U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 33,329,150 times
Reputation: 7038

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
A simple blood workup will shoe testosterone levels. He probably did that.

I take DHEA every day. It definitely works !
It certainly does. Remember the Androstine scandal with Mark McGuire? Same stuff.

I knew several guys who took DHEA in college. It's almost as profound as cycling steroids.

How old are you? Tell me more about DHEA, I only know about its abuse...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2009, 05:14 PM
 
466 posts, read 721,171 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
It certainly does. Remember the Androstine scandal with Mark McGuire? Same stuff.

I knew several guys who took DHEA in college. It's almost as profound as cycling steroids.

How old are you? Tell me more about DHEA, I only know about its abuse...

I'm forty seven and I only take 25 MG per day. Any more and I get mean and nasty. (but big if I work out)

Last edited by Just-Sayin; 06-18-2009 at 05:22 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
 
466 posts, read 721,171 times
Reputation: 274
DHEA replacement could play a role in prevention and treatment of the metabolic syndrome associated with abdominal obesity.


JAMA -- Abstract: Effect of DHEA on Abdominal Fat and Insulin Action in Elderly Women and Men: A Randomized Controlled Trial, November 10, 2004, Villareal and Holloszy 292 (18): 2243
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 33,329,150 times
Reputation: 7038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
DHEA replacement could play a role in prevention and treatment of the metabolic syndrome associated with abdominal obesity.


JAMA -- Abstract: Effect of DHEA on Abdominal Fat and Insulin Action in Elderly Women and Men: A Randomized Controlled Trial, November 10, 2004, Villareal and Holloszy 292 (18): 2243
That's actually very interesting...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2009, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Wyoming
9,164 posts, read 16,515,249 times
Reputation: 13349
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Anyone else have experience with testosterone therapy ?
I've been taking the monthly injections for 20 years, with a few years off. Yeah, I can tell when the month is up and it's time for another injection.

I tested with low T after a pituitary tumor was discovered.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2009, 09:12 AM
 
Location: orlando, fl
453 posts, read 1,922,532 times
Reputation: 251
DHEA <> androstene.
DHEA is commonly referred to as the 'mother of all hormones.' It doesn't raise just testosterone, but estrogen as well. It can also aromatize testosterone to estrogen through a different enzymatic reaction that most aromatase inhibitors are unable to stop. If you have symptons of low testosterone the worst thing you can do is self-medicate.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2009, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Broward County
2,518 posts, read 9,691,595 times
Reputation: 1333
I wonder how effective the compounding cream is to the injections. I have heard the androgel and creams are just effective...but they take a couple of weeks to start working until you are in the "therapeutic" level, where as injections start working right away.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2009, 03:43 PM
 
466 posts, read 721,171 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
DHEA <> androstene.
DHEA is commonly referred to as the 'mother of all hormones.' It doesn't raise just testosterone, but estrogen as well. It can also aromatize testosterone to estrogen through a different enzymatic reaction that most aromatase inhibitors are unable to stop. If you have symptons of low testosterone the worst thing you can do is self-medicate.

sooooo, is eating "self medicating" too ?

according to your logic it is.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2009, 05:31 PM
 
Location: orlando, fl
453 posts, read 1,922,532 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
sooooo, is eating "self medicating" too ?

according to your logic it is.
No.

Many of the symptons that are associated with low testosterone aren't necessarily due to low total testosterone. It can often be due to an imbalance of testosteront to estrogen (or even progesterone), high levels of SHBG, low LH, low FSH, etc. DHEA can certainly raise testosterone, but if the problem is high estrogen in relation to testosterone, DHEA will raise estrogen as well, plus the additional testosterone can increase aromatization, which would make the problem even worse.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Broward County
2,518 posts, read 9,691,595 times
Reputation: 1333
Well, after nearly 2 months on the T compounding cream, I went today for a follow up at the docs. Guess what ? My T count is LOWER than when I first started. I felt it too....no real change in the way I felt at all after starting the cream. Told the doc that enough is enough I want the good stuff so I can start feeling GOOD again. He prescribed me the Testosterone Cypionate injection. Will post a follow up here in about 2 months to let you know how thing are going.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top