U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 AM
 
700 posts, read 2,211,017 times
Reputation: 350

Advertisements

I have a couple of black totally flat black spots on my back that itch. Anyone know anything about this? They look like bruises,but they never go away. ??? I'm going to have my doctor look at them when I go in for my yearly physical,but was just trying to find out something now if possible. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
 
8,424 posts, read 26,028,314 times
Reputation: 5966
Theres a ton of things they could be but you should go to the doctor right away. It could just be a skin reaction to soap or something more serious that needs treatment like cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,310 posts, read 23,673,678 times
Reputation: 6763
True, vague description but not entirely inconsistent with melanoma. I wouldn't wait around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Floribama
9,712 posts, read 18,388,483 times
Reputation: 6482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
I have a couple of black totally flat black spots on my back that itch. Anyone know anything about this? They look like bruises,but they never go away. ??? I'm going to have my doctor look at them when I go in for my yearly physical,but was just trying to find out something now if possible. Thanks!
I assume you're in Florida by your s/n. Are you one to go outside often without a shirt on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Plano, Texas
8,640 posts, read 15,569,056 times
Reputation: 21160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
True, vague description but not entirely inconsistent with melanoma. I wouldn't wait around.
I agree. I would have them looked at right away just to be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
 
700 posts, read 2,211,017 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
True, vague description but not entirely inconsistent with melanoma. I wouldn't wait around.
I thought melanoma was more crusty and ugly looking. ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
 
700 posts, read 2,211,017 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I assume you're in Florida by your s/n. Are you one to go outside often without a shirt on?
No.....unfortunately,I'm not in Florida now. I did live in Florida for fifteen years. No,I do not go outside often without a shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 03:55 PM
 
7,081 posts, read 26,239,505 times
Reputation: 3707
Melanoma typically has multiple colors in ONE lesion. And it's unusual for MULTIPLE spots to show up on the skin, unless it's ONE central lesion and other, satellite lesions VERY close by. They're not necessarily raised, however.

It's impossible to tell without a biopsy, however, exactly what is being described here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
 
700 posts, read 2,211,017 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Melanoma typically has multiple colors in ONE lesion. And it's unusual for MULTIPLE spots to show up on the skin, unless it's ONE central lesion and other, satellite lesions VERY close by. They're not necessarily raised, however.

It's impossible to tell without a biopsy, however, exactly what is being described here.
There is no lesion at all....just flat dark spots like a bruise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
 
7,081 posts, read 26,239,505 times
Reputation: 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
There is no lesion at all....just flat dark spots like a bruise.

Yes. Doctors call that a lesion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top