Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,241 times

Advertisements

Some additional things that may help...

Gluten/Casein free diet
Specific Carbohydrate diet
Avoid MSG (sneaked in as 'hydrolyzed protein or yeast' etc.)
Avoid aspartame, saccharin, etc. (try stevia instead)
Avoid processed foods and additives
Organic diet

Also check out this thread.
The many names of MSG

Last edited by nomore07; 04-28-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Maybe for some but for me that's like eating acid as oats are terrible to me as my stomach burns for hours after eating them and other grains .
You could be gluten sensitive (like Celiac disease) or sensitive to glutamic acid. Grains are high in natural glutamic acid, the same chemical that synthetic MSG is made from.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:42 PM

244 posts, read 717,772 times
Hot Peppermint or Chamomile Tea! Not stressing(is that possible?) avoid artificial sweetener & dairy. Good Luck. I know for me it is a day by day thing as to how bad it gets

Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Whatever you CRAVE is what you should avoid. It's unfortunate but true. Also don't expect a conventional medical doctor to make you well. Medical doctors are trained in Allopathic medicine the main goal of which is to treat SYMPTOMS and to help the patient LIVE WITH THE DISEASE with drugs and surgery.

If you don't want to have to live with the disease and would like to GET RID OF IT you need to go see the kinds of doctors who are trained to help you do so which happen to be Naturopathic Physicians. These doctors spend just as many years in medical school however their focus is on learning how to make a patient completely WELL AGAIN by figuring out the CAUSE of the problem and then putting you on a SAFE natural treatment regime which will ELIMINATE the cause and thereby get rid of the disease. There is no money in Naturopathy because patients actually get their health back (instead of having to be on Rx the rest of their lives) which may explain why it isn't as popular in a country where making money is more important than anything. Certainly a medical doctor makes more money helping a patient live with their disease their whole life than a Naturopath does restoring a person to robust health in a matter of months.

My naturopaths do phone appts all over the world. You can fax in medical records to them. They had one of their patients on their radio show once who had been IBS free for 10 years thanks to them. Their website is www.holistichealthline.com. Contact them and ask them what their success rate is with patients with IBS and ask what you might expect with their help. I know they charge a whopping $100 or so for an initial appt where they spend nearly an hour with you. They look over your ENTIRE health history and put you on a customized program. They are VERY generous with their knowledge and they have a track record like no other curing so-called "incurable" (by conventional medicine) diseases for the past 30 years.

Whatever you do, stop doing the same thing (going to medical doctors) over and over again and expecting different results. It is the definition of insanity. All you can expect from medical doctors is to help you LIVE WITH the IBS for the rest of your life. That is all they have ever been trained to do.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
I noticed there was a pretty lengthy article in this month's (June issue) Good Housekeeping magazine. Those of you who battle this might want to pick it up. It looked like a good article.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,119 times
HI! I'm 18 going on 19 I Know how you feel. I've had IBS since I was 8! I never Knew till I was 16! The dumb docters thought I was FAKING IT! I have been through all sourts of tests and blood work. It feels good to talk about it with some one who has it!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:30 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
butterfly, I asked previously if you had other ailments and you answered no.

So now we have anxiety, painful skin and IBS. I ask again, anything else?

Your problems could all be related. This is why I ask.
It sounds like the OP is reading a list of celiac disease symptoms.

Butterfly - Celiac disease is basically a systemic manifestation of a wheat gluten allergy. Look it up. You may want to try going 100% gluten free to see if your symptoms do not improve.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:06 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I control my IBS with "Librax" and went so far as Fennel tea, sourdough bread, very bland diet for weeks to get it under control. Go to Irritable Bowel Syndrome ~ Help For IBS Treatments & Education. I bought the book "Eating for IBS", but needed the meds too.

Good luck!!
Watch out with that Librax, it's very addictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness