Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:34 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,694,869 times

Advertisements

I've gone to the doctor and gave him an overview of my family history, how my grandmother died, and problems with my grandfathers. Blood work shows nothing.

I've tried a chemist bag of pills. 2 types of vitamins 2 types of mood pills. That doesn't work. I can sleep 8 hours, feel tired, sleep 13 hours feel tired, sleep 6 hours feel tired. Always flippin' tired.

My dad has the same problem and the doc said he was depressed because of his kids.

What the hell is wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 03:15 PM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Maybe it's the foods you eat?
Do you drink coffee?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM

I've been tired my entire life. I eat veggies, i do drink coffee, but its not an all the time thing. The only thing that keeps me up is coffee.

I use to eat microwavable dinners all the time, tired
Ate home made meals that include lots of protein and veggies, tired

My dad doesn't drink coffee, he hates it, and he is tired all the time.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:11 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,119,732 times
You sound like me before I got desperate and had a sleep study done. I found out I had something called non-restorative sleep and now take a prescription for it. It makes a big difference, I wake up feeling rested and don't spend my days dragging around any more. You could instead possibly have sleep apnea, a sleep study would tell you that too.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:37 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,003,556 times
It would help to know how old you are and whether you're male or female. There are conditions to which women are more prone that cause bad fatigue, such as hypothyroidism and Lupus.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM

269 posts, read 783,630 times
How about moderate exercise? Are you able to walk a mile or two each day?

The reason I'm saying is because during the summer, I can spend lots of outside walking or biking. It really helps me feel less stressed and more energetic. During the winter, when I'm spending most my time indoors, I get lazier, sleep more, etc. I'm pretty sure that could be it...

Old 01-04-2009, 06:05 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,917,755 times
Something as simple as giardiasis can cause fatigue. Tons of things other than depression could be causing it. Rule out a medical cause, and if it's nothing then start exercising every day. You'll feel a lot better.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:03 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,319,705 times
Have you ever had mono? If you have, you'd test positive for Epstein-Barr, which can cause chronic fatigue, whether you're tired or not. I had a major case when I was barely 19, then again - not nearly so bad - about 25 years later.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,158,999 times
I was about to ask that very question. How much exercise is the OP getting?
When I can walk,bicycle,garden, anything that requires moving about-I'm waaaaaaaay less tired. Now with the cold and snow and such I feel very tired and sleepy--UNLESS I go out regardless of the weather. When I do go out, I feel my energy level rising again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderaf View Post

The reason I'm saying is because during the summer, I can spend lots of outside walking or biking. It really helps me feel less stressed and more energetic. During the winter, when I'm spending most my time indoors, I get lazier, sleep more, etc. I'm pretty sure that could be it...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You sound like me before I got desperate and had a sleep study done. I found out I had something called non-restorative sleep and now take a prescription for it. It makes a big difference, I wake up feeling rested and don't spend my days dragging around any more. You could instead possibly have sleep apnea, a sleep study would tell you that too.
Will check into that. That does make sense being that a year ago i would wake up choking and gasping for air like i was being choked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It would help to know how old you are and whether you're male or female. There are conditions to which women are more prone that cause bad fatigue, such as hypothyroidism and Lupus.
I am 27 years of age and male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderaf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Something as simple as giardiasis can cause fatigue. Tons of things other than depression could be causing it. Rule out a medical cause, and if it's nothing then start exercising every day. You'll feel a lot better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I was about to ask that very question. How much exercise is the OP getting?
When I can walk,bicycle,garden, anything that requires moving about-I'm waaaaaaaay less tired. Now with the cold and snow and such I feel very tired and sleepy--UNLESS I go out regardless of the weather. When I do go out, I feel my energy level rising again.
Exercise does not work, but increase how quickly i get tired. When i was in the best shape of my life, I was still incredibly tired all the time, but i could think better

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Have you ever had mono? If you have, you'd test positive for Epstein-Barr, which can cause chronic fatigue, whether you're tired or not. I had a major case when I was barely 19, then again - not nearly so bad - about 25 years later.
I've never had mono until i met my wife. She is a carrier for strep throat and mono. Don't get it until i kiss her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness