Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:52 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times

Advertisements

Use condoms and try not to have sex during the middle of your cycle.

Stay away from birth control the hormones are synthetic and WILL cause cancer later in life.

Do not get the HPV vaccine. It is dangerous. Don't let anyone tell you any different. I know 3 girls personally who's lives are ruined and one dead. Not to mention the many women on THIS forum who's daughter's are screwed up for the rest of their lives because of the vaccine.

Stay with one partner. Know your partner. Get tested BEFORE if possible WITH that partner. Where a condom EVERYTIME!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
who is actually planning on losing her virginity soon...lol

I've never dabbled w/ birth control before but some of my friends are on it & I actually want to get on it for the first time, I'm 20 yrs old (about to be 21 this Thursday), a college senior & have never used it before...will it be damaging to my "insides"? I need all the info I can get...Thanks
Your doctor is the right person to recommend that. Every body is different.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
like everyone has said see your doctor. I would personally use birth control pills they work great if you take them as directed. I took them for more than a decade and never had any trouble or pregnancies!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:03 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
Nuvaring works really well for me. All my period pain stopped, I lost weight, have shorter periods, no longer anemic, and gained half a cup size.

I'd call that a win.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:34 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
who is actually planning on losing her virginity soon...lol

I've never dabbled w/ birth control before but some of my friends are on it & I actually want to get on it for the first time, I'm 20 yrs old (about to be 21 this Thursday), a college senior & have never used it before...will it be damaging to my "insides"? I need all the info I can get...Thanks
You should see a GYN and get on whatever your choice is way before thinking of having sex. You might end up with side effects and would want to know asap. I used the pill years ago, it was horrible for my nerves/mood.

As far as damaging.. I don't think anyone knows the full affects of what things like birth control will do to us later on in life. There is a lot of cancers both breast & reproductive lately that I wouldn't doubt have something to do with birth control we used to take. I don't know what's different about it these days as I stopped back in the late 80's but everything usually has a consequence.

Having said that; you do what you have to do to keep yourself safe now.
I have a teen that will be going on BC soon; I don't know what we're doing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
In these days, I personally would use birth control pills and condoms, birth control pills of course keep you from getting pregnant when used properly but they don't keep you from getting an STD. If you plan on being sexually active, you want protection from both.
I agree with doubling up.
I have a teen daughter, I'm so afraid for her generation after seeing that episode of Private Practice where the teen boy didn't know he was HIV positive because his parents kept it from him. I wonder how many other kids don't know or don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Pap and pelvic with HPV screen and Gardasil vaccination. Condoms can help protect against STD.
If you have not had the vaccine and plan to, please do your research. There are a few posts here about side effects. I'm choosing to not vaccinate my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
NuvaRing is quite popular
I found a video if anyone is interested in how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have one child to show condoms don't always work even when they don't break, and one child to show birth control pills also don't always work even when you take them faithfully.
I have a birth control pill child.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:38 PM

112 posts, read 325,591 times
Hi I do say that it would be good to talk to a family practitioner or OB/GYN.

That being said, I was taking orthotricyclin (spelling?) and it made me very nauseous every time I started a new pack. I probably should have switched to a different brand...Although I know many people that used orthotricyclin with no problem.

I also tried the Patch. I actually really liked it. I was on that for two years before switching to Depo. I switched because I found that the patch was no longer as effective in sticking to my skin. I don't know why, it just seemed that after the first 1.5 years, the patch was coming off. I am an active person, but I don't think my level of activity significantly changed during the course of my usage.

Anyways,when I eventually switched to Depo and I loved it. No side effects..well, my arm was a little tender for about 1 hour after the shot..I stayed on Depo for 2 years. When I got off Depo, my cycle returned as scheduled. however, I know people who have had problem with Depo and breakthrough bleeding.

I also agree regardless of what you do, use condoms too. Also, if you have side effects talk to your doctor. I did consider the Ring, but I kept forgetting the thing in my fridge. So you will need to pick a method that matches your lifestyle.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM

Funny. My doctor warned me that birth control DOES cause many long term effects.

It doesn't take the "truth" to come out to know. It's common sense. You are taking synthetic hormones. Hmmm, could that be bad?

Here is just ONE site (there are TONS of books on the subject at any library)

Hormonal Birth Control: Side Effects of Birth Control & Birth Control Methods

When researching it's best not to use the search "side effects of birth control," instead use words like "synthetic" and "hormones" and "ENDOCRINOLOGY" Endocrinology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
Your doctor is the right person to recommend that. Every body is different.
well yeah, every body is different but all bodies are whole organisms that are adversely effected by hormonal interference.
to think that the doctor knows best is often erroneous.
i'm shocked that they now market birth control pills to young women by celebrating the fact that it reduces the number of periods a woman has each year.
really, really stupid.
and really, really dangerous.
and really, really lucrative for the manufacturers of these kinds of product.
so no, the doctor is definitely not the person to recommend which birth control is the right one.
it's up to this young woman to talk to other women, do her research and come to her own decision and then go to the doc and tell him/her what she needs.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
well yeah, every body is different but all bodies are whole organisms that are adversely effected by hormonal interference.
to think that the doctor knows best is often erroneous.
i'm shocked that they now market birth control pills to young women by celebrating the fact that it reduces the number of periods a woman has each year.
really, really stupid.
and really, really dangerous.
and really, really lucrative for the manufacturers of these kinds of product.
so no, the doctor is definitely not the person to recommend which birth control is the right one.
it's up to this young woman to talk to other women, do her research and come to her own decision and then go to the doc and tell him/her what she needs.

Totally and 100% agree because what you say is a fact!

So true!

Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 PM

466 posts, read 928,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Use condoms and try not to have sex during the middle of your cycle.

Stay away from birth control the hormones are synthetic and WILL cause cancer later in life.

Do not get the HPV vaccine. It is dangerous. Don't let anyone tell you any different. I know 3 girls personally who's lives are ruined and one dead. Not to mention the many women on THIS forum who's daughter's are screwed up for the rest of their lives because of the vaccine.

Stay with one partner. Know your partner. Get tested BEFORE if possible WITH that partner. Where a condom EVERYTIME!!!

Best advice here !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness