Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 PM

36,363 posts, read 15,964,342 times

Advertisements

Mine has been about 2-3 years. I do get full/clogged feeling and get the whap, whap, road noise while driving. But mostly it is a high pitched ring. I am the opposite of I Love North Carolina as I would give up more hearing if the ringing would go away! Although, I am saying huh? what? a lot more especially in crowded rooms sitting across from someone. I wonder if people notice how much I can't hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,138,455 times
When my kids were little I didn't want to get into the habit of saying "what" so I say "I didn't hear you". I usually ask one of them what somebody says on TV if I didn't hear it when the sound is down. Don't know what I will do when I am an empty nester.

Today when I was in the big town 3 ambulances went by me at different areas blaring their sirens. That just about kills my ears and head! Have had a headache all evening since coming back to the county. Sweepers running for a long time bothers me also.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 AM

23,000 posts, read 34,301,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
When my kids were little I didn't want to get into the habit of saying "what" so I say "I didn't hear you". I usually ask one of them what somebody says on TV if I didn't hear it when the sound is down. Don't know what I will do when I am an empty nester.

Today when I was in the big town 3 ambulances went by me at different areas blaring their sirens. That just about kills my ears and head! Have had a headache all evening since coming back to the county. Sweepers running for a long time bothers me also.
Loud noises really hurt my ear.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM

72,347 posts, read 18,165,531 times
I have been taking Lipo-Flavonoid which was suggested by I Love North Carolina,then I am taking them with Ginko Biloba together,2 each in the morning and at night. This is my second week,the noise seems to have gone quieter,I am even starting to meditate.I used to meditate all the time. I haven't done it since it got louder.

Try it,see if would help you. let us know.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 AM

19,375 posts, read 9,438,011 times
Has anyone in here tried that "Quiet-us" and does it work for you?
I've seen some blogs and all that said it was a rip-off. Just wondering.
People at work have heard that commercial and then think it's a cure-all.
Of course they don't have it. I don't even go around complaining about it but there's times when the sound day in, day out (even tho I try not to think about it. yeah, that works well) but after awhile it just gives ya a
major headache. So, I take an aspirin.

I've got Ginko Biloba at home but am looking for the Lipo-flavonoid [as suggested by VillageLife via I Love North Carolina.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I've got Ginko Biloba at home but am looking for the Lipo-flavonoid [as suggested by VillageLife via I Love North Carolina.
You can get it at Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM

675 posts, read 2,679,220 times
My tinnitus sounds like a very high pitched dental drill that is in my brain. It started in July. It does vary in intensity. Do most people have good and bad days? Mine seems to change by the hour. Sometimes barely noticible, other times crazy loud. I am just so afraid of living the rest of my life this way. Seems so unfair.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,130,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
My tinnitus sounds like a very high pitched dental drill that is in my brain. It started in July. It does vary in intensity. Do most people have good and bad days? Mine seems to change by the hour. Sometimes barely noticible, other times crazy loud. I am just so afraid of living the rest of my life this way. Seems so unfair.
the tones I experience change from high pitched to low but are always there. I notice them more if it's really quiet or if I take aspirin. I make a point of not being in really quiet surroundings.
I won't say I'll ever truly get used to the sounds but I've had them over 20 years now so I don't recall what it was like to not have them.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
the tones I experience change from high pitched to low but are always there. I notice them more if it's really quiet or if I take aspirin. I make a point of not being in really quiet surroundings.
I won't say I'll ever truly get used to the sounds but I've had them over 20 years now so I don't recall what it was like to not have them.
It's the same for me too. The pitch goes up and down too. I've had mine about two years and hardly think of it most of the time.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:07 PM

675 posts, read 2,679,220 times
I do have sometimes where my tinnitus is totally silent! I have been keeping a daily log (is that crazy or what?) The silence may last a few hours, and it is bliss. Then it kicks back up again. It's wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness