Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

Read this in..well, yesterday's paper now.

I'm not really worried about sun exposure, since I'm inside the majority of the day and head off to work as the sun goes down (and back again before it comes up). Actually, even if I worked days--inside--I wouldn't worry about sun exposure. But I know some are.

So I thought you might find this interesting.

SunGuard: SunGuard Sun Protection

It's supposed to be a laundry additive that gives your clothes an SPF of 30. Any clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 06:41 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Yea, that's all we need is MORE sun protection

This whole country is vitamin D deficient! The numbers don't lie.

I hope everyone knows that while protecting yourself from prolonged days of sunbathing/burning does aid in the prevention of SOME cancers that:

The SUN and keeping your D levels optimal protect from cancer as well

Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Albeit that some people think I'm some sort of vampire, and I never come out during the day, I do. I run my errands during the day. The sun doesn't bother me at all.

In fact, I wonder if this stuff wouldn't make one feel hotter, because it would somehow close the natural airflow in clothing fibers. I like loose, airy clothing in the Florida heat.

I was just putting it out there for anyone interested. Also, some people might burn more easily than I do--have fairer skin and such.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:56 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,037,272 times
For others curious . . SunGuard MSDS (http://www.ritdye.com/images/pages/sunguard.pdf - broken link).

Old 07-22-2009, 03:53 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,071 times
Well i wouldn't say that the whole country is deficeint in Vit D.What does amaze me is that I see kids at schools out playing sport with no hats on.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Well i wouldn't say that the whole country is deficeint in Vit D.What does amaze me is that I see kids at schools out playing sport with no hats on.

I would say most. And I'd say that because they are

Old 07-23-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I would say most. And I'd say that because they are
Can you point me in the direction of the evidence please?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Can you point me in the direction of the evidence please?

It doesn't matter what links I provide since most are stubbern to such facts unless the FDA comes right to your front door and says it to your face.

It's common sense. You take a country who works indoors and plays indoors and slathers sunscreens (which are cancerous themselves) all over their bodies not to mention their little kids. Then you add the fact that we don't eat many foods that NATURALLY provide vitamin D.

"They" keep raising the RDA. The research is being done. The results are out. A review of all of the info is due in May of 2010. Vitamin D has been proven to help aid in the prevention of Diabetes, Cancer and colds and flu. And many of us know why they WOULDN'T want to prevent any of these ailments $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Facts are facts.

There are many things going on and many studies for many different things all over the country. Not everything gets onto the news or in the paper or gets glorified just to get all the monkeys jumping up and down for the cause THEY choose you to be interested in.

Just yesterday I was checking out the news in other countries and found a story that included an American Journalists who is SUING the WHO claiming "mass murder."

I bet you wouldn't see that on your ABC news

Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
This page from the NaturalNews website contains many informative articles on Vitamin D and Sunshine.

These existing threads may also be of interest:
Power of the Sunshine (Vitamin)

Get Some Sun and Save Your Life

More sun is healthy!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
It doesn't matter what links I provide since most are stubbern to such facts unless the FDA comes right to your front door and says it to your face.

It's common sense. You take a country who works indoors and plays indoors and slathers sunscreens (which are cancerous themselves) all over their bodies not to mention their little kids. Then you add the fact that we don't eat many foods that NATURALLY provide vitamin D.

"They" keep raising the RDA. The research is being done. The results are out. A review of all of the info is due in May of 2010. Vitamin D has been proven to help aid in the prevention of Diabetes, Cancer and colds and flu. And many of us know why they WOULDN'T want to prevent any of these ailments $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Facts are facts.

There are many things going on and many studies for many different things all over the country. Not everything gets onto the news or in the paper or gets glorified just to get all the monkeys jumping up and down for the cause THEY choose you to be interested in.

Just yesterday I was checking out the news in other countries and found a story that included an American Journalists who is SUING the WHO claiming "mass murder."

I bet you wouldn't see that on your ABC news
Facts are only facts in my book if you can show me the evidence.There are more people with VitD deficiency in the eastern world because of how they dress. But no-you haven't convinced me that it is a fact that most people are Vit D deficient. You are far more likely to die of skin cancer through not using sunscreen than of Vit D deficiency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness