Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM

307 posts, read 1,177,592 times

Advertisements

Early in the week I started off with semi-sore throat, then a light cough (lasted about a day and a half), now it's moving up into my nose and head (appears to have left my throat and lungs). This seems to be how most of my colds work out. Is this typical or mean anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,835,186 times
I'm no doctor but to me what you are describing is perfectly normal. When I get sick I start with a headache and sore throat, then it may go to my ears, then the coughing/losing voice are last. I think it is just your body's process of getting rid of the cold/sinus infection/whatever it is. Sounds healthier than symptoms just sitting in the same place for a long time. That would hurt you more. Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:54 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,216,284 times
From what I understand, the flu usually comes on FAST, a cold is slow????

I take vitamin D if I feel a cold coming on and it's gone withing hours! My family all do the same thing.

Research taking 50000IU of vitamin D during a cold or a flu. You take it once day for three days.

You can't overdose if you take it for only three days. From personal experience, my families experience and my doctor's recommendations, this is the BEST way to curb/eliminate your symptoms within a day!!!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:33 PM

398 posts, read 815,557 times
Had a Dr tell me recently that a cold or flu virus moves around. First one complaint and then another, much as you described. He said if it does not move around, it can be bacterial and then you might well consider going to a doctor.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:49 PM

2,606 posts, read 2,683,036 times
Just came across this question on google. I am getting this moving around cold for weeks. First it was strep throat with 102 degree fever. I took 3 days off work and got antibiotics from doctor. By the 5the day I saw the strep disappear but was stuck with dry cough. I figure I will take dry cough over strep throat any day. Finished up my antibiotics, stopped Tylenol & took Theraflu for the weekend. Well that dry cough lasted another 4 days mostly congestion in chest area and I switched to Robitussin. Few days on Robitussin and I felt super dry uncomfortable dry so I switched to MuchenX. Now I don't have cheat congestion instead I have sinus pressure, headache.... All the fun stuff around nose.

I don't know if these change in symptoms are due to changing medication or its normal to move around

Old 11-03-2015, 06:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,205,387 times
Good grief.

Here's what's happened -

A cough can last for WEEKS. Yes, weeks. Its the absolute last symptom to go, you can still be coughing well after you feel well again.

Your sinus headache is likely caused by the OTC stuff you took.

The aim of that stuff is to dry up the sinus. And it does. But the trouble is that dried up snot sticks hard inside your nose, gets backed up by more snot that cant run free, and before you know it your sinuses are full of backed up snot caused by dried out sinues caused by OTC meds.

You should only ever use a OTC med at night if you have trouble sleeping. Otherwise, let the green run free.

It is natures way of draining out your lymph nodes. OTCs block em up >>>sinus infection.

So essentially, a viral illness should be treated sparsely. Pain relief and lots of fluid.

Your doctor was right to prescribe antibiotics, as you had strep but

You had strep because your immune system was challenged

antibiotics also wipe out your immune system

Then you added OTCs which blocked your sinuses leading to a secondary infection bc

your body is still weak from fighting the first.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:03 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,926,006 times
Yes..symptoms can "move around"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness