U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM

3,890 posts, read 9,638,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I have read over a dozen articles on the trio-holding version of this strain and past cases indicate any virus strain that hosts three strains types is much more likely to mutate. Remember, a viruse's sole reason to exist is to survive and thrive.

In the article I read two days ago, the fact this hosts human flu, swine and bird flu is phenomenal. Here is what that article indicated COULD (not WILL) happen

The bird flu killed 60% of those who caught it this we know as FACT, but the only way it was caught back in 2002 was directly from birds. Now you add an element of human virus and it can be caught human to human. But right now the bird virus part is minimal so it is not 60% deadly. HOWEVER, the bird virus portion of the trio is the dominant strain of the trio. The strongest most durable, "male" type. It is laying in the background of the trio at this time, but it is there. The bird flu portion COULD eventually take over the trio, and use the human portion of the virus to host itself in humans thus rendering it again 60% deadly and now highly contagious from human to human. He broke it down scientifically. He said it is highly possible to happen if they allow it to spread.

This is WHY the CDC and WHO are taking this so damn serious and rightfully so.

Right now this might be thought to be your aberage garden variety flu, but that could change in a moments notice. If you don't believe me, ask yourself why they are treating this one sooooooooo much more differently. Really, ask yourself. The above is why, I believe.

Cite some sources if you are going to post this propaganda....not "I read somewhere"

The reason the CDC and WHO are taking this seriously is because of the potential for pandemic. Go look up the definition of "pandemic". For the WHO to consider a disease a pandemic it basically needs to meet a few criteria which this current flu seems to be doing. It needs to be a "disease not seen before", "potential for human to human transmission" , "affect young and healthy", "potentially severe illness", "worldwide spread"

Your interpretation of how this mongrel flu variant "might" evolve is pure conjecture and yet you offer it up as fact. I would love to see one reputable source that proves that this flu is "primarily avian" as you assert.

So much is still not known about this flu but you keep fanning the flames of fear. Why???

A few days ago you predicted worldwide spread and deaths within days....has that happened??

I've seen you and other posters state that numbers of confirmed cases would continue to double daily. Hasn't happened....

You've tried to assert that your adopted state would be affected quickly and jumped the gun at one point stating the "virus was here in NC"....wasn't true...

Until more is known why keep fanning the flames??? What possible purpose does it serve?

Maybe this will be the BIG ONE (doubt it)

Or maybe, as many scientists are now beginning to think, many thousands of Mexicans were infected with this virus and 100 or so deaths attributed to this represent a tiny fraction of that number making this flu potentially less lethal than the average human flu variant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 03:38 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,970,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Cite some sources if you are going to post this propaganda....not "I read somewhere"

The reason the CDC and WHO are taking this seriously is because of the potential for pandemic. Go look up the definition of "pandemic". For the WHO to consider a disease a pandemic it basically needs to meet a few criteria which this current flu seems to be doing. It needs to be a "disease not seen before", "potential for human to human transmission" , "affect young and healthy", "potentially severe illness", "worldwide spread"

Your interpretation of how this mongrel flu variant "might" evolve is pure conjecture and yet you offer it up as fact. I would love to see one reputable source that proves that this flu is "primarily avian" as you assert.

So much is still not known about this flu but you keep fanning the flames of fear. Why???

A few days ago you predicted worldwide spread and deaths within days....has that happened??

I've seen you and other posters state that numbers of confirmed cases would continue to double daily. Hasn't happened....

You've tried to assert that your adopted state would be affected quickly and jumped the gun at one point stating the "virus was here in NC"....wasn't true...

Until more is known why keep fanning the flames??? What possible purpose does it serve?

Maybe this will be the BIG ONE (doubt it)

Or maybe, as many scientists are now beginning to think, many thousands of Mexicans were infected with this virus and 100 or so deaths attributed to this represent a tiny fraction of that number making this flu potentially less lethal than the average human flu variant...
Doing this makes some people have a feeling of self-importance, as if they know something the rest of us don't. It's attention-seeking behavior, that's all.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:48 PM

43,012 posts, read 83,631,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Thirty some odd thousand plus people die of the flu each and every year. How come WHO and the CDC doesn't involve themselves with that? How come the media doesn't focus on that? How come they are so focused on getting billions of people riled up over several deaths?
With this new strain, the population does not have immunity due to prior exposure to the virus or immunizations like they do with the viruses that cause 30,000 some odd thousand people to die. THAT MEANS a far greater number of people could die from this strain than the usual number of deaths each year.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:58 PM

3,690 posts, read 9,503,025 times
Immunity, or lack there of, does not automatically mean a fatality.

It could mean that more people will catch it, but if the virus is not very virulent, then - few fatalities

Old 04-30-2009, 04:00 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,333,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

The reason the CDC and WHO are taking this seriously is because of the potential for pandemic. Go look up the definition of "pandemic". For the WHO to consider a disease a pandemic it basically needs to meet a few criteria which this current flu seems to be doing. It needs to be a "disease not seen before", "potential for human to human transmission" , "affect young and healthy", "potentially severe illness", "worldwide spread" They are taking it seriously due to the reasons I listed in my last post. That is my opinion based on my readings. you can believe it or not. Remember the 1918 flu was very mild when it first came through, then it mutated. The avian virus is present in this trio. It is takes over and uses the human strain already in the mix, all bets are off.

Your interpretation of how this mongrel flu variant "might" evolve is pure conjecture and yet you offer it up as fact. I would love to see one reputable source that proves that this flu is "primarily avian" as you assert. Not what I implied at all, you have selective reading skills. I said the Avian flu is present in this trio strain. It is laying in the background at this time. However, of the three viruses, Avian is the "male dominant" meaning it could adapt to become the dominant strain of the trio. I never implied this is an Avian flu. just that is it present, making it potentially dangerous. Please do not take my posts out of context. If you wish to comment on them, actually read them slow and thoroughly.

A few days ago you predicted worldwide spread and deaths within days....has that happened?? Please reference this claim. my prediction was based on the final numbers when this is all over, not to this point in time. You have taken this prediction out of context, as usual. I stand by my prediction of 25,000 dead in the US and 1 million worldwide. That is not a prediction for RIGHT NOW, as you have made it seem here.

I've seen you and other posters state that numbers of confirmed cases would continue to double daily. Hasn't happened.... BS, more lies, my posts are there for your review.

You've tried to assert that your adopted state would be affected quickly and jumped the gun at one point stating the "virus was here in NC"....wasn't true... I was citing the Charlotte Times, as they had reported it was here and numerous suspected cases about the state. Am I responsible for their mis-report? The withdrew the story, AFTER I reported it here. I watch the news 24-7 and when news breaks, I post it.

Maybe this will be the BIG ONE (doubt it) From my readings, it is 50/50, all based on my post above.

Or maybe, as many scientists are now beginning to think, many thousands of Mexicans were infected with this virus and 100 or so deaths attributed to this represent a tiny fraction of that number making this flu potentially less lethal than the average human flu variant... At this very time, I agree, but again a viruse's sole purpose is to survive and thrive and mutations are possible and probable.
Please provide links to my past posts, do not spread rumors. Thank you!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:00 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,970,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
With this new strain, the population does not have immunity due to prior exposure to the virus or immunizations like they do with the viruses that cause 30,000 some odd thousand people to die. THAT MEANS a far greater number of people could die from this strain than the usual number of deaths each year.
Tsk tsk tsk...people, people...do you (and not just you to whom I respond, but the collective panicking paranoid "you" out there as well) have to keep passing around such sensationalistic comments?

Only 7 swine flu deaths, not 152, says WHO | smh.com.au

Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM

2,613 posts, read 6,074,441 times
1. Yell "FIRE!" in crowded theater.

2. Get major malware media to pretend it's real.

3. Recite "The Story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf" 100 times, you must know it by heart.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:08 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,333,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Tsk tsk tsk...people, people...do you (and not just you to whom I respond, but the collective panicking paranoid "you" out there as well) have to keep passing around such sensationalistic comments?

Wow, great news! I hope it is accurate! If proven true, I might take off my bio hazrd suit and venture out in public again

Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM

43,012 posts, read 83,631,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post

I'm not talking about current deaths. I'm talking about the potential over the next two years IF it comes in waves as WHO fears.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:25 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,500,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Wow, great news! I hope it is accurate! If proven true, I might take off my bio hazrd suit and venture out in public again

I read on WHO and CDC and a couple other places that there were actually less than 100 cases in Mexico and only 9 of them died. And in the US there are 91 cases and only 1 has died.

Many of the confirmed cases so many speek of are mere speculation and not true at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness