U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:33 PM

32,533 posts, read 30,230,351 times

Advertisements

For me? Just minding my own business, not hurting anybody when WHAM!!!!!!!

Soaked with sweat. Drenched. Face turns read. Sweat pouring down my face. Neck wet. Arms wet. Legs wet. Boo... you get the picture.

Look in purse for Kleenex to sop up sweat with. No Kleenex. Already used up from hot flash two hours earlier. Drink water because I always have water even if everyone is saying all those plastic bottles are bad for the environment. Too bad! I'm more worried about cooling me off than the planet my children's children will inherit being too warm. I'm suffering here!

Look at people around me. Do they notice I'm bright red? Do they notice my clothes are clinging to my body? Deodorant do not fail me now!!

Look in purse. Where's my little battery operated fan? The one I bought at Disneyland and has Minnie Mouse on it. Shoot! Why didn't I buy the one that also squirts water? Find little battery operated fan and try to be real non-chalant about it. What? Everybody doesn't use a little battery operated fan in the check out line at Costco?

Try to think about something else. George Clooney. Think about George Clooney. No. He makes me hotter. Think about the Antarctic. Eskimos. Popsicles. Not working.

Hold arms to side as I'm paying for everything. Please, check-out person. Do not notice the huge rings of sweat growing like the oil spill in the Gulf under my arms.

Go outside. It's 110 degrees cause I live in the dang desert. I don't notice because my body temperature in 115. Get in hot car. Don't notice it's a hot car. Turn on a/c. Aim every vent in the car my way.

Drink the water in my cup holder. Water is 145 degrees. Who cares? It's wet. OK. Good. Starting to cool off a little. Starting to breathe again. Think I'm OK. Yes, I'm OK. This brain fry has not wiped out my memory and I should be able to find my way home.

Get home. Take off all my clothes while not going anywhere near a mirror. Stand in middle of bedroom absolutely starkers. Ahhhhh..... Relief!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 07:14 AM

10,206 posts, read 20,974,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
For me? Just minding my own business, not hurting anybody when WHAM!!!!!!!
Accurate. I guess I flash more then I want to admit too.
Guess I should start taking the natural stuff I picked up.

Buy a box of pop ice. They help a lot when your internal temp goes up.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:13 AM

8,668 posts, read 20,186,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I took them for a few years, at first they helped a lot then they seem to play out, like I built up to them. Try some, get the generic brand from Walmart. You have my sympathy being hot is bad, but hot flashers are a nightmare!!! Let me know if you try them. Oh and sticking your head in the freezer works too
Maybe as your body produced less estrogen, they were not powerful enough to overcome that. I'll probably at least try it. Thanks.

I need a folding fan, however. Does anyone know where you can buy one?
I find lately I'm fanning with anything available~~restaurant menus, the church bulletin, you name it!!

Old 04-13-2019, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 43 times
My hot flashes is worst when I lay on my stomach, and it rushes up. It is stop terrible, my sleep interrupted. Has anyone found any relief that really works for hf. Everything I have tried DO NOT work.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:27 PM

6,124 posts, read 2,421,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARH View Post
My hot flashes is worst when I lay on my stomach, and it rushes up. It is stop terrible, my sleep interrupted. Has anyone found any relief that really works for hf. Everything I have tried DO NOT work.
Well, what have you tried? Kind of hard to make suggestions if we don't know what hasn't helped. You aren't going to prevent them (if that was really possible everyone would be doing it ). For the ones that woke me up the thing that seemed to help me get over them the fastest was keeping a fan on a table next to my bed aimed at face level. It had a large on-off button on the front I could easily find while half asleep. As soon as I woke up with one I'd hit that button and get instant relief. Flash would pass, I'd hit the button again and go back to sleep.

Old Today, 03:07 PM

1,094 posts, read 587,069 times
Eating seaweed or supplementing with thyroid-supportive minerals works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness