it turns me off. It looks like they're having a food allergy and things are out of proportion. The upper lip looks better thinner anyway in my opinion. I'm not into giant boobs either. Medium works fine. Small is ok. Huge is kinda...too much.
The only person I can think of who looks fantastic AFTER plastic surgery is Greta Van Sustern. If you remember what she used to look like, her face was leathery, creased, and severely wrinkled. Her surgeon pulled her tight without taking her ears behind her head and she came out with real movement ability intact and looks natural and...great.
I've seen the before and after portrayals of those who've had plastic surgery and it amazes me sometimes how much their attitudes change and their confidence soars after procedures that....in my opinion... leave them just as unattractive or plain as they were before they spent the $20,000. It's in their heads for the most part.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 PM

317 posts, read 1,229,562 times
LOL!!!! Cil, lookingfortheperfectplace and MoMark!

MoMark you are so right! Greta looks better than she probably looked way before she even started looking leathery and all. Now she had a "good job". You know who else I think had it done...Oprah. I know, it is all that exercise and good eatin'. I donno.....she sure looks like a different person in the mags these days. Different profile.

Greta still has her infamous imperfect lopsided smile though. I have one too. There are some things I guess you can't fix................UNLESS YOU ARE MICHAEL JACKSON......NOW THERE IS A FREAK SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
LOL!!!! Cil, lookingfortheperfectplace and MoMark!

MoMark you are so right! Greta looks better than she probably looked way before she even started looking leathery and all. Now she had a "good job". You know who else I think had it done...Oprah. I know, it is all that exercise and good eatin'. I donno.....she sure looks like a different person in the mags these days. Different profile.

Greta still has her infamous imperfect lopsided smile though. I have one too. There are some things I guess you can't fix................UNLESS YOU ARE MICHAEL JACKSON......NOW THERE IS A FREAK SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah! I forgot another successful procedure I saw once not long ago... it was a woman who had not just enormous breasts, but unbelievably humongous breasts that probably weighed 25/30lbs. total. They were so big that when the surgeon was evaluating them for the pre-procedure overview, she had to use both arms and hands to hold one up for him. They sank to her thighs if loose and no bra or support system could support them. The surgeons removed 20lbs of breast tissue and raised her breasts. They were still huge, but nothing out of Ripley's by that point, plus, the poor woman was delirious with joy at being able to stand straight and not have her back hurt or her shoulders sore. That was a good example of when it works great.
I have an aunt with knockers on the humongous side and my uncle is more attached to them than she is I think.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
I'm too scared to have any of it done. Don't really need it though but I know plenty of women that have had the boob jobs, lifts and lipo done. Sad thing is mine too are the real thing and I still could give all of them a run for their money. I'm only a B-C but they are up where they belong. I've told hubby that as a 40+ year old to have them still there it is because I have always given them plenty of support. So sorry for him that they don't hang out all the time but he likes that they are like they are better than saggy. I can even flex mine. LOL!!! Both or one at a time. At a recent gathering of friends after most had left there were the 3 main of us left along w/ our husbands and we were the only 3 that have not had anything done. All of our husband agreed, they liked ours better than the fake ones.

I've had the nose done though. But not for cosmetics. Had to have something done for my deviated septum so while I was going to be there the doctor offered to fix all of it since mine had also been broken before. At first I was all for it till he told me how. Chicken dukey that I am I said no. The only thing I had him do was file down the one side of the bone on my ridge that was all bumpy and stuck out a little bit farther. If you ever want to see a grown woman drop to her knees in tears and crawl into the fetal position all you have to do is bump my nose. OUCH!!!!!!

The new thing now that I hear though is the belly button thing. After having babies it gets stretched in a different direction and is no longer perfectly round. Guess I'll just live w/ mine the way it is.

I've said it a million times and I will again. I can not wait for the day when we are all in the nursing homes and all of these "Tiffany's" and "Brittany's" with their perky chests and tattood & pierced belly buttons and backsides of tattoos are all there. It will be a sight to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness