Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:17 PM

19,247 posts, read 15,127,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
That is so sad, she thought going the medical route would help her and it made it worse. I hope she recovers soon. I personally do other things to keep fit, but I understand why others go the medical route.
That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Don't think it's so bad; you could even make it worse. (This same SIL even told me about how a friend of theirs had a facelift, and her husband was so sad because it didn't even look like his wife anymore, he couldn't recognize her! He was really sad about it. My SIL told me this as if she was really saddened by this, but then she went ahead and did it herself.)

Anyway, one of the most important things I've learned in life (I'm so wise ), is that I hate regret. I know there's always going to be something that you might tend to regret, just because you make mistakes along the way. But that's normal. This kind of regret, when you give up your health and bodily comfort, because of some aesthetic reason (about which there is a lot of outside pressure), is so awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
From what I understand there is no way to correct liposuction. If you gain any weight, the remaining fat cells will just get bigger. So even if you don't look fat, you will have weird lumps all over your body. I guess you could just get them sucked out, too, but where will the *** go? Will it just dissolve in your blood? ick
Yes, that sounds familiar. She just seemed to get bigger overall. Even her face. Like I said, she's very pretty and has a good body, but overall she just seemed to get bigger, and after all that!!! It just seems scary and depressing to me.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
From my understanding it takes about 6 months or more to fully recover from a tummy tuck... and that is one nasty scar. Hope she ends up better with some more time. I'd love to have lipo but I'm too scared, I'd be the one to have something happen.
Yeah, at the time, she said she was happy with the way she looked in clothes, but I guess there's going to be an obvious scar.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Was the guy board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery ? That is the only official board.

From what I have heard in regards to liposuction the best one is the original liposuction since it has been tried and used so often. The other news ones are still in the experimental phases in regards to efficiency and safety. They've been approved for use but there is still a lot surgeons don't know about it.
I can only assume he was. They live a pretty good lifestyle, so I can't imagine she would skimp on this kind of thing. Any more than that, I can't say.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,683,234 times
I have taken care of my mom recover from both her procedures. the first was back in...85 maybe 86. she had a TT, facelift and lipo

TT went ok...the facelift was ok...as long as you didn't see her scars....her lipo was awful. She's bumpy. And yes the fat goes other places...so at 70 her boobs are bigger than ever! *sigh* Maybe a B
her Doc was/is a renowned surgeon...it's just how her body reacted to the lipo.
Post surgery she scared the crap out of my kids..
Look! Gramas head is a basketball!!!!

Her 2nd procedure was in 1998? She had a dermabrasion....she looked like an open wound....
To this day I believe she should have never had the 2nd procedure...she also has tattooed on lips and eyeliner...because somewhere in this 2nd procedure the definition of her lips dissappeared
I don't begrudge her...I just never thought my mom was this vain.
However, nope, not for me. i will sag with grace

Both of her Docs were/are BC and reccommended/certified.....etc...

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
Lipo, depending upon how much is done, and certainly combined with a TT, can be a lot more strenuous on your body than people realize. I haven't had it done, but have seen my friend's healing process (immense, dark bruising, pain, etc.) It's not something you just pop in and have done at lunch; it's a major procedure. And a TT can take 9 months to a year before it completely heals.
I know I keep repeating myself, but that's what I mean; it's made to look like, Come on in, we'll do you up and then your life will be spectacular.

It's a serious thing.

Regarding the 9 months to a year, I certainly hope so, and that it will turn out okay for her.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
I have taken care of my mom recover from both her procedures. the first was back in...85 maybe 86. she had a TT, facelift and lipo

TT went ok...the facelift was ok...as long as you didn't see her scars....her lipo was awful. She's bumpy. And yes the fat goes other places...so at 70 her boobs are bigger than ever! *sigh* Maybe a B
her Doc was/is a renowned surgeon...it's just how her body reacted to the lipo.
Post surgery she scared the crap out of my kids..
Look! Gramas head is a basketball!!!!

Her 2nd procedure was in 1998? She had a dermabrasion....she looked like an open wound....
To this day I believe she should have never had the 2nd procedure...she also has tattooed on lips and eyeliner...because somewhere in this 2nd procedure the definition of her lips dissappeared
I don't begrudge her...I just never thought my mom was this vain.
However, nope, not for me. i will sag with grace

Both of her Docs were/are BC and reccommended/certified.....etc...
Oh, my gosh, sueprnova, you look great! I have no idea how old you are, but your face is *alive*! You just look so happy and pretty and fresh and alive! But even if you didn't, it wouldn't matter; I would be glad to hear you say that. Some people look younger/older than others. Some people can sing/some can't. Some people can tell a great joke/others can't. We all have our thing.

I'm having a few drinks and getting a bit sappy.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,683,234 times
Sea, you are too kind!
*yay* for having drinks...and if you look at me close enough.... you will see a happy 46 yr old grama
Pickled!
I honor my WHITE hairs...no gray for me! I earned every friggin one of them!

My mom taked me into one procedure when I was 25... had a facial peel...not the kind that makes you peel like a light sunburn...
I had the kind where you are a SCAB for 2 weeks...
They painted the acid on my face and I wanted to die....
1st and last time....

Old 05-02-2009, 12:06 AM

670 posts, read 2,110,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I know I keep repeating myself, but that's what I mean; it's made to look like, Come on in, we'll do you up and then your life will be spectacular.

It's a serious thing.

Regarding the 9 months to a year, I certainly hope so, and that it will turn out okay for her.
How many months has it been since she had the procedures done?

Old 05-02-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Sea, you are too kind!
*yay* for having drinks...and if you look at me close enough.... you will see a happy 46 yr old grama
Pickled!
I honor my WHITE hairs...no gray for me! I earned every friggin one of them!

My mom taked me into one procedure when I was 25... had a facial peel...not the kind that makes you peel like a light sunburn...
I had the kind where you are a SCAB for 2 weeks...
They painted the acid on my face and I wanted to die....
1st and last time....
I also think the happiness has a lot to do with it.

Yes, I've heard about that procedure, too. I remember reading a woman's account of her experience with it in a woman's magazine about the time you had it (I'm 45). They were very truthful about the consequences, and then went on about the glowing, youthful, baby skin they had afterwards. I can imagine.

I just read recently about an older actress/sex symbol (I won't mention her name) who claimed that if you start having plastic surgery before you actually need it, it works much better, which I can see, but still... alrighty, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness