Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 AM

273 posts, read 562,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlank26 View Post
Thank you, as reassuring as it is, I still have to deal with symptoms day to day, fatigue, visual issues, random onset headaches, etc. Mine also told me it was nothing to be concerned about however I don't want to live with these symptoms. My neurologist told me to come back in 6 months to see if it's grown...and thats all...

Not sure how far you are from Raleigh area but if you are close enough to travel you may want to look into having your MRI read by Dr. Takanori Fukushima. I went to him for a second opinion(he is a world renowned Neurosurgeon). He has removed quite a few of them and should be able to let you know if it is causing your symptoms and if it should be removed.

If you are closer to LA i would say get an appointment with Dr. Shahinian at the Skull Base Institute out there. I have heard wonderful things about him as well. From all my research those two Dr's are the tops when it comes to these types of cysts and the few that can actually remove them with outstanding success.

Last edited by jbny2076; 08-01-2011 at 09:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,810 times
Hi all,
my 2yr old has just been diagnosed with a 1cm pineal gland cyst. Im a nurse trying to obtain info with scientific basis.
For those of you seeking same, can i just say stay away from data on general websites-go to medical journals only as the info on some sites can be inaccurate and cause unnecessary worry.
The primary concern appears to be hyrocephalus and blurred vision or headaches. Its estimated that 23% of healthy adults have pineal gland cysts-they are cysts not tumours (some sites say 1.5-4%). Differential diagnosis can only be made by having a contrast mri.
If ,like i have saw on posts you are symptomatic maybe surgery to have it removed may be an option-i dont know enough about this to discuss further but there are some useful posts out there.
Getting such news is initially worrying but there is plenty of valid empirical data online that should be useful.
My child is having her contrast mri in 6mths and dr is not overly concerned. He has stated that providing this scan is ok ie cyst not having grown /tissue appearing smooth etc indicating benign then no further intervention or monitoring will be required.
Easy for him to say-as the mom im going to suggest it should be monitored yearly as changes in the cyst can occur during puberty etc.
good health to all.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,754 times
Hi all, my name is Jen, 2 years ago I started getting violent headaches with nausea and vertigo. I went to the ER because the pain was so bad. They did an MRI that measured 1.6 cm and referred me to a neurologist, wbo since has had me try every migraine medicine, that never helped, physical therepy, which also didn't help. I was in a car accident this past May and hit my head so a CT scan and MRI were done. This cyst now measures at 1.9 x 1.8 x 1.6 cm. This is a large cyst. I went and saw a neurosurgeon who also doesnt think the cyst is causing the symptoms. I have done so much research on pineal cysts, and oddly everyone who has a large cyst has the exact same symptoms. And the physicians treat you like you are crazy, it is extremely frustrating. I am a nurse and know that this cyst is the cause, I have all kinds of tests, tried different meds and nothing helps. I saw a pain managent Doctor today who gave me painful injections at the base of my skull in the occipital region. He even said he isn't convinced that the cyst aren't causing the symptoms. My sleep pattern is all screwed up, I go through terrible bouts of nausea, my memory is effected and my vision has gotten very blurry.
Are you experiencing any of these things?
Jen

Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,216 times
Default Pineal Cyst

Hello Everyone,

I was told I had this during a CT scan at Kaiser 2weeks ago my symptons were dizzy spells, nausea, severe headaches along with a burning sensation, pulsation in my brain and exhaustion. Reading all of your postings confirms these must all be related to this. Today I did my MRI with Contrast. I will also be seeing a holistic doctor soon! Prayer and Meditaion are what keep me strong! This thursday I see my neurologist for results. Good Luck to all of you ladies! God Bless!

Old 06-21-2013, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,180 times
TO ANYONE INTERESTED
i was diagnosied years ago( i am now 46) and i have had many mri's and i keep getting told there is no change in my pineal cyst .. the only thing i have noticed is the older i get it seems like i have really bad insomnia which at times i do have to take med. to help me sleep other than that i can not even tell i have it ...

Old 07-23-2014, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,722 times
CHorgeshimer

DClark1389. Read your blog.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,524 times
I just had a mri done due to years of hand tremors getting worse and also a bit of tingling and numbness in my arms and hands. Looks like the neurologist said I have a cyst on the pineal gland in the brain. He told me to come back to get another mri in 4-6 months, and not to worry. Yeah right I am a single mom, been having headaches constantly for a few years, plus the hand tremors, constant sleep problems been on so many prescribed medications such as Sequel and now Trazedone,. Very tired during the days..I am wondering if I should go get a second opinion please. I feel like I should.

Thanks
Worried in New Hampshire

Old 12-18-2014, 09:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darci sturgeon View Post

Thanks
Worried in New Hampshire
It's so tuff to not worry, isn't it?
Like when you first feel a lump somewhere!

But, breathe and like getting a snake bite...you just have to be calm or
it could get worse....at least, it's not helping!
Worry, which is stress, is so bad for every chemical and system of the body.
Try...
hug...

Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
Hi,
Im from Denmark. Im diagnosed in oktober 2015 with pineal cyst. The cyst i 1,5 cm. My neurologist just told me to live with it! Easyer to say than do. In going to a mri again in october 2016. I have a lot og headaches and exhaustion. My migraine is diffrent from normale migraines. I can have attacks 50 times a day. So painfull that I cant explain it, but only for 1 minutter each time.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 981 times
Hi i have experienced some symptoms also every now an then my vision goes, numbness in my left arm , dull headache constantly and some shark pains in the back of my head , lack of concentration, very tired even after a fl nights sleep , feeling sick , dizzy , forgetting things and not being able to take things in when somebody explains something ,and passing out and not being able to remember , i was sent to hospital by my go and while at hospital i had a funny turn eyes rolled to back of my head and i was out of it , they rushed me for a ct scan thinking i had a bleed on my brain but that was clear , but they found a pineal cyst 1cm x 1.5 cm , i looked on the internet and these are the symptoms that i have , im terrified as i dont no what’s happening and its been 2 weeks an still no mri appointment x
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness