U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 01:36 AM

61 posts, read 207,070 times

Advertisements

^ actually the above article is not fake news.

they are calling it H1N1, just as they called the 1918 virus. they are not calling it H2N1, or anything, since the HA hasn't changed. its still H1N1. sure, there are always going to be different strains just like the "common cold". it aint one strain of cold. its many.

between august 1918 and jan 1918, H1N1 mutated into more than 1 "strain". since we are dealing with the same swine virus, it will continue to mutate at some point. during the infections and deaths.

the "mixing" referred to can occur in a lab, naturally, or both. i do not see how the article posted above is "misleading the public".

however, i do see that the CDC telling doctors and hospitals to stock up on and treat H1N1 with Tamiflu which is mind-boggling, since this drug does not prevent cytokine storm deaths at all, and does not reduce lung or organ damage.

in fact, Tamiflu is known in the medical community to be ineffective especially for H1N1.

http://img.medscape.com/slide/migrat...or/slide17.gif

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 04-30-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
1. Assuming it does not mutate and keeps its current model of death rate it will kill about 25,000 Americans. It will kill at least 2 million worldwide.

2. If it circles the globe multiple times, as I am predicting it will. Then all bets are off, as it will likely mutate.

During this circling of the globe thing and when it is officially delcared a level 6 pandemic situation, the economies of the world will cease, travel will be banned and the world as we know it will stop. This will actually be what finally stops the virus and will last for a period of 2-3 months. Then we will resume our broken lives at which time new strains will begin to emerge in hot pockets of the world.
well the 1918 H1N1 mutated within a couple months! so it may mutate faster than individual vaccines can be developed.

i dont see why travel is banned only at such a high level.

in 1918 almost no civilians flew internationally, as most do now.

and i also don't see why global porcine agriculture isn't more criticized.
considering what swine flu did to half the entire population of the world, 90 years ago.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 AM

"His euphemism hid the fact that in some places more than 30 percent of people who contracted Spanish flu died."

thanks John!

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 04-30-2009 at 08:34 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 01:56 AM

519 posts, read 823,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karm View Post
well the 1918 H1N1 mutated within a couple months! so it may mutate faster than individual vaccines can be developed.

i dont see why travel is banned only at such a high level.

in 1918 almost no civilians flew internationally, as most do now.

and i also don't see why global porcine agriculture isn't more criticized.
considering what swine flu did to half the entire population of the world, 90 years ago.
I don't understand why Mexico is even allowing any flights to and from its country. Cuba and Argentina have already banned flights from there. If Mexico is the source, why do we continue to allow people to travel within that country and then allow them to go home and infect others?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 AM

25,100 posts, read 32,735,729 times
My preparation?

A bottle of Aspirin.

This is not that big of deal people -

It's the FLU -

Stay home if your sick.

Lay in some extra videos to watch.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 AM

6,262 posts, read 16,302,212 times
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
My preparation?

A bottle of Aspirin.

This is not that big of deal people -

It's the FLU -

Stay home if your sick.

Lay in some extra videos to watch.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:14 AM

perhaps Aspirin might help reduce Cytokine Storm. cuz tamiflu does nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyouth View Post
I don't understand why Mexico is even allowing any flights to and from its country. Cuba and Argentina have already banned flights from there. If Mexico is the source, why do we continue to allow people to travel within that country and then allow them to go home and infect others?
great point we're practically at level 6 and theres probably flights landing from mexico in dozens of every international airport every hour.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 04-30-2009 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Removed political content...

Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 AM

27,531 posts, read 44,153,295 times
Post News, Flu-fighting masks may help, but donít bet on it.

Itís the surest sign that an outbreak of illness or infection has grown serious: People on the street wearing face masks as they hurry to work, crowd into the subway or walk their dogs.

Such images have been ubiquitous this week in Mexico, where a swine flu epidemic may have sickened 6,000 and is suspected in more than 150 deaths.

Flu-fighting masks may help, but don’t bet on it - Swine flu- msnbc.com

Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 AM

985 posts, read 2,211,700 times
I'm not sure if this has been explained before, if it has my apologies, but why have they not found any sick pigs if this came from pigs? I don't get it.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:40 AM

someone please recommend the best one out there, given the limitations cited.

that can be bought online like ebay.

to wear like while at the supermarket, post office, gas station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness