U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM

43 posts, read 663,792 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I have this lump on my back right underneath my left shoulder blade. At first I thought it was just a knot because its movable, but its been there a really long time and has been causing some pain lately. I don't go to the doctor very often....really do not even know what kind of doctor I would go to for this. Anyone have any clue about what this could be? Thanks as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 PM

48,526 posts, read 75,935,879 times
Start with a family physican 'it could just be a common cyst.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:17 AM

27,439 posts, read 28,064,149 times
Go to your family doctor. It could be just a lump of fat that will disappear, but it should be checked out. Good luck!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM

31 posts, read 78,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Start with a family physican 'it could just be a common cyst.
Exactly what I was going to say, but if it is growing or in pain, or large, very wise to get it checked out

Old 01-04-2012, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 22,684 times
Hi there, I was just wondering did you find out what the problem is with your back? I have the exact same problems!

Old 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM

1,583 posts, read 2,348,076 times
Could be a lipoma.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,403,496 times
This thread is 2 1/2 years old .. just sayin.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM

10,279 posts, read 16,534,293 times
My dad had a lump like that, and it was a benign cyst. When it got to the size of a golf ball, he had it removed. It came back again, but not as large as it was originally.

It's definitely worth a trip to the doctor so they can have a look at the lump.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:32 PM

3 posts, read 288 times
I realize thread is old but wanted to add that my dad got a lump by the left shoulder blade but thought it was just pain from putting away Christmas decor.

He tried his chiro but that didn't help so went to see my mom's pain doc. The lump was found and biopsied. It was cancerous and a pet scan then showed cancer in his lungs, bone, lymphs, and soon liver and more.

The lump got really large in the next six weeks that Dad had left to live. He didn't get any treatment because it was so advanced. Went straight to home hospice care.

My dad was also the tyoe who didn't go to the doctor much. I know he had been more tired than usual and had a cough a few months earlier that they only gave z-pack for. His labs were all normal, too. He wasn't one to push for his health and instead would push himself to keep going and drive the little old ladies from church to their doc appts. He was 82.

So I'm going to say to anyone with a lump on your back from out of the blue, get it checked asap and make them do thorough tests and not just the usual ridiculously limited amount of levels they check.

My dad was loved by all. He wasn't ready to leave but accepted death with so much grace and spent those weeks tying up loose ends to ease things for my mom and having so many visitors saying goodbye, despite exhaustion.

I've seen so many doctors in the past 5 years and know more than ever that you must find your own answers and connect dots in addition to what a doctor believes. There are too many bad ones out there (same ratio of bad docs, bad hairdressers, bad plumbers, bad contractors, etc), but there is no way to weed out bad doctors. And when they don't help your problem, or make it worse, you don't get your money back and there's no manager to complain to. And most often, people don't even realize they've gotten bad service via no diagnosis when more suspicion and thought should have been exersized. I have found that sites like Healthgrades are pretty darn good at identifying the dogs or the real good docs, because they get the most ratings and comments. More people are leaving ratings now so you can get enough info on more and more doctors. This is our only way, as patients, to protect ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness