U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 PM

53 posts, read 81,753 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,
I haven't posted on this forum in awhile. There's a number of reasons for that. I have a number of issues going on in my life and I feel like I'm reaching the breaking point. I'm not going to do anything drastic, as that is not in my nature. Plus as corny as it may sound , my military training is deeply imbedded. Adapt, improvise, overcome. I really need someone just to talk with. There are so many issues, some are of a psychiatric nature. I mention this only because some people may be taken aback by it. The bottom line is I wouldn't hurt a flea, but I know that some people are uncomfortable with these issues, so I'm being up front. I don't want to mislead anyone. So if you've got some time. a shoulder to cry on and are not scared off by those who don't walk the straight and narrow, I would love to chat. That's all, just chat. I'm not a stalker. I'm a married guy who needs someone with which to converse. If you can handle it thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
RHB

1,096 posts, read 1,831,339 times
you can chat with us here...figured that's why God gave us 2 ears........

He also gave us 10 figures, so we can learn to type fast

Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 AM

8 posts, read 15,529 times
Ill be your friend! Im married to a military guy, so i may understand. And im not all too worried about psychiatrc issues, arent we all a little borderline anyway? Anyhoo, here if you need me!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 5,726,154 times
Welcome back! Sit a spell.. take your shoes off...

Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 AM

3,231 posts, read 6,541,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanashunkaha View Post
Hi Folks,
I haven't posted on this forum in awhile. There's a number of reasons for that. I have a number of issues going on in my life and I feel like I'm reaching the breaking point. I'm not going to do anything drastic, as that is not in my nature. Plus as corny as it may sound , my military training is deeply imbedded. Adapt, improvise, overcome. I really need someone just to talk with. There are so many issues, some are of a psychiatric nature. I mention this only because some people may be taken aback by it. The bottom line is I wouldn't hurt a flea, but I know that some people are uncomfortable with these issues, so I'm being up front. I don't want to mislead anyone. So if you've got some time. a shoulder to cry on and are not scared off by those who don't walk the straight and narrow, I would love to chat. That's all, just chat. I'm not a stalker. I'm a married guy who needs someone with which to converse. If you can handle it thanks in advance.
If you search the other CD forums, you'll find a chat forums, grief & recovery forums, as well as many other topics where this type of help would be available.
Best of luck to you.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 AM

65,151 posts, read 16,023,404 times
I think you should go here since you are in the military,the chat forum is not going to help you much in dealing with military issues
http://www.city-data.com/forum/military-life-issues/

Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 AM

29,723 posts, read 47,495,927 times
I am the chaplain in my local VFW post, I see many vets with 'issues' in the VFW post.

Wherever you are how about walking into your closest VFW post?

You may find a group of buddies, who have similar experiences and issues.

They may not have experience walking in your exact shoes, but it is very much likely that their shoes are very much similar to your shoes.

May God bless you.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,849,851 times
Talk away. Looks like the above posters and myself are here for you.
Feel free to send a DM too in case some of us don't check this forum everyday.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,513,009 times
Hang in there. A lot of us are going through hard times. You are not alone.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,154,964 times
There isn't a lot I haven't seen, heard of, or been in the middle of. And I've been in that place when you want more than anything else to have someone, anyone, you can call and talk to. But you feel like there's no one because there are things you just can't talk about. Most of the people on this forum are amazing, accepting people who don't judge. I'm not sure this is the place to find help, but I do know that just participating will make you feel better. You only have to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Jump in on something you have a comment on and laugh your butt off at the teasing and sarcasm and you'll find that you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness