U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,961,295 times
Reputation: 4690

Advertisements

may as well pour it in your ear or down the drain

Look, my daughter is a doctor specializing in the ear.........she LOL at the whole idea. Don't get your hopes up.....ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Ok,I finally bought cinnamon. So equal parts could be a tablespoon of each? how about putting the mixture in water or spread the mixture on the piece of bread? Has anyone tried it yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: California
65,142 posts, read 16,021,406 times
Reputation: 40113
Hey Tas,I hope someone will see this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
 
Location: California
65,142 posts, read 16,021,406 times
Reputation: 40113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
may as well pour it in your ear or down the drain

Look, my daughter is a doctor specializing in the ear.........she LOL at the whole idea. Don't get your hopes up.....ok?
Oh,let us know what she says! we need a doctor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,961,295 times
Reputation: 4690
She(the doctor) has tinnitus too!!! In some cases an implant has been used, but she said all it really does is mask some of the sounds. I use a sound machine and or a fan to sleep. She always leaves her tv on for sound at night, as do I.
She said nothing can be done,rightnow, to correct or reverse the cause of Tinnitus. One has to get to the point they can accept it and learn to deal with it in their own way.
Even if a person that has tinnitus were to go deaf, they would still hear the tinnitus noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Oh,let us know what she says! we need a doctor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Mayberry
31,572 posts, read 12,707,494 times
Reputation: 68359
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
She(the doctor) has tinnitus too!!! In some cases an implant has been used, but she said all it really does is mask some of the sounds. I use a sound machine and or a fan to sleep. She always leaves her tv on for sound at night, as do I.
She said nothing can be done,rightnow, to correct or reverse the cause of Tinnitus. One has to get to the point they can accept it and learn to deal with it in their own way.
Even if a person that has tinnitus were to go deaf, they would still hear the tinnitus noise
I remember you saying this Dream, and I remember wishing that I could give up part of my hearing just to have the ringing go away I know that won't happen. We need to vent about it, it helps me to know that I am not the only one who feels crazy. I am just grateful for the "I don't want to kill myself" days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Status: "Im Tal der donnerden Hufe...." (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,342 posts, read 2,964,389 times
Reputation: 2883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
The ringing seems more pronounced after driving a vehicle for me also, I've put this down to the air 'pressure' in the vehicle while travelling as causing this, I've found no studies available so I can't research this aspect. .
I've noticed this as well. I've had this condition for about 15 years and hate long car rides. It's likely the pressure in the car as you say and also the noise off the windshield depending on make/model of car and weather conditions as you drive. When I've made long car trips the ringing is particulary bad trying to get to sleep at night and I'm certain this is the reason why.

I never listen to the radio in the car when I'm traveling outside the city (above 40mph) as one typically has to turn up the volume to hear the music due to increased noise of the wind. I know from past experience listening to louder music in an enclosed area is the exact thing my ears don't need so I drive around without listening to music. Most people would consider that boring but I have no other choice in an attempt to protect my fading hearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
ino
 
Location: Way beyond the black stump.
680 posts, read 2,130,623 times
Reputation: 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
It's likely the pressure in the car as you say and also the noise off the windshield depending on make/model of car and weather conditions as you drive. When I've made long car trips the ringing is particulary bad trying to get to sleep at night.
I've just read, and re-read what you said here and suddenly a thought came to me...it's probably just that the road noise has drowned out the ringing, and after we stop travelling the ringing re-appears and unfortunately appears louder. You know badger, the more I think about that the more it makes sense to me, and usually by the time I go to bed it seems to be particularly bad, exactly as you say.

I still sort of wonder though if 'pressure' may have an influence, especially if all the windows in the vehicle are wound up...I wonder if there is a combination of things going on?

I find it especially annoying when some p i d d l y little noise nearby makes me jump with a start when years ago I would have just simply ignored it, I feel like an idiot when people ask me what I jumped at but it sounds like someone just banged on an empty 44 gallon drum. Crazy isn't it? Can't hear some things, and yet other times I nearly wet my strides! Good grief, I'm in a club of lunatics! At least if we decide to take up a life of crime we can use our 'ailment' as a excuse, similar to alcohol or dope etc, "it was my ear ringing that made me do it judge", and get let off with just a smack on our fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 PM
 
Location: California
65,142 posts, read 16,021,406 times
Reputation: 40113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
She(the doctor) has tinnitus too!!! In some cases an implant has been used, but she said all it really does is mask some of the sounds. I use a sound machine and or a fan to sleep. She always leaves her tv on for sound at night, as do I.
She said nothing can be done,rightnow, to correct or reverse the cause of Tinnitus. One has to get to the point they can accept it and learn to deal with it in their own way.
Even if a person that has tinnitus were to go deaf, they would still hear the tinnitus noise
Maybe I will ask an accupuncturist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,416 posts, read 29,533,607 times
Reputation: 29917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
I find it especially annoying when some p i d d l y little noise nearby makes me jump with a start when years ago I would have just simply ignored it, I feel like an idiot when people ask me what I jumped at but it sounds like someone just banged on an empty 44 gallon drum. Crazy isn't it? Can't hear some things, and yet other times I nearly wet my strides! Good grief, I'm in a club of lunatics! At least if we decide to take up a life of crime we can use our 'ailment' as a excuse, similar to alcohol or dope etc, "it was my ear ringing that made me do it judge", and get let off with just a smack on our fingers.
I know exactly what you're talking about! It amazes my husband the sounds that irritate me when I can hardly hear out of my left ear. Loud noises really hurt my ear, but most of the time I don't think about roaring sound, I am learning to live with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Capital Region - NY
52 posts, read 225,879 times
Reputation: 56
In some cases tinnitus is a symptom of certain thyroid conditions, such as Hashimoto's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top