U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 AM

2,909 posts, read 13,318,099 times

Advertisements

I am going to tell everyone about the value of abstinence I learned back in middle school. Had several classes that preached abstinence in high school. Result? I am very thankful for this important education, knowlege, information and facts. It is much more than a belief or making a choice, its a fact if you want to stay healthy. Because mating spreads venereal diseases and as I learned in school, only abstinence is 100% safe. Condoms, birth control or other contractives routinely fail! Birth control will not even prevent venereal diseases at all and condoms wont fully protect you from every type of disease and condoms often break or leak!

We would sometimes have guest speakers who told stories of how dangerous recreational mating was and how it can affect your health and wellness. One guest speaker knows a friend who got AIDS because he made the wrong choice! Lots of stories of unwanted pregnancies, abortions, miscarriages, teen mothers, high school dropouts, etc all because they made the wrong choice!!!!!!!

The speakers and teacher explained that its the facts that count, not "beliefs" nor "opinions". I even have a website in my profile about the facts and stats. Go by those if you will.

One day our class watched a video about two amorous high school teens. This guy found a girlfriend and he "loves" her so he decided to physically demostrate by "making love" which turned out to be the biggest mistake in his life because she became pregnant and he had to drop out of high school and forget about his college scholorship and get a low paying job while the mother goes on welfare, costing us taxpayer money! Very sad ending to this movie of two teens who totally ruined their lives because of one mistake. You can get pregnant the first time you mate, you can be a virgin and 9 months later give birth!

The guest speaker said no matter how "careful" you try to be, accidents happen and the speaker told the class of many such case stories. Broken condoms, "failed" birth control pills, getting venereal diseases and spreading it to others, relationship breakups. Mate only when you are ready to have children said the teacher. If you are not yet ready for children, then abstain!

I am forever thankful for the knowlege I learned in abstinence ed. classes and am going to spread this wisedom to all. There should be more such classes. Perhaps teach abstinence every year from 6th grade to college. It is the best and most important thing people can learn in their lives. If for some reason its not thaught in your school, teach your child all about abstinence and show him different websites filled full of facts to support the right choice.

Last edited by Global Friend; 03-04-2007 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: no advertising but thanks for starting your own thread
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,507,479 times
I got pregnant at 17, my son was one of the best things that ever happened to me, I only regret my age, but never him. I never consider him a mistake or that he ruined my life. Abstinence is a great thing to teach about but I think teaching protection in case they do decide to have sex is just as important.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:51 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,975,108 times
Quote:
I got pregnant at 17, my son was one of the best things that ever happened to me, I only regret my age, but never him. I never consider him a mistake or that he ruined my life. Abstinence is a great thing to teach about but I think teaching protection in case they do decide to have sex is just as important.
I'm all for teens not having sex until they're married but realistically, it's not going to happen. A good friend of mine got his girlfriend pregnant during their Senior year and it really messed up both of their lives. He was very smart and had a bright future ahead of him but instead he had to accept a low-paying job and throw away his college dream.

But then you hear a story like Nea's and think that it can also be a good thing. I'm very happy for you and your son.

I really don't want a kid yet, it's just too early in my life to think about that. When I "settle down" then getting married, having kids, etc will be a higher priority. I had a close call about 3 years ago when my girlfriend thought she was pregnant; I was scared out of my mind. It turned out to be an error in the pregnancy test and I was very relieved.

And as I believe it's important to teach abstinence, I also believe it's equally important to teach birth control. No matter what you do, teens will still have sex, fact of life.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, there are plenty of other enjoyable ways to be romantic... but in a long-term relationship, that is just a companion to actual mating. Most of us wouldn't be able to refrain from taking that final step, and personally I wouldn't want to. As I've said before, provided you're responsible about it, having to mate is perfectly healthy & normal among consenting adults.
Ive seen relationships end once they go "all the way" because there no longer is any mystery left and also the guy considers it "goal accomplished" and he gets bored and moves on. Another reason to abstain. Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder

Quote:
Yay for the curvy girls!! Nothing wrong with being thin (naturally), but plenty of men & women prefer some healthy curves. I'll NEVER be skinny, since I'm just not built that way, so I've learned to appreciate my natural figure. I don't have any recent pics, but I can send you one from last year... about 20lbs. heavier at the time, but you'd probably like that better anyway - LOL.
Men prefer their women to have curves and the women prefer they had curves. Lucky you that youll always have your lovely curves, thats the way real women should look like(even if its just our opinion) Feel free to PM me your pics.

Quote:
I know some great full-figured gals, but don't think they'd be into permanent abstinence... though I do know one that should be, considering she had 4 kids by age 24! Luckily her tubes are tied now, so no more baby-making, but she'd never be happy without real mating.
Maybe they will change their mind after you show them my website

Old 03-05-2007, 06:40 AM

29,042 posts, read 47,217,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Ive seen relationships end once they go "all the way" because there no longer is any mystery left and also the guy considers it "goal accomplished" and he gets bored and moves on. Another reason to abstain. Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder
All of what you're saying (in this post & others) is mostly applicable to teens, but not adults... yes, it's important for young people to think carefully about it, and consider the risks of having sex. But for two monogamous, consenting adults, I'm still not buying your arguments. I've been in quite a few adult relationships, and none of the men have lost interest after becoming intimate... if anything, it ensures they'll be back - LOL! At my age (30), I don't think too many guys would stick around for an abstinent woman.

Quote:
Men prefer their women to have curves and the women prefer they had curves. Lucky you that youll always have your lovely curves, thats the way real women should look like(even if its just our opinion) Feel free to PM me your pics.
Thanks. When I get a good picture on this computer (it's new), I'll send it to you...

Quote:
Maybe they will change their mind after you show them my website
Hmmmm... I've been to your website, and really don't think it would change their minds! We're all perfectly aware of STDs and unwanted pregnancies, some from personal experience, so that's really nothing new. But most people will still choose to have sex, hopefully with protection and responsibility. You might have some luck convincing a virgin, but I honestly don't know any of those (over a certain age) - besides you, of course.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:22 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,836,704 times
great post gizmo

nah
you keep telling everyone to go to your website, with all of the "ads" don't you make money every time someone clicks on your website

Old 03-05-2007, 07:25 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,588,905 times
What if 2 consenting adults get a clean bill of health from their doctors, They are in a long term relationship...engage in consentual sex for the purpose of creating life... and they suceed.
Are they still going to burn in hell??

What if your mother had an std when she gave birth to you that was passed on to you? You don't HAVE to have sex to contract an STD. Then you are expected to remain abstinent for the rest of your life to not contaminate others? C'mon now.

Then there are people that have been together since they were 15-16 and they decide to get married at 21-22 years old... because they do love the person they are with... and they decide to have a child as well.. being 22-23 years old, I guess they are in the wrong too because they are so young and stupid?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:34 PM

2,953 posts, read 12,554,145 times
Need Affordable Home - I visited your website. Do your beliefs also apply to adults? You believe one should be celebate unless you want to procreate?

Old 03-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Need Affordable Home - I visited your website. Do your beliefs also apply to adults? You believe one should be celebate unless you want to procreate?

Mating is for procreation, not recreation. Please read the facts and youll understand why. I dont think everyone fully understands the facts im getting across yet and think it doesnt apply for them. Anyone can get venereal diseases, anyone can have an unwanted pregnancy, anyone can end up with health and legal problems, even adults. The facts make me aware how dangerous mating is but if its done for procreation then you gotta do what you do so you dont go extinct, its what animals in nature do.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM

82 posts, read 587,789 times
...it sounds like you find sex terrifying, to the point of even seeming uncomfortable using the word. Your zeal seems to move beyond general concern. Maybe it'd be worth exploring that with someone you can talk to. While you're right in that if you throw caution to the wind you run the risk of blowing away in the breeze, I think you've gone from one extreme to the other. You seem to be a fairly religious person, maybe you should talk this over with your Priest/Rabi/Imam/Deacon or a close friend. I hope I'm not coming across badly here, I genuinely believe that you should consider exploring all of this with someone who's guidance you value.

Take Care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness