U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 AM

13,379 posts, read 40,674,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
The best place to be for a hot flash is in the car... you can turn on the a/c one minute, turn on the heat the next, open the windows; like it's meant for menopausal women.
heh
Yes.
At night, I get a lot of relief from my little tabletop fan. It's just a tiny little thing, but I have it blowing directly on my face and chest.

I have received real, genuine relief from this stuff:

Hot Flash

It's all natural. I take it for a few days. I do sometimes gain a few pounds in the week or so after I take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 AM

6,262 posts, read 17,236,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
heh
Yes.
At night, I get a lot of relief from my little tabletop fan. It's just a tiny little thing, but I have it blowing directly on my face and chest.

I have received real, genuine relief from this stuff:

Hot Flash

It's all natural. I take it for a few days. I do sometimes gain a few pounds in the week or so after I take it.
BlueWillow, a couple of questions regarding Hot Flash med: can I purchase them in a store, or do you know?
Are the pills large? If so, can they be crushed?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 AM

10,791 posts, read 7,627,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
If you think of hot flashes as "Glowing" you will feel better about them.
I should give that a try. All along I've been thinking of them as my own Personal Inner Pits of Hell.

My girlfriend tells me it's her inner child playing with matches.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 PM

24,813 posts, read 29,663,507 times
I had an episode this morning, and when I described it to my mom, she thought it was a hot flash! I'm 36! It started with abdominal pain, really low, near my c-section scar. I thought it was GI related, so I went to the bathroom. No diarrhea like I expected. I got so hot I took my shirt off. I had sweat literally dripping down my abdomen. I got so weak I couldn't sit up. I ended up laying on the floor in my underwear and left a puddle of sweat! I don't know what I would have done if I had been out in public! Does this sound like a hot flash? Anyone else have abdominal pain with theirs?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM

6,262 posts, read 17,236,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I had an episode this morning, and when I described it to my mom, she thought it was a hot flash! I'm 36! It started with abdominal pain, really low, near my c-section scar. I thought it was GI related, so I went to the bathroom. No diarrhea like I expected. I got so hot I took my shirt off. I had sweat literally dripping down my abdomen. I got so weak I couldn't sit up. I ended up laying on the floor in my underwear and left a puddle of sweat! I don't know what I would have done if I had been out in public! Does this sound like a hot flash? Anyone else have abdominal pain with theirs?
doesn't sound like my hot flashes nor those of my friends.
Your experience sounds ghastly! If that happens again you might want to go to a doctor ASAP

Old 11-09-2009, 03:20 PM

5,297 posts, read 9,714,717 times
My hot flashes were mild compared to many you all have described. But don't hate me. 'cause I got nailed a different way--with the sensation of little bugs or mild electrical shocks crawling under my skin--especially my legs. Very weird feeling. Itchy, painful, even, but un-scratchable. Kept me awake many a night. Found out that this feeling is not uncommon and is caused by hormone fluctuations...

Sure glad they're gone...

Old 11-13-2009, 01:28 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,300,468 times
Ugh, I've been dealing with them now for about a month. They are AWFUL! Mine don't stop, there is no flash. All it is is walking around in a cold sweat all day.

I went to my Dr and he gave me a prescription for something called Angeliq. I haven't filled it yet, as I am hoping that stress is causing this.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:23 PM

8,668 posts, read 20,186,088 times
Talking Just to re-visit this subject again....

Has anyone used the estroven or other herbal or soy based products with any success? From what I've researched, generally they haven't found them to be much better than a placebo, but does anyone care to differ?

I'm just beginning to have mild hot flashes (compared to some) but they are fairly frequent and I would like to know if anyone feels that some of this stuff may actually work despite the studies.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 PM

21,552 posts, read 30,020,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Has anyone used the estroven or other herbal or soy based products with any success? From what I've researched, generally they haven't found them to be much better than a placebo, but does anyone care to differ?

I'm just beginning to have mild hot flashes (compared to some) but they are fairly frequent and I would like to know if anyone feels that some of this stuff may actually work despite the studies.
Yes I took them for a few years, at first they helped a lot then they seem to play out, like I built up to them. Try some, get the generic brand from Walmart. You have my sympathy being hot is bad, but hot flashers are a nightmare!!! Let me know if you try them. Oh and sticking your head in the freezer works too

Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM

2,296 posts, read 4,616,321 times
I can't take any hormones because of a strong breast cancer history in my family. Can anyone recommend something to relieve the flushes at night? They're keeping me up and I need my sleep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness