Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 09:26 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Mexico, especially Mexico City, is rife with poverty, and where you have poverty, you have poor healthcare.
So, do you think we have stellar heathcare in the U.S.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
So, do you think we have stellar heathcare in the U.S.?
Healthcare? or Healthcare system?
We do have the best healthcare.
We might not have the best system, and this is open for discussion.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Healthcare? or Healthcare system?
We do have the best healthcare.
We might not have the best system, and this is open for discussion.
You worded it better than I did, that is what I meant.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:59 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,405 times
Default Some VERY Good news about Flu

A report just out said experts who have been breaking down the virus said it lacks certain proteins to become a super bug seen in past pandemics. However, they cautioned that all other elements were still in place for the virus to possibly mutated. They noted this was still very good news at it likely means the virus will not be super deadly the way it is structured now.

I can't post a link because it was a yahoo story that is one of their videos, with no link page. You can open yahoo's front page and find it listed under their current news stories. It was just released a few hours ago.

So it's not over yet, but this is a good sign.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Always good to hear good news, but time will tell. I don't like this thing. I wonder if our country is using enough precautions. The world health organization seems to be on the ball, but I am a little concerned that our government is still allowing so much travel. It won't do any good to close the door after the bugs are already inside.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyouth View Post
All you have is whisky? I prefer scotch. Such is life.
I usually do, but I drank all of it Time for the cheap stuff.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:15 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Doi you really think that the WHO reports are useful to judge how bad it is? Doesn't their reports conflict with their stage at this point?On a note about our governments actions. I saw a Tv report at a crossing which stated that our agents were not allowed to wear mask when in contact with the public except when they saw a suspected person. Then you could see mexican border agents checking the same people wearing their mask. When the policy was revealed the government quickly changed the order to allow our agents to wear their mask. This is a government we are supposed to have confidence in?Worried more about how things look than reality and danger to their personell. You really have to wander about the competitance of people making such decisions. The look at homeland securities statement on our passive observations and when called on it changing the term to active observation Politcal correctness interferring with reality. Biden got in trouble for basically saying what he thought altho it may not have been wise but it was I am sure what he actaully thought.It was later politcally corrected as to what he really meant by the press secretary. Give us a break we are not stupid.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Aren't we supposed to be posting everything to do with the flu in the sticky rather than starting new threads???

Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 AM

985 posts, read 2,600,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Doi you really think that the WHO reports are useful to judge how bad it is? Doesn't their reports conflict with their stage at this point?On a note about our governments actions. I saw a Tv report at a crossing which stated that our agents were not allowed to wear mask when in contact with the public except when they saw a suspected person. Then you could see mexican border agents checking the same people wearing their mask. When the policy was revealed the government quickly changed the order to allow our agents to wear their mask. This is a government we are supposed to have confidence in?Worried more about how things look than reality and danger to their personell. You really have to wander about the competitance of people making such decisions. The look at homeland securities statement on our passive observations and when called on it changing the term to active observation Politcal correctness interferring with reality. Biden got in trouble for basically saying what he thought altho it may not have been wise but it was I am sure what he actaully thought.It was later politcally corrected as to what he really meant by the press secretary. Give us a break we are not stupid.
The WHO pandemic stages have absolutely nothing to do with the severity of the virus. All stage 5 says is that the virus can spread from human to human and that outbreaks have occurred in more than one country.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:11 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Aren't we supposed to be posting everything to do with the flu in the sticky rather than starting new threads???
Nope, maybe not, this could be for those who still have their finger on the "reality check" button. Fools we may be considered, but it certainly wouldn't help if we all got caught up in the seeming paranoia of it all, some of us may just be keeping a sense of perspective about us for the time being, and could be taking our own precautions or preventative measures in our own way while waiting to see what develops. Some people could be deeply concerned and anxious, which is their prerogative, while others may be looking at it a little more 'level headed' if you like, which is their prerogative also, I'm one of the latter at this point in time. We're all individuals, and as such we'll all have a differing perspective on some things, and feel an obligation, or a need to express it, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness