U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 18,308 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I hit a slate rock wall about 12 times ( guess 6 on each hand i'd imagine ) However, my right hand is really hurting. Here are the symptoms;

I can move my fingers with some pain involved, I cannot move them flat without pressing on a table and that brings ALOT of pain. I can bend all fingers down but not to a complete fist, the pain is to severe to make a fist.

Hand is EXTREMELY cold for some reason. Aswell as a numb tingly feeling. As if you sit on your foot and it goes to sleep, then you poke it or touch it, it tingles. Well that's what my hand has felt like since i woke up this morning. This happened Saturday night. It did not hurt at all when I did it or untill I woke up. It was as if I did nothing to it other than my middle 3 knuckles and fingers dripping blood. I'm sure that was do to the extreme amount of alcohol in my system though. But when I woke up Sunday morning it felt just bruised and I couldnt move anything in that hand without alot of pain. All day long I iced it for 20 min on then 20min off for a few hours. It felt like it was making great progress... Untill about 8am this morning when I woke up and it felt like it was on fire... but like an icy burn. Really weird and it has yet to go away and it's now 1:30pm. I can't afford to have it looked at and it only be a bruising or something. but, I don't want it to be fractured or anything and end up being ****ed up and give me problems in 10 years.

Btw, yes I know that I should not have hit the wall.. I understand that I regret it.. TRUST ME. lol... It was either that or a skull and I choice the lesser of the two evils. Any help would be good. I know most people will just say get it checked. Well, it's not that easy when I just got layed of and no insurance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM

7,079 posts, read 33,722,918 times
You need to see a doctor and get some X-rays. Hitting a fist against a wall usually results in what is called a 'boxer's fracture.' This means the metacarpal bones (the long bones in your hand, itself) could be broken. The fact that your hand is cold is ominous and could be quite dangerous.

This is not the place to get medical advice. You need to see a doctor. NOW.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:08 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,486,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
This is not the place to get medical advice. You need to see a doctor. NOW.
Agreed, if there is a fracture it can be pressing against the vascular structures of the hand...which are small and easily impeded.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:15 PM
tao

720 posts, read 2,915,459 times
Find your nearest walk-in clinic and get it checked out. They're a lot cheaper than regular clinics and I'm sure you can make arrangements to do a payment plan.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:30 PM

13,104 posts, read 17,634,355 times
walk in clinic no emergency room yes cause most likely the walk in clinic will send him to the er anyways so why bother with the walk in clinic at all ? I say take yourself to the er and get looked after I hope you have medical insurance . good luck .

Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM

784 posts, read 2,009,296 times
Sounds like you hit a nerve. When you hit nerves only some fingers will go numb. You might have damaged it permanently. If not, your feeling will come back in about two weeks. I would consult a physician anyways. But it definately sounds like you hit a nerve..Bad aiming..Good luck regardless, I hope your hand gets better and stop punching things...

Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,626 times
I recently punched a wall..
The time before that I already had a boxer fracture with 3 pins.

But back to my recent occasion with the wall...
It didn't hurt like last time.
It just bruised up and was swollen for a bit, but gone now.
Its tingling most of the time and idk what to do????.…:/

Old 04-28-2016, 12:43 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
See your doctor. You could have damaged one of the pins.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:05 PM

5,796 posts, read 2,151,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zickefoose View Post
Ok, so I hit a slate rock wall about 12 times ( guess 6 on each hand i'd imagine ) However, my right hand is really hurting. Here are the symptoms;

I can move my fingers with some pain involved, I cannot move them flat without pressing on a table and that brings ALOT of pain. I can bend all fingers down but not to a complete fist, the pain is to severe to make a fist.

Hand is EXTREMELY cold for some reason. Aswell as a numb tingly feeling. As if you sit on your foot and it goes to sleep, then you poke it or touch it, it tingles. Well that's what my hand has felt like since i woke up this morning. This happened Saturday night. It did not hurt at all when I did it or untill I woke up. It was as if I did nothing to it other than my middle 3 knuckles and fingers dripping blood. I'm sure that was do to the extreme amount of alcohol in my system though. But when I woke up Sunday morning it felt just bruised and I couldnt move anything in that hand without alot of pain. All day long I iced it for 20 min on then 20min off for a few hours. It felt like it was making great progress... Untill about 8am this morning when I woke up and it felt like it was on fire... but like an icy burn. Really weird and it has yet to go away and it's now 1:30pm. I can't afford to have it looked at and it only be a bruising or something. but, I don't want it to be fractured or anything and end up being ****ed up and give me problems in 10 years.

Btw, yes I know that I should not have hit the wall.. I understand that I regret it.. TRUST ME. lol... It was either that or a skull and I choice the lesser of the two evils. Any help would be good. I know most people will just say get it checked. Well, it's not that easy when I just got layed of and no insurance.
Lets put it this way then~~ IF you don't get this checked out by physician and get proper assessment..YOU will most likely have a lot of the symptoms you are describing for the rest of your life!! The nerve pinched ( your description) is caused by being pressured no doubt by some skeletal item pressing on it..the circulation to your hand is somehow being directly affected to multiple reasons! The inability to straightened out your fingers means whatever has been damaged skeletal-wise is causing all the ligaments and tendons (which actually enable you fingers to extend and retract..SO guess in short~~ YOU HAVE REALLY F***** Up your hands!

While you may be in some sort of denial..the longer you wait for PROPER ASSESSMENT and treatment..The worse off you are going to be! Sure, you regret what you did..and you can't afford to have it checked out...Think about how well you are going continue with both hands so "Sc***ed up"!! From your description ..The Pain, Tingling is only the tip of the iceberg of the consequences of NOT Getting it ASSESSED and Treated!!

ETA~~ BTW IF you hit the concrete so hard..the issue may also include your wrist bones which is where all those nerves/tendons, ligaments, Vascular feeds get tunnelled through! SO when those tunnels get affected ..it also affects how well your hands function..Google the hands which includes all bolded above to see a visual of what I'm talking about!

The above is only meant to jar you out of your state of denial..AS a now retired ER trauma nurse with some experience ..I can only point out what your issue is..certainly not diagnosis it

Old 04-28-2016, 01:09 PM

131 posts, read 72,335 times
Why are people still feeding the troll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness