U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you know your blood type?
YES 124 81.05%
NO 29 18.95%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,983,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Yes, even if the parent is AA and other is oo, 100% of offspring would be type A, because A is dominant and o is recessive.
the box would be

__________A_____________A

o_________Ao____________Ao

o_________Ao____________Ao

All offspings are Ao, meaning they are just like LadyRobyn, they are type A but with the recessive gene. The problem is that the A overpowers the O.

In your case it would be:

___________A_____________A
A__________AA____________AA

o__________Ao____________Ao

So here we have 50% type A with recessive gene(heterogeneouse), and 50% type A (homogeneouse)

LOL, i got it now.

So let me throw this at you and tell me if i'm right? I'm type O and my mom is type O but we believe my dad is type A and if that's true he'd have to be an Ao because if he was AA then i'd been a type A instead of type O correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,741,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
LOL, i got it now.

So let me throw this at you and tell me if i'm right? I'm type O and my mom is type O but we believe my dad is type A and if that's true he'd have to be an Ao because if he was AA then i'd been a type A instead of type O correct?
Ok, now you are getting to be an expert.
Yes, if you are O, then your father if he was A, he could only be Ao.
If B, only Bo.
As long as you are sure that you and your mother is O.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 PM

84,980 posts, read 98,832,039 times
OK, here's my interesting family:

I am type A

DH is B

DD #1 is AB (She inherited an A from me, and a B from DH)

DD#2 is O (She inherited an O from me and an O from DH)

4 people, 4 different blood types. I am neg, the rest of them are +, but obviously the DDs have a neg and a pos gene (expressed as +).

We also could have had a child that was A or B.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 AM

68 posts, read 102,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhnegative View Post
I am rrh-. My great grandfather was from France, of Basque ancestry. His third daughter, my grandmother, had only one living child - my mother, then 13 miscarriages. My mother inherited her fathers rh+ bloodtype (-,+). I am my mother's third daughter and out of four girls, I am the only one who is rrh-. My other three sister have rh+. Our father is B+ (++). At the age of 2 years old, before the discovery of rhogam, my body developed an allergic reaction to my own bloodtype. My throat swelled close in just two days. Fortunately there was someone who knew how to do a field treacheotomy just in the nick of time and brought me out of a clinical death. I recieved the new serum shot right afterwards, and it worked to calm that war between body and bloodtype.
Having this rh- bloodtype, in the total absence of any protiens that surround the redblood cells of the rh+ bloodtype, I have been a target for any ailment that is in our ancestry. My oldest son has health problems, my second son died at 3 months from what is called SIDS (actually this traumatic bloodtype mixture). My third son is colorblind, mainly in the pastels. An underlying depression syndrom runs through this rh- bloodtype, per the absence of Proteins. There is a higher level of "intuitiveness" that accompanies this rh- bloodtype, that in it's self can scare the daylights out of ya.
Being a universal donor is a wonderful thing, but it still leaves the actual rh-, especially the 0rh- person with a struggle in life.
I would like to challange the Science world to do more research and study into the rh- bloodtype to find a way to ease the medical difficulties that comes with it.

I am O Rh neg, with a French grandfather though I live in England not the US.

I have always known my blood type, I was born in 1954, my mother had an Rh neg blood group (found during standard pregnancy testing), so my father was called in to have his blood typed - he was O Rh neg - so no problem for any of her 4 pregnancies or children. We (the children) all had our blood types done at birth. Obviously we all have Rh neg blood types. I understand 2 negs can't have a pos child, but 2 pos can have a neg child - I could be wrong though.

When I had my own children - my husband is a Rh pos blood group - I had to have anti D injections - (Rhogam) to prevent any problems in future pregnancies. My children had their blood groups determined by blood taken from the umbilical cord after the birth.

My children are not all Rh neg blood groups and those that are have no health issues, neither do I or any of my 3 siblings (all Rh neg groups).

I understand some of the issues surrounding "rhesus babies", but they come from an Rh neg mother having had an Rh pos child. Some of the baby's blood cells entering the mother's blood during pregnancy, cause antibodies to built up that could affect future pregnancies by destroying the red blood cells of the next baby.

Untreated babies could be anaemic or brain damaged or die before birth.

But I have never heard of an Rh pos mother producing an Rh neg child that has any problems.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieb View Post
I am O Rh neg, with a French grandfather though I live in England not the US.

I have always known my blood type, I was born in 1954, my mother had an Rh neg blood group (found during standard pregnancy testing), so my father was called in to have his blood typed - he was O Rh neg - so no problem for any of her 4 pregnancies or children. We (the children) all had our blood types done at birth. Obviously we all have Rh neg blood types. I understand 2 negs can't have a pos child, but 2 pos can have a neg child - I could be wrong though.

When I had my own children - my husband is a Rh pos blood group - I had to have anti D injections - (Rhogam) to prevent any problems in future pregnancies. My children had their blood groups determined by blood taken from the umbilical cord after the birth.

My children are not all Rh neg blood groups and those that are have no health issues, neither do I or any of my 3 siblings (all Rh neg groups).

I understand some of the issues surrounding "rhesus babies", but they come from an Rh neg mother having had an Rh pos child. Some of the baby's blood cells entering the mother's blood during pregnancy, cause antibodies to built up that could affect future pregnancies by destroying the red blood cells of the next baby.

Untreated babies could be anaemic or brain damaged or die before birth.

But I have never heard of an Rh pos mother producing an Rh neg child that has any problems.
Rh- or + is not a disease.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Rh- or + is not a disease.
No, but an Rh neg mother can have the problems the PP described. And yes, Rh pos. parents can have Rh neg kids, depending on their genetic makeup.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, but an Rh neg mother can have the problems the PP described. And yes, Rh pos. parents can have Rh neg kids, depending on their genetic makeup.
Yes but I am talking about Rhnegative post, that state that she had a disease because of her Rh negative.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Yes but I am talking about Rhnegative post, that state that she had a disease because of her Rh negative.
This is all she said about "disease" in her post that you quoted:

I had to have anti D injections - (Rhogam) to prevent any problems in future pregnancies

This is factually correct.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,983,245 times
Quote:
Ok, now you are getting to be an expert.
Yes, if you are O, then your father if he was A, he could only be Ao.
If B, only Bo.
As long as you are sure that you and your mother is O.
Thanks again Cjma as i learned alot about Blood type genetics !!!

6/3

Old 05-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This is all she said about "disease" in her post that you quoted:

I had to have anti D injections - (Rhogam) to prevent any problems in future pregnancies

This is factually correct.
Ok, this is what I mean...
"At the age of 2 years old, before the discovery of rhogam, my body developed an allergic reaction to my own bloodtype."
She doesn't have an allergic reaction to her own blood, she is talking about Rh Disease(Rhesus disease), that is her blood (antibodies) attacking her fetus blood and not her own. And I dont think she was pregnant at 2 YO.

"My throat swelled close in just two days."
??? This is an allergic reaction to something else and not Rh Disease.

"I recieved the new serum shot right afterwards, and it worked to calm that war between body and bloodtype."
I have no idea what she is talking about. She thinks that Rh - is a disease, that attacks her. When having Rh- is 100% natural.

"Having this rh- bloodtype, in the total absence of any protiens that surround the redblood cells of the rh+ bloodtype, I have been a target for any ailment that is in our ancestry."
Again, what is she talking about...
She can't have blood cell that are Rh+ and at the same time Rh-.

"My oldest son has health problems, my second son died at 3 months from what is called SIDS (actually this traumatic bloodtype mixture)."
Again and again, nothing that she is saying is real.
Rh Disease is only on mothers to fetus disease nothing to do with male.
And is she had Rh Disease with her son, this would not cause SIDS, if the baby is born then the baby is out of danger from Rh Disease.

"My third son is colorblind, mainly in the pastels."
Color blind is mostly genetic, nothing to do with blood type.
Also color blind comes in 3 forms.
total color blind(all colors)
Red-Green color Blind
blue-yellow color blind and not pastels.

"An underlying depression syndrom runs through this rh- bloodtype, per the absence of Proteins."
I have no idea what she is talking about.
but again, is not true.

"There is a higher level of "intuitiveness" that accompanies this rh- bloodtype, that in it's self can scare the daylights out of ya."
Again, false

"but it still leaves the actual rh-, especially the 0rh- person with a struggle in life."

People with Rh- don't have any struggle.

"I would like to challange the Science world to do more research and study into the rh- bloodtype to find a way to ease the medical difficulties that comes with it."
Nothing to research is normal, there is nothing bad with Rh-. Why should we do research on something that is normal, that is like saying I have to study why people have 2 arms because is a disease.

So everything that the poster said is 100% false.
Nothing is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness