Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Life need not be so complicated.

I'm making pasta with veggies and cream sauce. Pitt is bringing the wine. Come join us!

Party over here!
And i'll bring the Green Tea .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:08 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,203 times
Quote:
Life need not be so complicated.

I'm making pasta with veggies and cream sauce. Pitt is bringing the wine. Come join us!

Party over here!

Oh but it is :-) I don't like pasta or any starchy carbs (not only because they are not good for me but because I don't think they taste good) but if we are talking King Crab Legs, and steak (organic certified humane grass fed beef). Plus a head of organic brocolli I am ready to go.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Oh but it is :-) I don't like pasta or any starchy carbs (not only because they are not good for me but because I don't think they taste good) but if we are talking King Crab Legs, and steak (organic certified humane grass fed beef). Plus a head of organic brocolli I am ready to go.
Sorry, but no, I do not have that kind of budget!

I'm making pasta with veggies and cream sauce. Pitt is bringing wine.

If you don't want to eat carbs, why don't you bring the salad!!!

6'3" -- can I talk you into bringing Green Tea ice-cream instead? Or you can make a tofu desert?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:

6'3" -- can I talk you into bringing Green Tea ice-cream instead? Or you can make a tofu desert?
WOW....i didn't even know they made Green Tea ice cream ....Woof .

Old 01-31-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but no, I do not have that kind of budget!

I'm making pasta with veggies and cream sauce. Pitt is bringing wine.

If you don't want to eat carbs, why don't you bring the salad!!!

I will bring the crab legs then.

Green Tea Ice cream is good. You can get it any sushi place. Red Bean is delicious too. Now that is what I really call GOOOOD CARBS!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I will bring the crab legs then.

Green Tea Ice cream is good. You can get it any sushi place. Red Bean is delicious too. Now that is what I really call GOOOOD CARBS!
Yeap the crab legs sound great as i love meat and i admit i have to watch the carbs so just a tad of green tea ice cream .

Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Yeap the crab legs sound great as i love meat and i admit i have to watch the carbs so just a tad of green tea ice cream .
I usually eat between 30-50 carbs a day. I love the way I feel on very little carbs but damn I hate having a sweet tooth. The only carbs I miss are choc chip cookies, ice cream and chocolate.

King Crab Legs, some Dungeoness Crab and a huge plate of steamed clams/mussels with butter & garlic sauce..heaven!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I usually eat between 30-50 carbs a day. I love the way I feel on very little carbs
CCH.....are you in Ketosis (fat for energy) at that range of carbs you consume or do you still use glucose as fuel.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
CCH.....are you in Ketosis (fat for energy) at that range of carbs you consume or do you still use glucose as fuel.
I am def in ketosis. Considering I never eat grains its hard not to be in ketosis. I eat only meat/vegetables and very select fruit. It feels awesome to be in ketosis I think in part because grains/carbs just made me bloated. I remember when I would bulk to put on muscle I would always get bloated in my stomach first to the point I looked pregnant..disgusting! As soon as I cut out carbs/grains I had my six pack back within a few weeks and lost even more BF% in the weeks to come. Thats how I knew I was not a "carb type".

Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I am def in ketosis. Considering I never eat grains its hard not to be in ketosis. I eat only meat/vegetables and very select fruit. It feels awesome to be in ketosis I think in part because grains/carbs just made me bloated. I remember when I would bulk to put on muscle I would always get bloated in my stomach first to the point I looked pregnant..disgusting! As soon as I cut out carbs/grains I had my six pack back within a few weeks and lost even more BF% in the weeks to come. Thats how I knew I was not a "carb type".
CCH.......how long did it take you to actually convert to fat use from carbs as when i experimented back in june 08 of eating only beef/fish/eggs to try to get into ketosis and after 5 days i just wanted to sit in the corner and sleep as my energy levels were low so i went back to eating carbs. Maybe i should have given it more time?

Thanks dude !!
6/3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness