Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
If you were suppose to smoke it EVERYDAY, it would not take 3 months to grow to mature. I believe in operation with the natural life around you.
Fruits and vegetables don't grow in a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Fruits and vegetables don't grow in a day.
Yes they don't. But there are all types of food you can eat and good nutrition that is healthy for your body picks from all the season's harvests. One of the reasons I KNOW its an issue is because anyone who smokes refuses to admit that it may affect health. That is the sign of addiction. There is a reason why you cough. Your body is rejecting it. Lungs are made for oxygen.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,725,818 times
I wrote a long reply to your post yesterday and asked that it be deleted as i absolutely do not want to engage in a debate about marijuana but this is a part of the post that i feel compelled to "share".

There is no such thing as a "false creation".
You have a rigid and purist notion in this regard and it seems a lack of experiential understanding of the creative process, what art is and what it is to be an artist.
You are suggesting that Miles Davis (for example) has given the world "false creations".
How 'bout the Beatles? False creations?
Picasso?
Samuel Beckett?
Allen Ginsburg?
Diego Rivera?
The list of brilliant artists .... painters, poets, writers, musicians who smoke (or smoked) marijuana - as well as many, many brilliant philosophers, and intellectuals / academics (including a couple of nobel prize winners) - is a very, very long one.
And since you think that pot and alcohol are "the same" (they are absolutely not!) then i'll ask you if you think that Ernest Hemingway also gave the world "false creations"?
Dylan Thomas? William Faulkner? James Joyce? (The list of brilliant writers who were alcoholics is also a very long one.)

And ... that is some very interesting logic regarding the growth cycle of a plant.
Do you feel the same way about other herbs and spices?
Should we avoid cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg?
Ginger root?
Should we not eat potatoes?
Drink wine?
etc., etc..

That's all.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 AM

11 posts, read 29,290 times
Default 100% Hair Loss Treatment?

Generic propecia and original Propecia is on average measured a very safe and resonance drug, and very hardly any people have statement side effects. A bulky quantity of those that do observe side effects are only awfully mild.

Propecia | generic Propecia | hair loss treatment

Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I'm think it's safe to say that you're not speaking from direct experience.
Marijuana can be, if used skillfully / wisely, beneficial on a number of "levels" and, needless to say, it's a god send for those suffering from various medical conditions.
And there are many people who smoke on a regular basis but that doesn't mean that they are smoking throughout the day ... some are and some are not. Who cares? Not me.
I don't think pitt is denying any of those who have a medical condition to smoke weed. She is against recreational use. Please list these benefits on a number of "levels".

Quote:
To compare marijuana to alcohol is ridiculous.
There is no comparison.
There is no comparison as they are two different things and two different issues. Yet pro-marijuanas love to compare the dangers of alcohol to marijuana

Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yes they don't. But there are all types of food you can eat and good nutrition that is healthy for your body picks from all the season's harvests. One of the reasons I KNOW its an issue is because anyone who smokes refuses to admit that it may affect health. That is the sign of addiction. There is a reason why you cough. Your body is rejecting it. Lungs are made for oxygen.
Honestly, I would have more respect for pot smokers if they said straight out that "smoking weed COULD cause some bodily harm, but we still gonna do it" rather than be defensive and push the case that weed is the miraculous drug without any side effects and all that jazz.

Everything has a negative side effect.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM

797 posts, read 3,580,425 times
Wow, pitt transplant really has no clue. I am amazed there are people that ignorant.

ANyway, whoever mentioned wanting a vaporizer but not wanting to pay $550+ for a Volcano, check out the Arizer Extreme Q from Home | Arizer

Its a phenomenal vap, with digital readout ,whips, and balloons. Only $299 (but you can get it on ebay for less than $250!).

Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 5,876 times
Marijuana *can* cause hair loss. Speaking from personal experience, I'll try to explain myself foregoing anyone attempting to call me a Christian or fundamentalist. Truth be told, I just stopped smoking pot on a daily basis recently as a last resort because I, too, love weed.

* When I started smoking pot *daily* I noticed that my hair didn't recede, as you see in most Male Pattern Baldness, it just thinned out. Everywhere. Eyebrows, arm hair, scalp hair, etc. The sides of my head sometimes also look like they are thinning when compared to photos predating my daily weed consumption. I first considered that I was getting older and so it should be natural. Except no receding occured, a la MPB. This is an important point since diffuse thinning across the scalp is more related to a condition called "Telogen Effluvium" than it is MPB.

* Weed is known to effect Testosterone. Some quickly point out that weed *lowers* Testosterone. This is true, but our hormones compete. If you do your research, you'll quickly find out that Estrogen will try to "take over", so to speak, and the Testosterone is forced to spike (and sometimes surpass previous levels for a period of time). This can help to explain why people sometimes get a little irritable and develop acne after their high is gone, or withdrawn from. Some people experience these symptoms of withdrawal, others don't, and others are simply oblivious to it. So if Testosterone is peaking all the time, it's also possible that DHT (a hair follicle's arch enemy) is also peaking causing miniaturization of the hair follicles.

* Other people have suggested that "hydro" weed has some pretty terrible chemicals in it. From that, you can deduce that it is possible that it, too, could effect your very fragile hair follicles.

* Others will point to a vapourizer as a safe balance. I have only smoked from a vapourizer (iolite model) for the past year with no improvement. If the issue is chemicals or hormones, a vapourizer isn't going to help much. You'll breathe better, which is a great thing.

* I've noticed that some people who are prone to anxiety are also experiencing the hair loss. Stress + hair loss. Possible connection. If you've experienced panic attacks while high and are experiencing hair loss, consider that connection.

I've read a lot of these "marijuana and hair loss" posts and whenever a fellow weed smoker joins the conversation they almost always post a photo of Bob Marley as their proof, or talk about the acres of people they know who smoke pot and have no issues. I debate that point since I know plenty of people who lose hair doing absolutely no drugs and plenty who do and are practically bald. People who are balding don't generally go around telling everyone every second, so there is some artifice here, it appears.

I'm discouraged by many of the weed smoker's comments regarding this issue, as I generally consider weed smokers as truth-seekers, to an extent. It seems truth is no longer sought when a vice is possibly the cause.

Studies have shown that smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol can cause hair loss. People will often cite that no such proof exists for marijuana and therefore conclude that there is no connection. Note that marijuana is considered a Schedule 1 drug federally in the US (most medical research funding occurs or is at least partially maintained within the US). A Schedule 1 drug cannot be studied, or possessed in any fashion making it hard for wouldbe legitimate medical researchers to investigate any connections, since they would go to jail.

So, again, let science speak on this subject. You are not everybody and Bob Marley isn't, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness