U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 05:54 PM

17,977 posts, read 17,676,031 times

Advertisements

Whenever I eat magic shell on my ice cream, it makes my throat burn.

Hmm. I thought it was just the Magic Shell.

So, last night, I had a Symphony bar. Throat burned again.

I can put baking cocoa in my coffee, but whenever I eat chocolate, it burns my throat so bad.

Happen to anyone else? I am not getting heartburn wit it, just the burning sensation in the throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 PM

19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Sounds like it might be an allergy, which can develop over time. Another possibility is an interaction with another food or drug. Have you started to take any new type of medications that might cause an interaction with chocolate?

I'd check with my physician just to be on the safe side. Good luck.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:25 PM

I do not think I have. It seems worse when there is ALL chocolate. I tried a mounds tonight and nothing happened. So, when it is like the magic shell or the symphony bar, which are all chocolate, I gett he burning.

Oh but I love chocolate....

Old 04-11-2009, 07:42 PM

4,153 posts, read 6,708,598 times
have you checked out this site:

http://www.labelwatch.com/prod_resul...search=1&ref=1

the ingredients listed for Magic Shell are hardly chocolate overall....
check the symphony bar out as well

if your saying that baking cocoa in your coffee is fine for you, then I'm guessing it's a reaction to one ore some of the weird emulsifiers etc that are in standard candy.

God forbid it's a REAL chocolate allergy issue, (just the thought makes me shiver!)but maybe you should double check by scoring a real pure high end chocolate bar...you know, just to make sure!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:25 PM

242 posts, read 762,309 times
Default Chocolate burns my throat

Well dear, Chocolates do contain SOY LECITHIN, which comes from the TOXIC SOYBEAN LEGUME. I typed out an article here at the Health section. I had many people say they ate is all their life and they are doing good. But soybeans are not edible and toxic but the FDA let it pass off for food because it is CHEAP and Poisons people and animals. It damages the thyroid gland first of all, Let me give you a run-down on this toxic food. First of all, the manufacturers have spent $500,000,000 to get the TOXINS out... they still can not accomplish doing that, so it is still TOXIC. ================================================== == Soybeans are unlike other Legumes. Soybeans AREN'T safte to eat when picked fresh, because they are TOXIC. Lab tests in animals have shown to cause everything from cancer to birth defects. In order to remove the harmful TOXINS the manufacturers MUST USE HARSH CHEMICALS processing them to high heat that are extremely hot, then the soybeans have to go through Acid Baths, they are sprayed dried to produce a HIGH-PROTEIN POWER, all the while they are still TOXIC. To improve the tastes of the SOY POWDER, they add in artificial flavorings, such as MSG ( monsodium glutamate this is a flavor enhancer and millions are allergic to it, causes headaches to migranes) then preservatives are added ( more toxins to which is TOXIC POISON SOYBEANS, then they have to add sweetness, emulsifiers and Synthetic nutrients are added. THEN the manufacturers have to add NITRITES these are known carcinogens ( that word means can produce cancers in the body) they add in the NUTRITES during the spraying for the drying process. ================================================== =One is especially dangerous a toxin, TRYPSIN INHIBITOR can nterefere with digestion and theoretically cause cancer in humans. Processed SOY POWDER contains Residual PHYTIC ACID, experts know this and blocks the absorption of calcium, magnesium, zinc and her essential minerals in the intestinal tract. So there you go, it soybean oil any soy products produce depression because it is poison and you lose vitamins there is so much more, but that could be the burning effect and the PRESERVATIVES in the chocolate you are comsuming.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:36 PM

4,153 posts, read 6,708,598 times
Exactly Kapalua...

here's my best recommendation:

TCHO: TCHO Is - TCHO is (http://www.tcho.com/tcho-is/tcho-is - broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 AM

305 posts, read 744,819 times
dont eat chocolate?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:34 AM

Now I am sitting here thinking back on the different chocolates I have eaten....

I think even Toblerone did it. This never used to happen. I am thinking within the last almost a year or so.

But the baking cocoa is fine. I think the dove bar did fine.

oh this is not good.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 18,627 times
My throat use to only burn when I ate chocolate...then I noticed it with wine and now it's burning with all sorts of different foods... I think it's time for a check up. Unitil now I had not heard of anyone ever experiencing this.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 PM

4,384 posts, read 2,030,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICN2U View Post
dont eat chocolate?
This. Seems the simple solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness