U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM

3,632 posts, read 14,682,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if there were no unplanned or accidental births, half of us wouldnt be here!
Geez, it's probably more like 80% wouldn't be here. Do you realize where we'd be in this country if everyone practiced this, and if children all had to be planned?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 04:29 PM

569 posts, read 1,136,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if there were no unplanned or accidental births, half of us wouldnt be here!
I wouldn't be here! Then again, some people may like that.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 PM

6,239 posts, read 15,454,358 times
I wouldn't be here, either - and nor would my brother. My children also wouldn't be here. Wow, think of it - entire generations would be wiped out!

Abstinence unless it's for "procreation purposes" is a ridiculous concept and an unrealistic "ideal". What separates friends from lovers, friends from spouses/partners is sexual contact - pure and simple. In a loving, healthy relationship sex is an important connection. It fosters emotional intimacy and reinforces the special bond between two people.

In many marriages where that connection has broken down, you'll find a business relationship. No intimacy, no sharing; they live more like roommates. That doesn't sound like the ideal of a loving, caring, nurturing marriage to me!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM

18,370 posts, read 23,552,009 times
i tried to "wait" before marriage, so the honeymoon night would be special...with my first wife, i had good intentions, but it only lasted a month after we first met. i figured, since my fiancee, wasnt a virgin, then why wait for christmas??

Old 03-10-2007, 02:37 AM

2,909 posts, read 12,993,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I wouldn't be here, either - and nor would my brother. My children also wouldn't be here. Wow, think of it - entire generations would be wiped out!

Abstinence unless it's for "procreation purposes" is a ridiculous concept and an unrealistic "ideal". What separates friends from lovers, friends from spouses/partners is sexual contact - pure and simple. In a loving, healthy relationship sex is an important connection. It fosters emotional intimacy and reinforces the special bond between two people.

In many marriages where that connection has broken down, you'll find a business relationship. No intimacy, no sharing; they live more like roommates. That doesn't sound like the ideal of a loving, caring, nurturing marriage to me!

On my website(link in my profile) I mentioned alternatives to recreational mating such as cuddling. I think its very intimate. Little difference between cuddling and mating in terms of intamacy. Theres many ways or "positions" to cuddle in. Could cuddle standing up(slow dance?) could cuddle sitting(see picture below) could have your girl sitting on your lap with your arms around her curves could cuddle laying down(preferably fully clothed!) Theres as many "positions" to cuddle as there is to mate. Just close your eyes when cuddling and let your fantasties take you anywhere!

Old 03-10-2007, 09:36 AM

6,239 posts, read 15,454,358 times
NAH, I understand where you're coming from on this issue, and for teenagers and even adults who have strong religious beliefs about sex before marriage, it's fine. But in a marriage, which even in God's eyes, is supposed to be a sexual relationship, abstinence has no place. God designed our bodies to feel pleasure, and as long as we have sex under the correct circumstances (marriage), there's nothing wrong with that.

Cuddling and hugging are wonderful - and sometimes they lead to petting and then sex. There are certainly people who are asexual, but they are very few. Like it or not, the norm is marriage with sex. I'm not saying that it has to become an obession and you're then having sex 24/7. But in the context of a marital relationship, sex is the glue (along with communication, commitment, trust, and love) that keeps a marriage together.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:49 PM

18,370 posts, read 23,552,009 times
sandy, good post, i remember as a teenager, trying to "innocently" cuddle,hug, even kiss, with a lovely maine girl, and even if my goal wasnt mating(hey can we call it sex? or lovemaking? the term mating , is close to the term breeding) anyways, in all the history of mankind, a young man, or man, has tried to "warm" up a girl/woman, and when things "heat" up, inhibitions, tend to go by the wayside.
there is something magical, about the sexual chemistry between a man and a woman, an innocent kiss may lead to an open mouth kiss, a tight "hug" may lead to creative groping,,,,,like meatloafs song, paradise my the dashboard lights,,,most men are "programmed" to seduce a woman, program may not be the right word, but definitely "wired"(to round the "bases"
god made woman,,his most beautiful masterpiece, a man, strives to enjoy the fruits of that beauty.
and many songs have been written to capture that beauty.

well i remember every little thing as if it was only yesterday, parking by the lake and thier was not another car in sight, and i never had a girl, looking any better than you did, all the kids at school they were wishing they were me that night"
(meatloaf)

"and we stealed away every chance we could, the backrooms, alleys, trusty woods, searching for mysteries without any clues, working on a nightmovesssss" ( nightmoves bob seger)

" come out virginia dont make me wait, catholic girls start much too late, sooner or later it comes down to fate, i might as well be the one" (only the good die young .billy joel)

"it was somewhere in a fairytale, i use to take her home in my car, we learned about love in the back of a dodge, the lesson hadnt gone too far" (harry chapin, taxi)

"and like a princess she was laying there, moonlight dancing off her hair, she woke up and took me by my hand, and we made love in my chevy van and thats all right with me (sammy johns, chevy van)

Old 03-10-2007, 05:51 PM

11,413 posts, read 18,613,061 times
with all due respect to various opinions on this topic...I have to disagree to some extent.

I would re-title this thread as "sex,to preserve our health and piece of mind".

Yes,things should be taught to teenagers,the dangers and responsibilty involved but....

It seems if in some of your eyes I guess I would be a sinner,because if sex is a sin I've got alot of forgiveness to ask....I consider myself religious to a extent,I guess in some opinions Im unchristian in this regard....

You know,Im old fashioned in the sense that if I make a commitment I make it whole heartedly,Im single and mostly enjoy being that way and when I have a girlfriend Im true but there has to be good sex otherwise Im history....

and mainebrokerman,In my case for song titles Id say the song "if you cant be with the one you love,love the one you are with" would be appropiate for me..

Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,993,929 times
Default Headaches, brain bleeding and strokes due to mating or "***"

*note: article contains uncensored bad 3 letter word, not recommended for children to read*

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00645.html (broken link)

Introduction

Jokes about sex and headaches abound. But the pain is no laughing matter.

Sexual activity — especially orgasm — can trigger a headache. You may notice a dull ache in your head and neck that builds up as sexual excitement increases and peaks during orgasm. Or you may experience a sudden, severe headache during orgasm.

Most sex headaches are nothing to worry about. But proper diagnosis is important. Sometimes sex headaches are a sign of something serious, such as bleeding in the brain or stroke.
Signs and symptoms

Sex headaches often start as a dull ache on both sides of the head. The pain may intensify as sexual excitement increases.

In other cases, sex headaches appear suddenly during orgasm. You may feel severe pain around or behind your eyes. Some people describe the pain as pulsing, throbbing or a sudden blow to the head. The pain may get worse when you move.

Most sex headaches last a few minutes. Others may linger for a few hours.
Causes

Any type of sexual activity that leads to orgasm — including masturbation, oral sex and intercourse — can trigger sex headaches.

Dull, achy sex headaches are thought to be caused by tightening the head and neck muscles during sexual activity. Sex headaches associated with orgasm may be a response to increased blood pressure that causes the cerebral blood vessels to dilate.

In other cases, medications such as birth control pills and pseudoephedrine (a common decongestant in many over-the-counter cold remedies) have been linked to sex headaches.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:34 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,280,669 times
OMY!!!! This is a first, sex CAUSES headaches. LMAO!!! Actually there have been many studies that prove the total OPPOSITE!!! That sex can relieve headaches. I've had this happen MANY times. Anyway, the new excuse is not, "not tonight dear, I have a headache" but rather, "not tonight dear, having sex w/ you GIVES me a headache".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness