Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2007, 12:34 PM

786 posts, read 4,732,562 times

Advertisements

I was a mess six months ago. I felt like I was 70 years old but was only 49. I could not sleep and had no energy. I was sore all over. I was stiff all over and felt terrible. I also had a huge belly and basically no strength. My posture was terrible. I walked like an old man.

I decided I was going to excercise for 20 minutes every day of the week. I started slow but still was very sore the day after but I kept at it. As each week passed I felt a little bit better and was stronger and more flexible. I was able to work out longer without breaking a sweat. I was also not as sore the next day. Now six months later I feel great and have really made progress. All it took was 20 minutes a day.

My belly is not gone and I do not look like a body builder, but there is progress.

Anyone else relate to my situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 12:41 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I can totally relate, Dingler.

I was about the same age when I started excercising about 3 years ago. I had all these aches and pains, was slightly overweight (still not where I'd like to be, but I can't give up sweets!), and I complained about every little thing.

I started out at Curves, which is a 30-min. program for women only. It's a good program to begin with, but after about a year and a half, I knew I needed more and started at the gym. Even hubby is surprised at what I can lift now and the shape I'm in.

I feel better now than I did at 30!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,736 times
Congrats to both of you! What great posts, and an inspiration!! It just shows that even baby steps make a world of difference!! So wonderful!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness