U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:26 PM

428 posts, read 1,211,210 times

Advertisements

First off, If there was a Sex category, I'd post this there but there isnt one.

This is a weird question but something I have been curious for sometime.

Do blind people, like totally blind since birth, do they have ambiguos sexual preferences? Since they cant tell the difference between a man and a woman. Can they go for either? Or are they genetically predisposed for either one?

Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,184,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portorro View Post

Do blind people, like totally blind since birth, do they have ambiguos sexual preferences? Since they cant tell the difference between a man and a woman. Can they go for either? Or are they genetically predisposed for either one?

Just curious.
Why in the world (it's just fascinating) do you assume that someone who can't see cannot differentiate between a man and a woman?!!!
What do you think that the genetics involved in eyesight has anything to do with sexuality?
Why do you think sight has anything to do with sexual orientation?
Sexual orientation is internal ... it's not dependent on what visual stimulation you're presented with from the outside.
Visual stimulation is a factor in sex for sure ... more so if you're a male but that's a different scenario.
I'm assuming you're a guy and since men are extremely visual when it comes to sex, maybe you're making an erroneous connection between sight and sexual orientation.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 06-13-2009 at 11:59 AM..

Old 06-13-2009, 02:18 PM

1,605 posts, read 2,981,207 times
I am blind (not from birth) and have a LOT of blind since birth friends. I have three friends who are gay and over forty friends who are heterosexual.

Sexual orientation has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with blindness! Do you really think that blind people cannot differentiate between male and female? True, we have different things that attract us (like voice timbre, scent and the way a person moves) but even so it is NOT difficult to tell male from female!

People are attracted to a person and sexual attraction is not easily defined; but I can assure you that most blind adolescents have crushes on others at the exact same rate that 'normal' adolescents do.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:40 PM

428 posts, read 1,211,210 times
I feel you both were offended by my question. That was not the purpose. Its an honest question.
Thanks for your answers.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I feel you both were offended by my question. That was not the purpose. Its an honest question.
Thanks for your answers.
No, i wasn't offended. I don't know about the poster who is actually blind.
It's good to ask.
How's that saying go? "There are no stupid questions just stupid answers."
I was just teasing you a bit 'cause i was surprised at that line of thinking.
Sorry.
But now you know the answer

Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM

387 posts, read 1,451,013 times
Quote:

Just curious.
Um.... Blind people are just like everyone else they just can't see. A blind woman will be naturally attracted to a man, his scent, his voice, etc. It is not all based on what they can or cannot see. They can tell the difference. Especially the obvious differences. My mother was blind. I also know quite a few blind people.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,997 times
Hi, This is a bit strange to me, sharing my dreams on an open forum. I've always had a dream to marry or have a best friend that's VI. I've never been lucky enough to have a VI lady cross my life's journey. Where would I find such are oppurtunity to meet a VI lady that lives close by to me? I'm 55 years old and live in Marietta Ohio. Thanks in advance for any insight, Joe

Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 PM

19,651 posts, read 53,664,683 times
Joe, I think what you have is a fetish for VI, based on what you wrote. It's not healthy to indulge a fetish, soon it takes over your entire life.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:39 PM

What's a VI?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM

19,651 posts, read 53,664,683 times
Visually Impaired person, not necessarily totally blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness