U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:03 PM

2,903 posts, read 10,933,421 times

Advertisements

The intestinal pressure sounds like just that ... intestinal pressure ... no surprise given that antibiotics reek havoc.
Mod cut

Last edited by Viralmd; 03-03-2010 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Personal attack. You have been asked MANY times to REPORT attacks and NOT to respond to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 8,270 times
how do i take my doxycycline for it to work more effective

Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 8,169 times
Default I had a seizure because of this crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I had severe side effects to Doxycycline which required me to go to the ER last Wednesday. I have not taken a pill since about two pm that day. I still have plenty of side effects that have essentially kept me in bed since then. Does anybody have any idea of how much longer this CRAP is going to be in my body? Has anybody had similar experiences? I took this antibiotic for four days before everything got ugly.

Thanks in advance.
I ended up having a seizure because of this medication and since have not been able to get out of bed because I am afraid that I am going to have another seizure. I am epileptic and I had a cold and my doctor prescribed this crap to me for the cold the next day started taking them I ended up in the ER having a seizure and have not felt the same since I have never felt like this before. Before, I realized it was this medication that was doing this to me I have taken it for six days. So now it's been three days since i've been taking them but i'm still feeling like i'm going to have a seizure I have no one to take me to the doctor and I can't drive in this condition I need to know how long this will be in my system.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:07 PM

19,813 posts, read 24,291,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomingflowersnannys View Post
I ended up having a seizure because of this medication and since have not been able to get out of bed because I am afraid that I am going to have another seizure. I am epileptic and I had a cold and my doctor prescribed this crap to me for the cold the next day started taking them I ended up in the ER having a seizure and have not felt the same since I have never felt like this before. Before, I realized it was this medication that was doing this to me I have taken it for six days. So now it's been three days since i've been taking them but i'm still feeling like i'm going to have a seizure I have no one to take me to the doctor and I can't drive in this condition I need to know how long this will be in my system.
The "half life" of doxycycline is 18 to 22 hours. That means the blood level will drop by one half in that period of time. Forty percent of the dose will be gone in 72 hours. In another 72 hours, 40% of the remaining 40% will be gone, and so on. Some seizure medicines will cause it to be eliminated more quickly. This means the seizure med may make the antibiotic less effective. I cannot find anything suggesting the doxycycline might decrease the effectiveness of the seizure med. It is hard to know without knowing what other medications you are taking. It seems that the doxycycline may not be the actual cause of the seizure. It may have been the illness itself that did it.

You are wise not to drive until you find out what is going on. Have you called your doctor? Have you had a recent blood level of your antiseizure medicine? Have any other medicines beside the doxycycline been started or stopped? Give the doctor's office a call.

By the way, antibiotics are ineffective for "colds", which are caused by viruses. Unless your doctor thought there was a bacterial infection somewhere, the doxycycline was not indicated.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 5,771 times
i been taking doxycline for 2 month and a half now,due to a lot of side effect i been reading everywhere i want to quit using it but i am afraid my acne will getting worse than before if i do that,so what can i do now?please help me

Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasya View Post
i been taking doxycline for 2 month and a half now,due to a lot of side effect i been reading everywhere i want to quit using it but i am afraid my acne will getting worse than before if i do that,so what can i do now?please help me
Have you had any side effects personally? If not, there is no reason to quit taking it.

You should definitely talk to your doctor before stopping it.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,701 times
This article helped me alot.. Thank you to all of u... But does anyone know if it will b in my hair follicles? I have to yske a hair follicle drugscreen for a job and I three my prescription away...please help

Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive34 View Post
This article helped me alot.. Thank you to all of u... But does anyone know if it will b in my hair follicles? I have to yske a hair follicle drugscreen for a job and I three my prescription away...please help
Don't worry about it. Your drug screen for a job will not even include doxycycline.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM

9,208 posts, read 14,265,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive34 View Post

You can get a copy of the RX from the drug store...

Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 PM

11,457 posts, read 12,008,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shasya View Post
I'd rather have acne any day then go through the hell this drug put me through. If you're having bad side effects, then stop immediately. After my experience with this nasty antibiotic, I searched online and found many more people who had the exact same horror stories. Even if my life depended on it, I would ask the doc for another drug. Never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or