Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times

Advertisements

I just read your thread
Sounds like blepharitis an inflammation of the eyelids;
I had this but it was very itchy, and my ENT prescribed, a baby shampoo non-tearing
and a clean white washcloth, put a small amount on the cloth and kind of wound it around your index finger, and run a little warm water over the washcloth squeezing out the excess water, but not all of the shampoo, and starting from the inner part of each eyelid to the outer, and scrub (kind of hard to explain) but just use your index finger and lightly scrub the area where the lashes comes out
and rinse well, do this at least twice a day and it should clear up.
here's a google link foe def of Blepharitis
https://www.google.com/health/ref/Blepharitis
Hope you feel better real soon

Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
looks a lot like skin tags

Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Could be calcium deposits.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
I just read your thread
Sounds like blepharitis an inflammation of the eyelids;
I had this but it was very itchy, and my ENT prescribed, a baby shampoo non-tearing
and a clean white washcloth, put a small amount on the cloth and kind of wound it around your index finger, and run a little warm water over the washcloth squeezing out the excess water, but not all of the shampoo, and starting from the inner part of each eyelid to the outer, and scrub (kind of hard to explain) but just use your index finger and lightly scrub the area where the lashes comes out
and rinse well, do this at least twice a day and it should clear up.
here's a google link foe def of Blepharitis
https://www.google.com/health/ref/Blepharitis
Hope you feel better real soon
Sounds nothing like blepharitis and based on the pictures the OP provided, looks nothing like blepharitis.

What they look like is what the OP has already had diagnosed...xanthomas.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,281 times
Did you find answers to this as i have same thing :S

Old 04-22-2010, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,188 times
michiganmom2008, I have the same spots on my eyelid (I'm a male) in exactly the same place. Mine seem to be a little smaller, but otherwise the same condition. There have been a number of guesses in this thread as to what it is, but I'm confused as to what the conclusion is, if there is one.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,053 times
will theas white spots goaway when your colesterol goes down?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 7,966 times
I'm glad I found this post.

I am a middled age woman and have exactly what is pictured but only on one eyelid. I eat very well--close to a vegetarian diet, and last time I had my cholesterol checked, it was in a great range. So I don't think it's that for me... But I guess you never know. I do have some other health issues and a mild heart/ low blood pressure problem that I take beta blockers for so I'm worried about this possibly being a heart issue for me and not simply something cosmetic. I orginally assumed it was an aging-like a tag-thing. I have not had a baby in years although maybe it is something to do with hormones. I'll see the Dr. soon and let you know what he says about mine... Again, mine is only on one side though.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,964 times
as has already been stated multiple times, these are xanthomas. the changes in oestrogen levels during pregnancy don't causes these directly, however these changes can make existing high triglyceride levels even higher, thus stimulating these visible manifestations of what was almost certainly pre-existing raised triglycerides.

far more important than the removal of the xanthomas themselves is knowing and managing your blood lipids and cholesterol, which is likely to involve long term medication.

Last edited by kronenborg; 07-09-2010 at 12:22 PM..

Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,966 times
Well thanks for the diagnosis, kronenberg. I'll cancel my doctor appt. I'm still wondering why I only have it on one side though... And why my cholesterol (that was checked 3 months ago) is fine. Oh well, glad we know what mine is for sure; I can save my Dr. visit money. Relieved it's not related to my ongoing heart problem. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness