U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM

4,218 posts, read 7,849,480 times

Advertisements

Walgreens Offering Free Healthcare For Jobless, Uninsured

Walgreen's offers free health care for jobless

- posted this in the Employment forum, thought people may need it here, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,653,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Walgreens Offering Free Healthcare For Jobless, Uninsured

Walgreen's offers free health care for jobless

- posted this in the Employment forum, thought people may need it here, too.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who falls for this is not very bright and/or extremely gullable! The service is free (which costs nothing anyway) but you still must pay for the perscriptions!!!

With so many people becoming more proactive with their health and healthcare and trying the alternative and natural methods (which work!) places like Walgreens are starting to suffer financially. what better way to lure the unsuspecting, uninsured, poor, trusting and/or elderly into believing you really care when the reality is they are trying to "up sales!"

Burn Walgreens!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,486,058 times
Better then nothing for most uninsured I guess.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Better then nothing for most uninsured I guess.

I wouldn't be so sure about that!

These drugs will cause more problems in the long run, which means more care and more drugs are needed. It might end up costing them more money and possibley their lives and health in the long run.

I wonder about the medical record taking that is sooo very important. I wonder I wonder I wonder.

I know one thing for sure, I will NEVER let someone I love go to one of those death traps for care.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,486,058 times
I doubt the drugs will cause more problems in the long run, except maybe if they steer them towards name brands instead of generics. Unless you are saying all pharma will make people sicker, which is psychotic...I would love to go back to the 1900's when dysentery and staph killed people instead of being a minor annoyance (excluding MRSA). If you're sick and need antibiotics, or rescue inhalers for your asthma, or any other short basis clinic care it will save some money.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 AM

4,618 posts, read 10,494,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who falls for this is not very bright and/or extremely gullable! The service is free (which costs nothing anyway) but you still must pay for the perscriptions!!!

With so many people becoming more proactive with their health and healthcare and trying the alternative and natural methods (which work!) places like Walgreens are starting to suffer financially. what better way to lure the unsuspecting, uninsured, poor, trusting and/or elderly into believing you really care when the reality is they are trying to "up sales!"

Burn Walgreens!
What alternate universe do you live in where "many people are being more proactive with there health" or where "alternative methods" ( ie unproven and typically worthless) will cure strep throat or prevent a UTI form turning into a potential pyelonephritis??

As for the "service being free(which costs nothing anyways)" Also looking for an explanation of this since I have yet to see another urgent care center or physician office offer "free diagnoses and treatment recommendations". Must be something unique to Elmhurst.

I could see the tinfoil hat crowd looking for conspiracies everywhere but this is really over the top. Is Walgreen's looking for good PR and potentially boosting the bottom line? Probably.....

Is there anything wrong with a pharmacy offering minute clinic services where an NP can look in your throat and do a rapid strep or a quick urinalysis and determine if an antibiotic might be helpful??? Ummmm.....no

Is there anything wrong with a pharmacy chain offering these services for free( and no they aren't USUALLY FREE) in these economic times to those in need who might otherwise forego treatment?? Again, that would be a big NO

Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What alternate universe do you live in where "many people are being more proactive with there health" or where "alternative methods" ( ie unproven and typically worthless) will cure strep throat or prevent a UTI form turning into a potential pyelonephritis??

As for the "service being free(which costs nothing anyways)" Also looking for an explanation of this since I have yet to see another urgent care center or physician office offer "free diagnoses and treatment recommendations". Must be something unique to Elmhurst.

I could see the tinfoil hat crowd looking for conspiracies everywhere but this is really over the top. Is Walgreen's looking for good PR and potentially boosting the bottom line? Probably.....

Is there anything wrong with a pharmacy offering minute clinic services where an NP can look in your throat and do a rapid strep or a quick urinalysis and determine if an antibiotic might be helpful??? Ummmm.....no

Is there anything wrong with a pharmacy chain offering these services for free( and no they aren't USUALLY FREE) in these economic times to those in need who might otherwise forego treatment?? Again, that would be a big NO

Good luck with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness