Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 36,908 times

Advertisements

I have what I thought was a wart on my right middle finger, right on the middle knuckle joint. I froze it off a few years ago and it developed a callous. For the past two weeks I've used a 40% salicylic acid bandage to take care of it. I stopped the treatment six days ago. It certainly took care of all of the dead skin, but now its very red, throbbing, and is once again developing a callous. I made the mistake of consulting Google, and am now terrified I have something horrible like epitheliod sarcoma!! Can anyone post an image of a ES lesion, or provide me with some description that doesn't require a full histology report?!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 10:29 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,249,782 times
Even a doctor has to do a lab on a skin lesion to tell you what is it. Its probably just a normal lesion from putting the acid on it. Stop with the acid and let it breath.

When you say you froze it off. Do you mean the doctor or yourself?
If you did yourself I would just go to the doctors now. The longer you wait the more expensive any problem gets. You do not want to have it develop and infection and lose your finger or something.
Even if it just some bad reaction to the acid that could happen from having and open sore.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,645,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk74 View Post
I made the mistake of consulting Google
And now you are asking a forum? Please go to the doctor and find out what it is and take care of it. You can not get definite answers here or from Google. Good luck.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 36,908 times
Thanks for your replies Beth and Pitt!

FWIW, I had a GP freeze it off some years ago. Its not back with any vengeance, just seems different now that all of the indurated skin is gone. I am indeed going to a dermatologist, unfortunately I have to wait a month. I'm beginning to think its a knuckle pad. Are there any DERMS out there that have any other advice to put my hypochondriacal (is that a word?) mind at ease?

I'm 33, in goodheath, not a smoker, have a desk job, though I do a good deal of manual labor around the house. Do not smoke or drink excessively, never handled hydrazine...!

Thanks again!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
It's probably just a 'wart"--fingers get alot of abuse and it could be irritated! Even if it IS something worse, it's just a small thing on a finger----go to a doctor and put your mind to rest !

Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,406 times
don't mean to scare you, but a friend of mine was diagnosed with planters wart on her heel and was treated for it...unfortunately it kept getting worse, she had been misdiagnosed and she has melanoma. So I would go to the doctor right away and get it looked at....get two opinions if you need to.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:26 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,574,590 times
I have had a seed wart for over 5 years. I have had it frozen twice by the dermatologist and had it burned off 5 or 6 times. It spread from the middle joint in my finger to the tip of it and then to my other hand but we got it while it (on the other hand) was just beginning, that got it, it hasn't come back (yet). It has also spread to another finger and that's when I decided it was time to get aggressive. The last time I went, I didn't have time for it to heal if we burned them before I went back to work again so we froze it and she froze it DEEP... Both of them. It is to early to tell yet if that worked or not but I did buy some compound W to treat it with while it is small if it does come back. I am so sick of fighting this thing!

She keeps telling me there is a shot they can put in there of chemo stuff that would probably kill it and wrote down the name of it so I could research it on the internet.. That chemo could also kill that joint or possibly my whole finger.. To drastic for my taste. She told me early on that the one I have is the hardest to get ride of.. I got it was a result of a cut on the finger in the same spot that wart is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness