U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karm View Post
someone please recommend the best one out there, given the limitations cited.

that can be bought online like ebay.

to wear like while at the supermarket, post office, gas station.
I have two types of masks for myself and family.

I have the disposable N-95 masks and enough to last a few months for each of us. This is for everyday use, going to work and so on, if the virus comes here locally.

If it becomes an outright pandemic situation on a scale seen in 1918, I also have full bio-hazard body suits, complete with facial shields and double filtered P-100 paticulate masks. You can think I'm nuts if you like, but I still say the best way to deal with this flu, is simply not to catch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM

7,446 posts, read 10,590,493 times
CleanCutHippie wrote:
Good read. Swine Flu Smoking Gun? CDC was Combining Flu Viruses in 2004
Mike Adams NaturalNews site is one of my most trusted sources of health related news, far more likely to be at least closer to the truth than the media establishment.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:43 AM

2,511 posts, read 5,888,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Oh really? And why haven't you been vaccinated against TB?

There is no approved vaccine for TB in the US....

BCG vaccine is used in many foreign countries but is not generally recommended for use in the US

Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,774,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
There is no approved vaccine for TB in the US....

BCG vaccine is used in many foreign countries but is not generally recommended for use in the US
My point is...if one is so worried about TB, then it stands to reason that he or she would get vaccinated.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Speaking of a vaccine, the goverment claims they are working on one for this swine flu and it could be ready in 4-6 months. Who here would opt for such a vaccine, assuming one is developed. With the history of many rushed vaccines proving to cause death and permanent nuerological conditions, would you still take a chance?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:02 AM

519 posts, read 586,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Speaking of a vaccine, the goverment claims they are working on one for this swine flu and it could be ready in 4-6 months. Who here would opt for such a vaccine, assuming one is developed. With the history of many rushed vaccines proving to cause death and permanent nuerological conditions, would you still take a chance?
I wouldn't take one, only for the sheer reason that I wouldn't want to seem greedy. If there is a vaccine soon, it will probably be in limited amounts and it should go to the communities that have had cases.

Also, would healthcare providers give coverage for such a vaccine? That would make up a lot of people's minds depending on the answer.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 AM

6,271 posts, read 11,838,699 times
Default article about a lady's 5 kids having it

Mom worries as swine flu hits 5 in N.Y. family - Swine flu- msnbc.com

interesting to note that the article goes on to say :Everyone at Civitano’s house is recovering now. That appears to be one hallmark of this virus: a sudden onset and an equally sudden easing of symptoms, she said.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:17 AM

5,503 posts, read 13,290,639 times
Quote:

I have the disposable N-95 masks and enough to last a few months for each of us. This is for everyday use, going to work and so on, if the virus comes here locally.

If it becomes an outright pandemic situation on a scale seen in 1918, I also have full bio-hazard body suits, complete with facial shields and double filtered P-100 paticulate masks. You can think I'm nuts if you like, but I still say the best way to deal with this flu, is simply not to catch it.
The Grim Reaper is coming to get you one day, whether you like it or not.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 AM

519 posts, read 586,748 times
Quote:

Wow, that's like having a bullet-proof vest for a game of paintball.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,774,616 times
Quote:

Take off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness