Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,697 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anybody here is on Remicade for RA and what your experience has been like. Does your insurance cover it? I'm waiting to see if Humana Gold Choice Part B will cover it or if I'm in for another battle, too, with insurance as I was with the Enbrel....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Bumping this thread. I take Remicade for AS. interested in all issues about this excellent medication in my experience.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:06 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
Check it out here to see what those who have taken it say..
Ask a Patient: Medicine Ratings and Health Care Opinions

Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM

245 posts, read 956,060 times
My husband just started Remicade infusion today at his Rheumy's office for AS. He is absolutely terrified of the side effects it could potentially have. He's already tried Methotrexate twice and he's given himself Humira injections. AS is in the same family as RA. I'd also like to hear how people have done on it. I'll add anything if my husband starts noticing anything positive or negative. He goes again in 2 weeks. I believe it took about 3 hours to complete the infusion.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Bumping this thread. I take Remicade for AS. interested in all issues about this excellent medication in my experience.
I just realized this is an older thread.

How long have you been on Remicade for your AS? Are you still on it?

As I just stated my husband just started it for his AS after trying MTX and Humira. How has it improved your life? Pain, quality of life, mobility?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 PM

462 posts, read 1,210,437 times
I've known 2 people on Remicade for Crohns. One died from lymphoma as a result (male early 20's) and one contracted multiple myeloma, which is now under control (female, 40's). Scary drug.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCPA View Post
I've known 2 people on Remicade for Crohns. One died from lymphoma as a result (male early 20's) and one contracted multiple myeloma, which is now under control (female, 40's). Scary drug.
Yes, it is a very scary drug! I read the link that someone provided on other patient's experiences with it. While some have thought it a wonder drug, other's have suffered some terrible, permanent side effects, plus it's made with mouse urine, or mouse cells....not positive exactly, I have to research that a bit more.

But, my husband had his first treatment and didn't suffer any bad side effects. He actually walked out of there without the pain in his mid back and ribs, where his AS is pretty severe. His flexibility is much better today also. For someone that is still fairly young and has suffered from chronic pain and the ability to just put your socks and shoes on is a big production....well needless to say he's thrilled, even though at the same time he's terrified of getting cancer.

I myself, probably would be too terrified to take that type of drug. But then again I do not have chronic pain from an incurable condition so it's easy for me to say no way to Remicade. Not until you walk in someone else's shoes can you truly know what choice you'd make.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:30 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
My friend's husband is on this...and it works great for him. However, his (very good) insurance requires him to pay about $600 every time he is infused.....few insurances will cover the entire price (unless you're a Congressman).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness