Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:13 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,645,590 times

Advertisements

See your doctor asap. Horizontal ridges can indicate a health problem. You will want to rule this out first. Nails are a good indicator of your health.

Vertical nail ridging: A cause for concern? - MayoClinic.com

What Causes Ridges in Fingernails and What You Can Do About Them - Associated Content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 02:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,759 times
hi.........
If you see faint little short streaks that look almost like splinters, that's from a blow to your nail, usually.
Ridges are normal if they are vertical, but horizontal lines and nail "waviness" can be from vitamin deficiency or other chemical imbalance in your system.so u must use organic vitamins.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,759 times
Yes,Vitamin Deficiencies is the main reason ingrown finger nail.So we must use all below treatment.Regular pedicure sessions at a salon or at home will keep your feet clean and hygienic.If visiting a salon,carry your own pedicure equipment.
Moderator cut: not allowed

Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,200 times
I have this same thing--worse on one thumbnail (left), but it occurs on both and sometimes a little bit on one index finger (right) and a little on one pinkie (left). A very small being traveling from the nail bed to the tip of my nail would have to travel up over a large lump, down into a deep valley then up another small hill to the nail tip, encountering a slight downhill just before the tip. This moves down the nail as it grows and then new horizontal bumps larger or smaller will form. When an uphill portion grows out to the nail, it curves up and I have to keep it very short as it feels disturbing. Also, if I push on the valley described above, it feels a little sensitive, but not painful. I thought it was possibly hormone related, but I don't know. I have seen a doctor--she just shrugs, no idea. My nails are generally very soft and I have to keep them very short as they tear and snag very easily. When I do let one grow out, it bends very easily. I was found to be extremely vitamin D deficient in 2005, have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune low thyroid) and Dermatitis Herpetiformis (a form of celiac). This is not right. I know something else must be going on, but what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness